Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hidefdave

Win Watermark

10 posts in this topic

Just flicked past WIN today (Western Vic), and the watermark is almost completely solid - hardly any transparency at all!

WTF?? And why can't it be in the 16:9 frame instead of 4:3 safe? There can't be too many analogue WIN market's left...

Christ, even 9 have shifted their WWOS watermark further to the right for the cricket! If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even bother watching the channel!

D.

Edited by hidefdave

Easy, either watch Melbourne Nine if you can, or just switch it off?

WIN NSW/ACT/TAS/WA still on-air with analogue.

WIN NSW/ACT/TAS/WA still on-air with analogue.

All WIN analogue broadcasts are in 14:9 letterbox though, so it wouldn't be too much to ask for it to be pushed a little bit wider. Though the same goes for Nine itself.

G'day,

Can someone get a screen grab (or did someone get one) of the watermark WIN used during the cricket?

It'll be very hilarious for those city folk who dont get WIN, to see how they've "added" more to covering up the Nine logo

G'day vonbarron,

That's what I thought I saw the other night, I was amazed at that. I've now heard that possibly Adelaide and Perth's Nine both did that too!

I have said on their Facebook group for WIN Television, that we know that we're watching Cricket Live, no need to put it on our screen

Not a good one out of the blocks in that first image back thankfully they'd fixed it up. Obviously viewers would prefer a normal watermark, but since WIN don't have acces to a clean version of the feed, that watermark as shown in the second image does a pretty good job.

WIN's "branding" via their watermarking is now totally over the top IMHO. In addition to the news and WWOS solidmarks, what they're now serving up on GEM and GO is an utter disgrace. A solid white WIN logo above each respective channels' solid colour logo!

Seriously, WTF?!

D.

G'day hidefdave,

So it's called WIN GEM and WIN GO now? I havent seen those watermarks yet, I'm not in the area at the moment to check, but would be interesting to see what's going on!

It's almost sounds like how Prime had their version of 7TWO watermark for a little bit, until they went to the smaller version of what the major capitals have now