I thought this was common knowledge? The five crappiest games each week will look great on Fox, the four best games each week and all of the finals will look terrible...and the AFL continue to claim that this is a wonderful result for the fans

7 might not be broadcasting it themselves in HD, but that's not to say their matches won't be filmed in HD...

I guess we'll know come round 1!

D.

Dan,let me expand on my previous post.

She emailed 7 last week and they informed her via email that they won't be doing AFL in HD.

Paul.

And that includes the Grand Final - what a friggin disgrace they are. Some of the blame must also fall on the AFL - the rights agreement doesn't stipulate HD so seven wont do it.

Its mindboggling - we go the whole year watching AFL hd on Foxtel including practice matches (NAB Cup) played before wifes and girlfriends, yet the big one is not in HD. Figure that out.

Some of you guys seem to have forgotten 7 last time had the GF they did their final series in HD inc the GF,it was only the replayed GF that they did in SD as the HD gear had already been sent to a prior commitment(cant remember what it was). I would bet my left nut this years GF will be in HD on 7mate.

Some of you guys seem to have forgotten 7 last time had the GF they did their final series in HD inc the GF,it was only the replayed GF that they did in SD as the HD gear had already been sent to a prior commitment(cant remember what it was). I would bet my left nut this years GF will be in HD on 7mate.

Wheelz,

i'll see your left nut and raise you the right one. :pinch:

I agree with you.The GF will/better be in HD.

Please leave your nuts outta this :sick::winky:

Paul.

How do you figure a TV "reporter" for the Age on 3AW would have any idea what Ch7 is doing?

Well, it is their job to know..........isn't it?

They had half of the finals last year and none were in HD

as the HD gear had already been sent to a prior commitment(cant remember what it was).

Commonwealth Games from India.

Edited by Aurora8

Commonwealth Games from India.

I still reckon that was a load of crap, they'd started 7mate and didn't want to use it to show the same thing as the main channel.

Dan,let me expand on my previous post.

She emailed 7 last week and they informed her via email that they won't be doing AFL in HD.

Paul.

Ah, fair enough - still think its too early to jump down Ch7 throats for something they may or may not do

Ah, fair enough - still think its too early to jump down Ch7 throats for something they may or may not do

Totally agree,what ever happened to innocent untill proven guilty?? :hyper:

Edited by wheelz

I think you're being too kind, I reckon they've proven beyond any reasonable doubt over the last 5 years that they do a terrible job of broadcasting football

G'day,

Week two of Round 1, and we see the same situation as we did last week

Friday Night: St. Kilda v Sydney - First Bounce: 6:40pm AEDST

Played At: Etihad Stadium, Melbourne

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 6:30pm AEDST on Fox Footy and HD (6pm ACSDT, 5:30pm AEST, 5pm ACST, 3:30pm AWST)

Friday Night: Sydney v Geelong - First Bounce: 7:45pm AEDST

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 7:45pm AEDST on Fox Footy and HD (7:15pm ACDST, 6:45pm AEST, 6:15pm ACST, 4:45pm AWST)

Friday Night: Geelong v St. Kilda - First Bounce: 8:50pm AEDST

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 8:50pm AEDST on Fox Footy and HD (8:20pm ACDST, 7:50pm AEST, 7:20pm ACST, 5:50pm AWST)

Saturday Night: Gold Coast v Melbourne - First Bounce: 6:10pm AEST - 7:10pm AEDST

Played At: Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 7pm AEDST on Fox Footy and HD (6:30pm ACDST, 6pm AEST, 5:30pm ACST, 4pm AWST)

Saturday Night: Melbourne v Brisbane - First Bounce: 7:15pm AEST - 8:15pm AEDST

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 8:15pm AEDST on Fox Footy and HD (7:45pm ACDST, 7:15pm AEST, 6:45pm ACST, 5:15pm AWST)

Saturday Night: Brisabne v Gold Coast - First Bounce: 8:20pm AEST

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 9:20pm AEDST on Fox Footy and HD (8:50pm ACDST, 8:20pm AEST, 7:50pm ACST, 6:20pm AWST)

