Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yorac

Integra Dhc 80.2/80.3...........

93 posts in this topic

I'll have to have you around one day mate and you can check out the CAT-8Cs with the dual submerisives through the Onkyo

Absolutely mate I'm very keen to hear the CAT-8C's and the Onkyo.

Cheers

Blade

It's funny how threads can be cleaned up nicely overnight. Was a bit concerned it was going bit OT. ;)

But back on topic. Congratulations Yorac. As you well know I'm rapt with my Onkyo 5508 which for all intentive purposes is identical to your Integra. I'm glad I was able to help in some way with your decision. I know you've always held Integras in high regard anyway. I'm a lot like you, never really thought much of Audyssey, but the Audyssey XT32 is another beast all together and has nicely smoothed out my room. I'm sure you will get many years of enjoyment as I plan to.

Cheers mate, yeah that listen to yours was certainly the deal breaker and certainly agree the XT32 does the job exceedingly well, will work out a catch up soon for us mate............. B) .

Cheers mate, yeah that listen to yours was certainly the deal breaker and certainly agree the XT32 does the job exceedingly well, will work out a catch up soon for us mate............. B) .

Hey Neil

Congrats on your purchase and for the review you took the time to write. Sounds like a great beast. Never had an Integra but my 1992 Onkyo is still powering my second system.

Congrats on the purchase Yorac, i have always loved Integras...build quality is always outstanding on all of their products. Glad ur happy with your purchase mate.

I'm also glad you have become a fan of Audyssey, last time at the GTG ur opinion was the opposite though....can I ask why? Did you hear it on someones system and you didn't like it?...Just curious! :P

Congrats on the purchase Yorac, i have always loved Integras...build quality is always outstanding on all of their products. Glad ur happy with your purchase mate.

I'm also glad you have become a fan of Audyssey, last time at the GTG ur opinion was the opposite though....can I ask why? Did you hear it on someones system and you didn't like it?...Just curious! :P

Can't answer for yaroc but when Audyssey gets it wrong (happens more often than not IMHO) it sounds oh so very wrong. When it get it right though, it is very good.

Can't answer for yaroc but when Audyssey gets it wrong (happens more often than not IMHO) it sounds oh so very wrong. When it get it right though, it is very good.

I definetly have to agree with that Drizt, had some pretty bad cals because I had the mic to close to the back wall....read on the forums and a lot of people said that is not a good thing. So I pulled the mic foward one meter and behold...it sounds like heaven! hahaha. Sometimes the smallest things can throw off a calibration.

Cheers guys yes needless to say imho previous versions of Audyssey have been again imo less than impressive with their accuracy or what they have added to the mix, the argument has been done to death here so certainly don't want to get it going again......

Have found XT 32 to be much more accurate and at least with the 80.2 truer to the brand SQ and when I do turn it off I now don't feel like I'm losing anything, one thing I will say and this is from reading a review so not my words, it is about time at the price level that Integra started throwing in the pro cal kit, who knows it might even get more people ito the brand...... B)

Hooked up to the net last night and grabbed the latest firmware update, took all of about 15 minutes with no problems at all............ B)

Hooked up to the net last night and grabbed the latest firmware update, took all of about 15 minutes with no problems at all............ B)

That is so much better than the DHC-9.9. I had to take mine to a service centre if I wanted to keep my warantee.

Sounds like it is a great unit.

That is so much better than the DHC-9.9. I had to take mine to a service centre if I wanted to keep my warantee.

But not nearly as much fun or challenging as updating the DHC-9.9.

I suppose Integra have had to factor in the Knuckle Dragger element with their later models.

Blade

Mate it is extremely good and proves that you don't need to spend anywhere near stupendous amounts of money to get superb quality........

the fact that you don't have to take it in for updates is another string to the bow on this model....... B)

I'd swap my DHC-9.9 for one in a heart beat. My house is wired up with cat6 so having an ethernet port available on the unit for taking pro measurements and / or installing firmware would be invaluable. Not to mention the new features of the 80.2.

You have definitely chosen well.

But not nearly as much fun or challenging as updating the DHC-9.9.

