Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ozjad

Eleven On Tdt10

43 posts in this topic

If the quality on 7 QLD's edition of 7TWO is anything to go by, it'll be mostly 'acceptable' - a bit soft, bit of artifacting during high complexity / motion scenes. Of course, time will tell.

OneHD looks a bit ordinary now. Question is, will 4.4MB be enough for Eleven?

They'll need to leave at least 100-200kbit/s for overruns and they'll need space for audio and captions so I suspect we'll be looking at around 4Mbps for the video stream. A little bit less than 7TWO. I suspect I'll find Tens crap NTSC to PAL conversions more annoying than the low bitrate.

Looks like Southern Cross have reduced 7mate to 8.2Mbps, same as ONEHD now. They must use the same backhaul for both TDT and Southern Cross. Would explain why ELEVEN hasn't appeared yet.

Edit: I think they have also reduced SCTV from 5.2Mbps to 5.1Mbps

Edited by jase79

There seems to be something happening this afternoon. I'm having dropouts with the TDT channels and if I rescan I either get no channels or only one channel. Have never seen this before and I still have signal etc... but all the channel information goes missing. At the moment if I rescan I only get TDT, no One HD. An hour ago when it last dropped out I had about 4 minutes with neither.

There seems to be something happening this afternoon. I'm having dropouts with the TDT channels and if I rescan I either get no channels or only one channel. Have never seen this before and I still have signal etc... but all the channel information goes missing. At the moment if I rescan I only get TDT, no One HD. An hour ago when it last dropped out I had about 4 minutes with neither.

Yeah they are definetly mucking around with it. TDT is down to 2.7Mbps as is SCTV also. Lots of Null packets and ONEHD disapears every now and then.

Edit: TDT SD has now been lowered to 5.1Mbps (same as SCTV). It was running at 5.4Mbps before.

Edited by jase79

Southern Cross is still exactly the same in the north. No changes to 7mate etc.

TDT is still running at 5.2 mbps here and ONE HD is on air.

Southern Cross is still exactly the same in the north. No changes to 7mate etc.

TDT is still running at 5.2 mbps here and ONE HD is on air.

ELEVEN has appeared just now. Running at 4.11Mbps, same as 7TWO.

ELEVEN has appeared just now. Running at 4.11Mbps, same as 7TWO.

Not getting it yet from either Barrow or Kelcey Tier (yes I know, they'd both be the same!)

Got it up north. It doesn't have a name though.

EDIT: nor an LCN, my tv's arent picking it up but its visible in Ts Reader.

EDIT again: It has a name and LCN now.

Edited by Alista

Got it up north. It doesn't have a name though.

EDIT: nor an LCN, my tv's arent picking it up but its visible in Ts Reader.

EDIT again: It has a name but still no LCN.

Got it here from both Barrow and Kelcey, name and LCN. woohoo!

Well looks like TDT came through for us, excellent. So is this the first time that everywhere in Australia has a new commercial channel launch at the same time in metro and regional areas?

Well looks like TDT came through for us, excellent. So is this the first time that everywhere in Australia has a new commercial channel launch at the same time in metro and regional areas?

The only ones that could come close are Gem or Go! but only because I can't remember the specifics for them but yes I think this will be the first for commercials.

The only ones that could come close are Gem or Go! but only because I can't remember the specifics for them but yes I think this will be the first for commercials.

I think Win launched Go! and Gem at the same time as Nine. Not positive though...

Back on topic, shame about the drop in bandwidth with TDT and 720p with ONE HD. Since the north got Eleven later than Hobart can we assume they are coming off different encoders?

I think Win launched Go! and Gem at the same time as Nine. Not positive though...

Back on topic, shame about the drop in bandwidth with TDT and 720p with ONE HD. Since the north got Eleven later than Hobart can we assume they are coming off different encoders?

Could be, but we still get alot of north tas based ads down here on TDT

Edit: At least you guys in the north still have 7mate in 1080i

Edited by jase79

Yeah I am fairly sure its still the same encoders bitrates are looking pretty much the same in the north to the south for all TDT channels.

Pity about the 720p but I guess we could have seen that coming.

7mate is still defintely 1080i in the north though.

Channels scanned in today at Somerset :P

One HD is 720 what a pity, waste of time buying the new sammy 55 8000 for the poor quality digi round here.

Edited by dave.b

Channels scanned in today at Somerset :P

One HD is 720 what a pity, waste of time buying the new sammy 55 8000 for the poor quality digi round here.

Ditch FTA and get yourself pay tv. They are the only ones doing HD properly in this country now.

Ditch FTA and get yourself pay tv. They are the only ones doing HD properly in this country now.

in Tassie we dont have a real option for HD. Austar's HD service is [email protected] to put it nicely.