jsmith

Oled

1,657 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, jsmith said:

Great, you actually did some tests rather than an idle comparison... cheers for the info.

The issues I mention that affect LG's OLED have been noted by reviewers, calibrators and owners. They must all be mistaken.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Satanica said:

I don't believe your last model VT could function watching FOXTEL sports without permanent burn in.

Since I dont have Foxtel sport I will never know, or care. I dont have any burn in now, and at this stage in the panels life I'm quite sure I never will.

My mate with the F8500 watches Foxtel sport for 6 or more hours at a time with no problems.

8 hours ago, Satanica said:

I remember one being destroyed in my local JB HIFI shop when the manager left a static signal on overnight; of course all of the LCDs were fine.

Retailers run the panels at maximum output, something I never even get close to, which makes a BIG difference to burn in risk.

If they where stupid enough to leave a bright static image on screen over night with the contrast cranked up they deserve to get burn in.

The VT60 has a timer that can be set to turn the TV off after a specified time, I have it set 3 hours so I dont have to worry about forgetting to turn it off or have a static image up for more than 3 hours. This has been 100% effective so far and no reason to suspect anything will change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Owen said:

The issues I mention that affect LG's OLED have been noted by reviewers, calibrators...

Bollocks...

JSmith :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Owen said:

My mate with the F8500 watches Foxtel sport for 6 or more hours at a time with no problems.

And someone in this thread had image retention for 10 months after a soccer game. At best plasma appears pretty hit and miss, many are seemingly completely incapable of handling Foxtel sport watermarks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/04/2017 at 8:42 PM, cwt said:

 Apologies for the probable reposting ..

I don't recall seeing it before CWT, so thanks for posting it... was a very interesting interview.

5 hours ago, duke said:

Sony

Yep... this first impression is impressive! :)

JSmith :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Satanica said:

And someone in this thread had image retention for 10 months after a soccer game. At best plasma appears pretty hit and miss, many are seemingly completely incapable of handling Foxtel sport watermarks. 

We have all seen it and spoken to people who have damaged sets... for some to continue on about a dead tech and still trying to convince people burn in isn't an issue, well, it seems pretty lame to me. It's a well documented fact... whereas OLED burn in isn't. :)

JSmith :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Owen said:

Since I dont have Foxtel sport I will never know, or care. I dont have any burn in now, and at this stage in the panels life I'm quite sure I never will.

My mate with the F8500 watches Foxtel sport for 6 or more hours at a time with no problems.

 

Watching foxtel for six hours is not the issue.It's seeing the logo's like a pair of dog's nuts when i'm watching something else that i find offensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Owen said:

The issues I mention that affect LG's OLED have been noted by reviewers, calibrators and owners. They must all be mistaken.

 

Plasma TV had a myriad of issues when it first came out that gradually got adressed with each new generation.My first plasma was a Hitachi and the black level used to go up and down like a yo yo depending on brightness of the image on the screen.Every year LG has improved the technology and we are now at the point that it is so good that other manufactures cannot afford to ignore it for fear of getting left behind in an OLED massacre of LCD.Samsung seem to be the company at most risk with no OLED paddle in the water for the next 12 months so very nervous times for them indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That review tells me everything i need to know.I'll be buying and LG C7 me thinks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mwd said:

Going to be a good few years down the road as the biggest OLED screen they have managed to date is 77" and the Sony A1 will be more than $40,000 

Going to be many years before OLED TVs can be competitive on price with the large 75" +  LCDs 

Yes I would say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Satanica said:

Where's the "like" button. 

We don't have one so you have another useless post like mine. Maybe we should have a LIKE button with NO UNLIKE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IviewHD said:

That review tells me everything i need to know.I'll be buying and LG C7 me thinks. 

What was it that made you think the LG was better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me the only advantage the Sony has is slightly better motion processing but the C7 has great motion processing as well scoring 9.6/10 on Rtings.The Sony tries to force me to buy a futuristic design concept that will add great cost over the C7 and all i need is the TV not a work of art when it's switched off.Sony needs to produce a lower spec model to compete against the range the LG is offering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/04/2017 at 8:21 AM, IviewHD said:

That review tells me everything i need to know.I'll be buying and LG C7 me thinks. 

Indeed the LG *7 will be way better.

Did I read it correctly in that review?  After calibration...... 47 ms in Game Mode and on top of that in 1080p ??  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 4/22/2017 at 6:08 AM, mwd said:

Another review - makes comparisons to this years OLEDs(LG and Phillips) as opposed to last years.
https://www.avforums.com/review/sony-kd-65a1-a1-a1e-bravia-uhd-4k-oled-hdr-tv-review.13313

 

On 4/22/2017 at 11:41 AM, IviewHD said:

To me the only advantage the Sony has is slightly better motion processing but the C7 has great motion processing as well scoring 9.6/10 on Rtings.The Sony tries to force me to buy a futuristic design concept that will add great cost over the C7 and all i need is the TV not a work of art when it's switched off.Sony needs to produce a lower spec model to compete against the range the LG is offering.

Going off this review, I don't think it's as cut and dry as motion handling being the only differentiation.

 

Edited by shankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nadyn said:

Indeed the LG *7 will be way better.

Did I read it correctly in that review?  After calibration...... 47 ms in Game Mode and on top of that in 1080p ??  

The LG is indeed faster 21.3 ms in 1080P and 4K.The LG has 4 hdpc 2.2 HDMI inputs while the Sony has only 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now



  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.