I suppose Integra have had to factor in the Knuckle Dragger element with their later models.

Blade

Geez - Bladey I didnt think you had Integra-ty in your set-up

-_-

Edited by mello yello II

Geez - Bladey I didnt think you had Integra-ty in your set-up

-_-

Come on dude, dont provoke anything.....please keep this thread clean of the bullshit.

Yorac, Im still pretty keen on hearing the 80.2 mate....will have to have a good listen at the GTG in the coming week!.

Hi Yorac

After 6 months researching preamps I finally purchased an 80.2 in May and like yourself was blown away by the sound quality it delivers. I agree completely with you on XT32 and was one of the main reason's I decided on the 80.2 over the 7005 and I am glad I did.

A word of warning, mine is currently at the repair center. First sign of trouble is the non responding volume control knob. Second was when powering on the unit I couldn't get a picture, it would come good 30mins later after I had shutdown the unit. About 2 weeks later all of the controls on the remote and front panel

of the unit would not respond at all. Also had the unit randomly changing input sources. From what I have read on the AVS forums it appears to be an assembly issue with some of the units and possibly some faulty boards. Don't get me wrong I love the unit and I am not tempted to swap it out, it's just frustrating.

Before the issues I can say that everything worked very well on the unit. Doing the firmware updates via the net was so easy.

Edited by Maggoo

Hi Yorac

After 6 months researching preamps I finally purchased an 80.2 in May and like yourself was blown away by the sound quality it delivers. I agree completely with you on XT32 and was one of the main reason's I decided on the 80.2 over the 7005 and I am glad I did.

A word of warning, mine is currently at the repair center. First sign of trouble is the non responding volume control knob. Second was when powering on the unit I couldn't get a picture, it would come good 30mins later after I had shutdown the unit. About 2 weeks later all of the controls on the remote and front panel

of the unit would not respond at all. Also had the unit randomly changing input sources. From what I have read on the AVS forums it appears to be an assembly issue with some of the units and possibly some faulty boards. Don't get me wrong I love the unit and I am not tempted to swap it out, it's just frustrating.

Before the issues I can say that everything worked very well on the unit. Doing the firmware updates via the net was so easy.

Thanks for the heads up mate, did read about this over at AVS also and touch wood no issues yet, hopefully yours gets repaired and no further problems with it, certainly still absolutely rapt in it and continues to impress me.........

Come on dude, dont provoke anything.....please keep this thread clean of the bullshit.

Unfortunately mate the provocation/bullshit started at the top of the page with no reason for it other than trying to start exactly that in the thread, as I said elsewhere you leave them alone and they still can't help themselves.....

Yorac, Im still pretty keen on hearing the 80.2 mate....will have to have a good listen at the GTG in the coming week!.

and got some stuff ready to go for me for you as well mate.......... B)

B)

Thanks for the heads up mate, did read about this over at AVS also and touch wood no issues yet, hopefully yours gets repaired and no further problems with it, certainly still absolutely rapt in it and continues to impress me.........

Yorac

I hope you don't get the same issues, I was interested to read that your 80.2 does not engage nightmode on True HD, mine does, from memory I think is sets to Auto.

Are you checking via the home button on the remote and then the audio option? I would like to know why yours is not and mine is, that is my one hate.

Also, do you have The Police - Certifiable, my friends and I were blown away with the sound on that BD. A real treat!

Yorac

I hope you don't get the same issues, I was interested to read that your 80.2 does not engage nightmode on True HD, mine does, from memory I think is sets to Auto.

Are you checking via the home button on the remote and then the audio option? I would like to know why yours is not and mine is, that is my one hate.

Also, do you have The Police - Certifiable, my friends and I were blown away with the sound on that BD. A real treat!

Cheers mate, interestingly after the firmware update I put Transformers on and bang it was back on auto (knew as it was too quiet), flicked off an email to them about this and got a response within 24 hours that it should have been Auto anyway, said they get a lot of complaints about it (I wonder why)......

same as you hate it but know how to get it turned off fairly quickly and it's not many movies now that it affects so guess we have to wear it........ :)

will grab a copy of Police mate and have a listen......

will update my original post as well re night mode.........