Sign in to follow this  
Ralfi

Any Word On Hd For The Summer Of Cricket 2011/2012?

I expect yet another disappointing treatment of one the countries most popular sports, with Nine about to announce their glorious summer of cricket in fantastic SD/2-channel audio......

Anyone spotted any official announcements from Nine stating otherwise, or will they just spring their mediocre coverage on us unannounced?...

I'm sorry to say I think you are living in fantasy-land if you even think it might be possible. This is Australian FTA after all.

Given they couldn't find 2 hours in the Gem schedule to show the NRL GF, there's not a hope they'll show 7 hours of cricket

What's the point of showing it on GEM anyway. Its utter crap, nothing like a HD channel; they show the Today show in reasonable HD then drop the bit rate for the rest of the day. In fact the PQ is better on 9 and Go.

At least on One and Mate there is a small amount of native HD programming.

Well I wont be holding my breath for ANY HD cricket coverage on gem.

Maybe the T20 games?............Nah, who am I kidding!

Well I wont be holding my breath for ANY HD cricket coverage on gem.

Maybe the T20 games?............Nah, who am I kidding!

Nein F***** us up royally last year when they promised The Ashes in "Glorious" HD, and then choked on their own waffle and lies.

There's NO chance these non patriotic weeners will do the right thing this year.

Cricket looks crap on SD, but not as crap as simultaneous reruns of Murder She Wrote on HD.

Yes the Footy should have been shown in HD. From memory they showed something stupid like To The Manor Born on GEM at the time.

I find it quite pathetic that whenever there is a major sporting event televised on Nine SD, they put outdated (read:cheap to broadcast) rubbish on the HD channel.

I could almost forgive them if they put something stunning on the HD channel, but I reckon they are just poking the sporting fans in the eye, and also the non sporting fans as well. Probably because they are the squeaky wheels whenever sport is moved onto an HD channel that complain that they are missing Oprah or some such US drivel.

"Rant off" Don't get me started on the Cricket and Channel Nein......Cricket is game sent from heaven and should be treated as such....

After this weekends HD broadcast of the League and Rugby Union I think there is a much higher chance of seeing some HD cricket this season.

Last year many of us called or wrote to complain that the sport was not in HD.

I have just called to thank/congratulate nine on their change in policy in the hope some positive feedback may help push them along...

So I ask everyone here to call channel 9 and tell them that you liked what they did on;

Channel Nine Sydney (02) 9906-9999

Channel Nine Melbourne (03) 9420-3111

Channel Nine Brisbane (07) 3214-9999

Channel Nine Adelaide (08) 8267 0111

Channel Nine Perth (08) 9449 9999

No point just calling to complain. :)

Cheers,

JSmith :ninja:

Looks unlikely seeing as they won't be showing the Rugby World Cup Final on GEM.

I think they would have if Australia was in it...

The 3rd place playoff was in HD on Gem.

JSmith :ninja:

Yeah as I mentioned it it's thread, they changed their minds late in the week and did it on GEM in addition to the Nine broadcast.

Any update on whether it will be in SD or HD?

They showed the Presidents cup today in SD and went to Millionaire in the middle of the final hole of the day LOL

They showed the Presidents cup today in SD and went to Millionaire in the middle of the final hole of the day LOL

Its on gem this morn.

Wasn't HD

Are you serious?

I didn't watch it, just saw it on the guide.

I can't believe that........... Oh, hang on, it's channel 9, yes I can!

Are you serious?

I didn't watch it, just saw it on the guide.

I can't believe that........... Oh, hang on, it's channel 9, yes I can!

FOXTEL guide states clearly, that FOX is the only HD broadcast of the Presidents Cup and it's very nice too!

"FOX SPORTS is the only Australian broadcaster offering HIGH DEFINITION coverage of the event in its entirety."

Err this thread's about cricket. Any news on that? Thought they would have been playing in Aus by now, but they've just finished the SA tour I think..

Err this thread's about cricket. Any news on that? Thought they would have been playing in Aus by now, but they've just finished the SA tour I think..

They havnt finished yet, its day 4 of the 2nd test tonight.