bomba111982

Fox Footy Channel

893 posts in this topic

Yes, isn't it going to be magic next year. Foxtel showing AFL HD out of its backside all year on the new Fox AFL channel and we get to the biggest game of the year and guess what............

No one is ever quite pleased lol

It's so far ahead of anything else we have ever had. I can live with one game a year in that situation!

Yes, isn't it going to be magic next year. Foxtel showing AFL HD out of its backside all year on the new Fox AFL channel and we get to the biggest game of the year and guess what............

The 2 'best' games each week (Friday night and the FTA Saturday night game) plus all finals and the GF won't be HD, it's ridiculous

The 2 'best' games each week (Friday night and the FTA Saturday night game) plus all finals and the GF won't be HD, it's ridiculous

Add to that the 2 games in Darwin, 1 game in Cairns, 1 game in Canberra, 3 Nth Melb games in Hobart, 2 Hawthorn games in Launceston and I suspect other games in major capital cities when contracted HD broadcast equipment is in short supply. Also, with recent compression of HD channels we don't know what kind of picutre quality deficit will occur with the new HD channel - even in the event that most of the Fox allocated games are in Native HD.

Also, with recent compression of HD channels we don't know what kind of picutre quality deficit will occur with the new HD channel - even in the event that most of the Fox allocated games are in Native HD.

Yeah, I'm getting a bit worried about that myself. The native HD Fox games really did look fantastic this year, so I'm hoping for the same next year. (Fingers crossed)

Wags

I have no doubt that 7 will show next years GF in HD,after all the first one last year was HD

Ive never understood why they don't rename the channel cricket tv in summer and back to afl after its finished, to me noones going to watch it for 3 months of the year. That's why it went last time I imagine.

I think he might be doing that soccer show only, a win for football fans Australia-wide

I hope he is going across to AFL coverage, becauase he is awful on Fox Sports FC. You can tell he knows nothing about the game. Please bring back Simon Hill!

I hope he is going across to AFL coverage, becauase he is awful on Fox Sports FC. You can tell he knows nothing about the game. Please bring back Simon Hill!

He doesn't know anything about football (or any other sport for that matter) either, he's on radio here in Melbourne in the morning and he is un-listenable (not that that is actually a word). ONE wheeled him out to host their Super Bowl coverage a couple of years ago too...mind numbing

If the sport is 'AFL' wouldn't the league be the AAFLL?

It's been 'football' for 150 years, why would it change now?

It is actually called Australian Rules !

It is actually called Australian Rules !

Australian Rules football

And just like Association football, Gaelic football and American football, it is shortened to 'football' where it is played

If the sport is 'AFL' wouldn't the league be the AAFLL?

It's been 'football' for 150 years, why would it change now?

You have to ask the AFL that question, because they have encouraged the usage of 'AFL' to refer to the sport. Or ask the general public, because everyone calls the game AFL now - not just Fox.

Edited by MattWinter

This has been done to death, no-one is going to change their views :)

Back to the TV channel - the Hawks have 6 of their 7 non-Melbourne games on Fox, great news (based on the assumption that 'all games will be native HD' actually means all games will be native HD)

Yeah im excited, 11 bulldogs games on fox so should all be HD tho not sure the darwin game will be.