Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blairy

Thredbo Reception

6 posts in this topic

Last week I had the pleasure of staying at a mates unit in Thredbo.

Only digital reception he gets is ABC and SBS. The opinion of the seven blokes there that week was that there is a transmitter or whatever at the top of the mountain and the commercial channels simply need to hook into that and all will be good.

Suggested it's a bit more complex than that...

What is required to get all digital FTA channels in Thredbo (and indeed similar places)?

Thanks

Blairy

Only digital reception he gets is ABC and SBS. The opinion of the seven blokes there that week was that there is a transmitter or whatever at the top of the mountain and the commercial channels simply need to hook into that and all will be good.

What is required to get all digital FTA channels in Thredbo (and indeed similar places)?

Thanks

Blairy

Individual transmitters for each network, a combiner (if using a common antenna array), microwave/satellite/off-air links to receive the feeds from each network's distribution point, sufficient power-supply to run it all (plus back-up power generator), telemetry system to monitor systems/transmitters, linked back to the networks' master control, cabling, connectors, etc.

Oh.... and the money to fund it all.

blairy,

The reality is that currently there is at Eagles Nest Restaurant MT CRACKENBACK NSW;

ABN 33 Digital

SBS 30 Digital

Analog

SBS31

ABN34

CTC40

WIN43

CBN46

All horzontally polarised.

The commercials will be on air prior to 30th June 2012.

AlanH

You can't be skiing hard enough if you awake enough to watch TV, a few more runs down Highnoon dodging the boarders will fix that

Thanks

Blairy

All horzontally polarised.

The commercials will be on air prior to 30th June 2012.

AlanH

Do you how much before 30th June 2012? I have tried asking the stations but they do not reply to my emails

Analogue reception in Thredbo is shocking, especially channel 7