Sign in to follow this  
asdsa

Optus Is Back In Business!

Are you sure?

My reading of their pricing for Basic + Sport is $60 per month + IQ2 $100 for equipment and $10 per month + HD when it is available a further $10 per month, would equal $80 per month.

I'd like to be wrong...

'Bundled' means you have to have another Optus service such as mobile phone, internet or home phone

Just blink and they will waive the IQ fee, and reduce the IQHD fee to $100. Will Optus be doing that?

IQHD is $100 install standard from Optus!!

Edited by ozboy

'Bundled' means you have to have another Optus service such as mobile phone, internet or home phone

yes - and these are the prices showing for bundled service, so $80 for basic+sports+IQ2+HD when it arrives, + installation cost.

IQHD is $100 install standard from Optus!!

I think it's $100 only if bundled. Was told by Optus that standard unbundled iiQHD install is $199.

yes - and these are the prices showing for bundled service, so $80 for basic+sports+IQ2+HD when it arrives, + installation cost.

The $70 was what the salesperson told me. I even asked him to repeat it to be sure (since it was cheaper than I expected). Maybe he cocked up, maybe it was done to get me on board straight away???

Sometime within the last week the HD channels were activated on Optus cable.

Last week I tested a Foxtel IQ2 unit on the Optus cable line and I was only receiving the SD channels (no HD channels or any FTA, which is usual)

Today I plugged the same unit back into the Optus line and the Foxtel HD channels (again, no FTA - SD or HD) were working

Hope thats good news for you guys

Sometime within the last week the HD channels were activated on Optus cable.

Last week I tested a Foxtel IQ2 unit on the Optus cable line and I was only receiving the SD channels (no HD channels or any FTA, which is usual)

Today I plugged the same unit back into the Optus line and the Foxtel HD channels (again, no FTA - SD or HD) were working

Hope thats good news for you guys

Looks like its cheaper for me with the bundled price to get Optus TV rather than my Foxtel Platinum HD...? But I could be wrong, Do we get all the channels that are currently available on Foxtel Cable or is Optus Cable the same as Foxtel Satellite? ( I am in sydney and do get most of the FTA channelgs but dont get the FTA HD channels). Also is it actually now fully available for everyone? or are we still waiting on things....

Looks like its cheaper for me with the bundled price to get Optus TV rather than my Foxtel Platinum HD...? But I could be wrong, Do we get all the channels that are currently available on Foxtel Cable or is Optus Cable the same as Foxtel Satellite? ( I am in sydney and do get most of the FTA channelgs but dont get the FTA HD channels). Also is it actually now fully available for everyone? or are we still waiting on things....

HD Foxtel on Optus is still not available

Check my message above, the channels are there

I got an email from Optus mid-week saying it wasn't yet available

I got an email from Optus mid-week saying it wasn't yet available

Can they sell the "new" optus over the "telstra/foxtel" cable , or satellite ? Or is it only in Optus cabled areas?

Anyone got HD on Optus Cable in Sydney yet ?

I am interested to know which FTA channels you get.

Specifically, do you get ONE HD (or even a non-HD version of ONE) ?

I don't get ONE HD on Foxtel Satellite and with the F1 season up and running again, I am interested in going back to Optus Cable, but would hate to do so and find out I still can't watch the F1.

Edited by Zelig96

Anyone got HD on Optus Cable in Sydney yet ?

I am interested to know which FTA channels you get.

I don't get ONE HD on Foxtel Satellite and with the F1 season up and running again, I am interested in going back to Optus Cable, but would hate to do so and find out I still can't watch the F1.

Yep, have had IQhd from Optus on cable for 2 weeks now.

Cable delivers FTA SD channels, but I haven't noticed ONE sd, definitely don't get any HD FTA channels.

Graeme

Edited by graemecreech

Yep, have had IQhd from Optus on cable for 2 weeks now.

Cable delivers FTA SD channels, but I haven't noticed ONE sd, definitely don't get any HD FTA channels.

Thanks for the reply.

I want ONE HD to watch the F1 live. If Optus don't have it (HD or SD) then I might as well stick with Foxtel Satellite.

I am getting the typical issues with IQ with it crashing etc.

had a tech come out. He said, it is quite normal for this to happen once the disk gets full.

He mentioned soon in 1.5 months there will be IQ (1.5) coming out. Anyone heard anything? It should fix this problems.

There hasn't been a non HD version of One since before Eleven started on the 11th of January this year.

He mentioned soon in 1.5 months there will be IQ (1.5) coming out. Anyone heard anything? It should fix this problems.

There already is an "IQ 1.5" - it is like the IQ1 but with HDMI capability. Sure he didn't mean the newest IQHD?

There hasn't been a non HD version of One since before Eleven started on the 11th of January this year.

Thanks for the info.

If OneHD is not coming through the Optus Cable either, then I might as well stick with Foxtel Satellite.

At least if I ring them and tell them I want to disconnect, I can negotiate a decent deal.

Edited by Zelig96