Sign in to follow this  
doyle63

Mediastar Hdx 9100 Does This Box Work With Foxtel?

Selectv will cease operations soon and have made some deal with foxtel and austar for selects subs. My question is will my mediastar hdx 9100 terestrial + sat stb work with a foxtel card?

It does, currently movie channels are not working. Looking into a fix for this.

had movie channels worked b4 or not at all? Is any other issues?

Just stopped a few days ago.

- Now & Next EPG

have another Q

foxtel tech called me to confirm ..

He said that he has to instal 2 cables from dish to the foxbox what do i do with 2 cables when mediastar box has only 1 sat/dish connector?

Leave one unplugged.

Ok, thats straight forward, as i thought it is 2 cables for recording right? That transponder thingy.

Thank you DrP

Leave one unplugged.

Ok, thats straight forward, as i thought it is 2 cables for recording right? That transponder thingy.

Thank you DrP

Two separate cables let you access (watch and / or record) content on different polarities. With only one input you obviously can't do that so when you are watching say TV1, you can only record something else on horizontal such as FOX8 (and depending upon the limitations of the PVR perhaps only on the same transponder, ie it has only one tuner).

Two separate cables let you access (watch and / or record) content on different polarities. With only one input you obviously can't do that so when you are watching say TV1, you can only record something else on horizontal such as FOX8 (and depending upon the limitations of the PVR perhaps only on the same transponder, ie it has only one tuner).

Ok cool, i understand.

Thanks you again DrP

Foxtel came today as soon as he left, the mediastar was connected foxbow number keyed in a blind scan was performed hey presto just like magic

Thank you again

BamBBBam and DrP

The magic has ended, i can get all foxtel channels except the Disney channel, when i go to disney a message says 'channel scrambled' (no picture no sound but epg is correct) then the mediastar box freezes then after a min or so it (the box) reboots its self, i conected fox box again to see if disney was working it was

any ideas?

Disney ok here.. Movie channels still no ok.

Waiting for a firmware update from Mediastar, methinks..

im going to (on monday) factory default, re install the latest firmware and try again, if nothing then i will call the frendly mediastar guy, you never know. Will post then let you know if its a go

Disney ok here.. Movie channels still no ok.

Waiting for a firmware update from Mediastar, methinks..

forget firmware update, after talking to mediastar guy he said foxtel decoders from the sat was encrypted diffrently and no future up date would be a fix as the manufactures of the box wont update the way it (the box) handels encryption thats how i understood it

so i got a door stop thanks mediastar and thanks selectv

Now have multiroom with a standard box with a blue card in bedroom. Connected mediastar box, disney channel worked, movie channels didnt iq box in lounge room has orange card connect mediastar no disney and movie channels work but freeze after 5min or so, is it the encryption on the different cards whats going on?

The cards behave differently. Using a 3rd party receiver for Foxtel (and moreso Austar at the moment) is always going to be a PITA and IMO not recommended for the average person. If you are not using a CAM your sole remedy is an update from mediastar. If you are using a CAM, you could try to find patched / updated firmware for it, or perhaps a different make / model of CAM. Given the relative rarity of NDS capable CAMs, I can't see you having much joy there either.