Sign in to follow this  
graham johnson

Anyone Got A Stuffed E1 Or Xe1 ?

I have a good XA1 ( us model) which is of course 110V. I would like to change the power supply in it to a 240V one so i can use it without the transformer.

Anyone ?

Maybe putting my XE 1 and some movies up for sale but it's not stuffed mate so probably wanting more than you'd be wanting to pay......

thought about just taking it to an electronics place and getting a quote to change it over Graham?...............

The E1 is the same as the American A2, and the XE1 is the same as the XA2. So I'm not sure if any of these power supplies would be useable in your XA1.

The E1 is the same as the American A2, and the XE1 is the same as the XA2. So I'm not sure if any of these power supplies would be useable in your XA1.

Yes, they are confirmed as interchangable. The E1 and XE1 have the same supply and can swap with the A2 and XA-1 from the USA. Its a plug in replacement

Hence my intererest. Gotta be a screwed one hanging around somewhere.

I would hate to wreck a working machine to get the power supply BUT if I can get a E1 cheap enough maybe I will have to. Missed out on a $40 E1 a few months ago. They are GREAT DVD players.... I have 2 others hanging around the house that the kids use.

From what I have seen on the board there is no "swap the links" type voltage change for these or I would have done it already. I still have and use my HD DVD's Doesnt seem a point to selling them as they are worth nothing and still look fantastic and at least as good as my PS3.

Edited by graham johnson

I have a good XA1 ( us model) which is of course 110V. I would like to change the power supply in it to a 240V one so i can use it without the transformer.

Anyone ?

Tried Toshiba direct, or an authorized service center of theirs ?

Tried Toshiba direct, or an authorized service center of theirs ?

Spose I could. To be honest it isnt at the top of the list of stuff to do. Just if one came up !!!! :)

Spose I could. To be honest it isnt at the top of the list of stuff to do. Just if one came up !!!! :)

PM me - I have an E1 for sale in perfect working order - cheap.

PM me - I have an E1 for sale in perfect working order - cheap.

I would suggest a PM to Graham may get a quicker response than waiting for him to check the thread.........

Anyone ?

BUMP

Sorry you missed my unit Graham... Rob bought mine for a HDMI issue he was having with his XE-1. Maybe he doesn't need the power supply? Why not pm him???

John

Sorry you missed my unit Graham... Rob bought mine for a HDMI issue he was having with his XE-1. Maybe he doesn't need the power supply? Why not pm him???

John

Just PM'd him John, Thanks. :)

No not really, still need a power supply. ;)

What's the problem with using a transformer? The load should be quite low, requiring a fairly small unit.

What's the problem with using a transformer? The load should be quite low, requiring a fairly small unit.

Only reason is that when you use the remote to turn off the power. The transformer still draws magnetising current which increases the overall power draw in standby.

Plus physically its a pain to have to have it.

would $20-30 sort it ??

seems a shame to kill a working player.

I agree, if its working leave it complete.

I'm sure I have an E1 here, the unit has power.

But from memory it had a error & won't play the disc.

Pay for postage, might suit you better. :)