agelessgoodguy

Oppo Bdp-83

8 posts in this topic

Firmware Release:

Latest Official Release Version

Release date: December 21, 2011.

Category: Latest Official Release

Main Version: BDP83-58-1215

Downloads and installs in about 3 minutes via LAN. Requires a re-boot.

1: Resolved the disc loading issue reported on several recently released DVD movies. These DVD discs come with their Blu-ray package and sample titles include "True Grit", "Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon" and "Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides". The reason for this issue is related to the new anti-copy strategy implemented on these DVDs which keeps BDP-83 searching for non-existing contents. This problem has been solved.

2: Other general disc compatibility improvement based on recent and upcoming releases. Sample titles included "Rory Gallagher: Live in Montreaux (DVD)", "Avatar" (Blu-ray included in the Panasonic 3D Kit Bundle), "OTAKU (DVD)", "Fantasia 2000 (BD, European version)", "Alban Berg Quartet: Beethoven String Quartets, Vol. 1 (DVD-A)" and "Live! (DVD, 2007)".

All features and improvements of the previous firmware are also included in this version.

Edited by Agelessgoodguy

Since downloading the new firmware I noticed late last night I now have access to playing YouTube videos with a new search engine - the previous interface was very limited and primitive before. I assumed that the YouTube button was for the USA market and so I haven't been in that area for a while. Can anyone confirm this? or have I found an existing feature?

Ross may I suggest you PM the mods and ask for this to be moved over to the Blu-ray thread where it's probably more likely to be noticed and more relevant..........

JFYI if you have the previous beta firmware installed, there is no change. My machine said I had the latest firmware when I checked, and I had installed the previous beta.

Since downloading the new firmware I noticed late last night I now have access to playing YouTube videos with a new search engine - the previous interface was very limited and primitive before. I assumed that the YouTube button was for the USA market and so I haven't been in that area for a while. Can anyone confirm this? or have I found an existing feature?

Doh! I read the topic as BDP-93 not 83... No wonder nobody responded to my question...

Doh! I read the topic as BDP-93 not 83... No wonder nobody responded to my question...

Well I guess 9 does come after 8, so no problems with your maths at least Mrj69