Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MdMa

Panasonic St30A And Sbs 3D

6 posts in this topic

I was going through the menu on my uncles ST30A yesterday and noticed it doesn't have the ability to do SBS 3D or Over-Under 3D.. unlike my VT20A ?!?

Have I missed something or is this tv only capable of 2D > 3D conversion and normal 3D via a 3D BD player?

Anyone?

Dont have either Mdma but curious if it has an auto setting that switches s/s according to the signal received like my 3d projector ? Unless its a lower series model but s/s should be there youde think for downrezed fta etc :hmm:

Dont have either Mdma but curious if it has an auto setting that switches s/s according to the signal received like my 3d projector ? Unless its a lower series model but s/s should be there youde think for downrezed fta etc :hmm:

I would like to think that, but confirmation would be better.

Unfortunately I haven't played with any of the VT30's or GT30's to see if it is the same. All I know is my VT20A has the option to manually switch to Side by Side or Top and Bottom 3D.... the ST30 doesn't as far as I can see.

I would like to think that, but confirmation would be better.

Unfortunately I haven't played with any of the VT30's or GT30's to see if it is the same. All I know is my VT20A has the option to manually switch to Side by Side or Top and Bottom 3D.... the ST30 doesn't as far as I can see.

Ide almost guarantee it after reading a review of the UK version ; just cant see it left off our version ; its got a new menu system as well.

http://www.avforums.com/review/Panasonic-ST30-TX-P46ST30B-42ST30-46ST30-50ST30-3D-Plasma-TV-Review.html

There is a control called Picture Sequence which reverses the 3D image and an Edge Smoother function that is presumably designed to work with lower resolution side-by-side material. Finally there is a 3D Detection mode that when on will automatically detect the 3D signal (frame sequential, side-by-side or top and bottom) and display it correctly.

Well from reading that review, it would seem it will do SbS & TaB 3D.

Great review too... makes me feel a whole lot better.

Thanks for your help cwt.