Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alanh

Digital Tv: Closing The Gap For Regional Wa Viewers

174 posts in this topic

Except my TCL TV is not showing a picture on Gem and Go but the other Teli's are :-/

Fixed (kinda). Went and got a DTV tuner for the MCE box attached to the TV :-)

Well I must say it was nice being able to watch the F1 on One the other night, and not have to wait for some nice person in the UK to record it for me *ahem*. I had to drop the boost on my booster as the ABC was tripping out which is handy. I might even pull it later and see if I can go without it now. Now to convince the wife that a second tuner and bigger hard disk for the MCE box is a good idea (wish me luck!).

kendenupian,

Thanks for the date

SDW12, SSW6, WOW8

Have you heard when the SBS UHF transmitter will be replaced with a band 3 transmitter? I assume it will use channel 7 after ABAW7 analog transmitter in Albany is switched off at the end of 2013.

Do you expect any problems with Wagin's SSW6 and ABW8 both analog horizontal? (120 kW each directional)

Do you know when ABAW8 digital will move up to channel 40 or 43?

The dates which are unknown, are the more powerful transmitters at Wagin, Geraldton, the extra pair needed at Mawson

Cheers,

Alan

Edited by alanh

I don't have many details for the changes planned. Just the obvious SBS vhf change after the digit shutoff.

A large band 3 antenna refurbishment is happening soon to cater for the high input power.

The biggest day for me will be when the AFL will be on a digital stream..

Some reports show the Albany signal is covering a reasonable area.

Some locations on the west of the Porongurups receiving a fair signal.

GWN et. al. have disappeared here in Albany today. Don't know what they have done but it's been no picture or sound all arvo at least.

Except my TCL TV is not showing a picture on Gem and Go but the other Teli's are :-/

Hi Muttley,

First let me say, I am NOT a great Fan of the brand you mentioned. But in its defense I must have to suggest that your unique problem could be caused by signal strength issues (as you have mentioned having more than ONE TV outlet-point).

Have you tried to Swap TV’S to see if the other Tv’s React the same, off the same wall point??? The INPUT Tolerance levels in different tuner modules within the different TV Brands can vary.

But at the end of the day it’s ALL to do with picture Quality on the SCREEN, and the Brand you mentioned would BEST be suited for a TAB situation, where they Display the TELETEXT Only. HA! HA!

Cheer’s

Baja

can anyone tell me if esperance is still scheduled for the 24th Feb??

I'll check the schedule at work tomorrow.

can anyone tell me if esperance is still scheduled for the 24th Feb??

The on-air date I have for Esperance is 24 April 2012.

Well reported in the local newspaper a few weeks ago, apparently Geraldton was supposed to get 'some' (GWN,7TWO,GO?) of the digital channels on the 17th of Feb. Re-scanned and as i thought no new channels............But that don't supprise me.

Harves

Well reported in the local newspaper a few weeks ago, apparently Geraldton was supposed to get 'some' (GWN,7TWO,GO?) of the digital channels on the 17th of Feb. Re-scanned and as i thought no new channels............But that don't supprise me.

Harves

Not sure where they get their info but the install schedule shows Moresby Range on air around 30 May 20102.

Edited by stump_1100

Could someone who knows something please tell me when Narrogin will get Digital (other than ABC & SBS). Will it be broadcast in (proper) widescreen or the currently available format that chops a heap off both sides?

Could someone who knows something please tell me when Narrogin will get Digital (other than ABC & SBS). Will it be broadcast in (proper) widescreen or the currently available format that chops a heap off both sides?

Narrogin is set down for all services on the 30th March 2012.

RobertL