Sign in to follow this  
HomerJ

Game Of Thrones

I hate discount codes that are known to only a select few before expiring.

It came in an email from Amazon.uk - search your emails and you will very likely find it.

It came in an email from Amazon.uk - search your emails and you will very likely find it.

Nup, no emails from Amazon UK mentioning GOT. :(

It was only like £3, based on the regular ex-VAT price of £29, so not a huge deal.

Nup, no emails from Amazon UK mentioning GOT. :(

It was only like £3, based on the regular ex-VAT price of £29, so not a huge deal.

2 pounds

This from AVSForum (they released a 1 disc 1 episode special in US before Christmas):

Picked up Episode 1 of Game of Thrones on blu-ray and I must say by far the best blu ray i've seen bar none. Color reproduction, clarity, black levels, etc etc.... Would love Xylon to get a hold of this.

I'm counting down the days to release...

Magnificent series! The guy who played the dwarf delivered the most natural performance i've seen in ages.

Magnificent series! The guy who played the dwarf delivered the most natural performance i've seen in ages.

And picked up a Golden Globe award this week for his efforts. Well deserved too.

The UK version seems to have a bonus extra disk?

don't get too excited - Exclusive bonus disc: An 18 minute high definition piece regarding ‘creating the visual effects' for the first series. Get a firsthand look at the visual effects used to bring Game of Thrones to HBO, from towering castles and sweeping landscapes, to complex stunts and fight sequences.

OMG .. 18mins.... I'll have to add that to the trillion minutes of extras, commentaries, deleted scenes that i have awaiting on other discs that I own :)

Further : mmmmm wondering if the local distributor (Warner) will find it hard to shift this series - and reduce prices much like what happened to Boardwalk Empire ??

OMG .. 18mins.... I'll have to add that to the trillion minutes of extras, commentaries, deleted scenes that i have awaiting on other discs that I own :)

Given no VAT or postage from amazon uk (I preordered it) I think the extra disc is worth the extra $1 it's going to cost me @ today's exchange rates.

I have a bad feeling that, even as popular as the show is, I think the sales will flop like Boardwalk Empire. Most people don't want to spend $50 on a DVD anymore. I'll still be grabbing the BR off Amazon UK, haven't seen this show yet.

Most people don't want to spend $50 on a DVD anymore.

It will be at least $80 here as the local retailers and distributers try and gouge us. No wonder we buy O/S

It will be at least $80 here as the local retailers and distributers try and gouge us. No wonder we buy O/S

Fixed :ninja:

Are there any known differences between the US and UK versions. Looking at the UK version but not if its been cut.