Sunday: Pt. Adelaide v Carlton - First Bounce: 2:40pm ACDST - 3:10pm AEDST

Played At: AAMI Stadium, Adelaide

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 3pm AEDST on Fox Footy and HD (2:30pm ACDST, 2pm AEST, 1:30pm ACST, 12pm AWST)

Sunday: Carlton v Adelaide - First Bounce: 3:45pm ACDST - 4:15pm AEDST

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 4:15pm AEDST on Fox Footy and HD (3:45pm ACDST, 3:15pm AEST, 2:45pm ACST, 1:15pm AWST)

Sunday: Adelaide v Pt. Adelaide - First Bounce: 4:50pm ACDST

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 5:20pm AEDST on Fox Footy and HD (4:50pm ACDST, 4:20pm AEST, 3:50pm ACST, 2:20pm AWST)

Totally agree,what ever happened to innocent untill proven guilty?? :hyper:

As far as I'm concerned given their track record over the last few years.............they're guilty until proven innocent. Repeat, there's absolutely no chance of any HD on 7 for the duration of the current rights agreement. In the northern outposts, Mate will be an upscale event and probably just as crappy.

As far as I'm concerned given their track record over the last few years.............they're guilty until proven innocent. Repeat, there's absolutely no chance of any HD on 7 for the duration of the current rights agreement. In the northern outposts, Mate will be an upscale event and probably just as crappy.

Remember these famous words come september. :sweat:

Remember these famous words come september. :sweat:

I don't want to be waiting until September for HD!!

I'd rather the whole season be in HD, & then for some stupid reason, the Grand Final be in SD.......

So long as most of the games are in HD (which they won't be)..............

Edited by Ralfi

I don't want to be waiting until September for HD!!

I'd rather the whole season be in HD, & then for some stupid reason, the Grand Final be in SD.......

So long as most of the games are in HD (which they won't be)..............

If your talking 7 then the ONLY possible chance for HD is maybe finals.

Seeing as fox have 5 of the 9 games a week and their all HD then you get your wish for most games in HD.

G'day,

Round 2 of the NAB Cup, and in this new version of the tournament, not every game is actually covered, and in some states, you'll have to rely on your local radio station to broadcast it

Friday Night: Gold Coast v Geelong - First Bounce: 7:40pm AEST - 8:40pm AEDST

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 8:30pm AEDST on Fox Footy and HD (8pm ACDST - 7:30pm AEST - 7pm ACST - 5:30pm AWST)

Saturday: Hawthorn v G.W. Sydney - First Bounce: 3:40pm AEDST

Played At: Aurora Stadium, Launceston

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 3:30pm AEDST on Fox Footy and HD (3pm ACDST - 2:30pm AEST - 2pm ACST - 12:30pm AWST)

Saturday: West Coast v Pt. Adelaide - First Bounce: 4:10pm AWST - 6:40pm ACDST

Played At: Rushton Park, Mandurah

No Broadcast

Saturday: Essendon v St. Kilda - First Bounce: 7pm AEDST

Played At: Wangaratta Showgrounds, Wangaratta

No Broadcast

Saturday: Sydney v Nth. Melbourne - First Bounce: 7pm AEDST

Played At: Bruce Purser Reserve, Kellyville

No Broadcast

Saturday Night: Adelaide v Brisbane - First Bounce: 7:40pm ACST - 8:40pm ACDST - 8:10pm AEST

Played At: Traeger Park, Alice Springs

No Broadcast

Saturday Night: Collingwood v Melbourne - First Bounce: 7:40pm AEDST

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 7:30pm AEDST on Fox Footy and HD (7pm ACDST - 6:30pm AEST - 6pm ACST - 4:30pm AWST)

Sunday Night: W. Bulldogs v Carlton - First Bounce: 5:40pm AEDST

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 5:30pm AEDST on Fox Footy and HD (5pm ACDST - 4:30pm AEST - 4pm ACST - 2:30pm AWST)

Sunday Night: Fremantle v Richmond - First Bounce: 5:10pm AWST - 8:10pm AEDST

Played At: Patersons Stadium, Perth

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 8pm AEDST on Fox Footy and HD (7:30pm ACDST - 7pm AEST - 6:30pm ACST - 5pm AWST)

Edited by McDigital

This week is the first big test for Fox Footy's claim that all of their games will be in HD, will we see the Hawks playing in Tassie in HD for the first time ever?