Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThatGirl

Samsung Free 3d Bluray Player And Glasses Offer

393 posts in this topic

How are people getting on at redeeming their 'free' Bluray player and additional two pairs of glasses from Samsung?

Still waiting here and given the email response said it would be 'over ten weeks', thought that was a bit rubbish. Is that usually how long these offers take? Can't really complain I guess, 55" 3D TV, four sets of glasses and a 3D Bluray player all for $3700, just thought it would be a bit quicker than over ten weeks.

Patience patience :P

How are people getting on at redeeming their 'free' Bluray player and additional two pairs of glasses from Samsung?

Still waiting here and given the email response said it would be 'over ten weeks', thought that was a bit rubbish. Is that usually how long these offers take? Can't really complain I guess, 55" 3D TV, four sets of glasses and a 3D Bluray player all for $3700, just thought it would be a bit quicker than over ten weeks.

Patience patience :P

Sent in my receipt last Thursday, let you know when and if they confirm the offer. I gather no one's paid for delivery yet?

Edited by pheggie

Sent in my receipt last Thursday, let you know when and if they confirm the offer. I gather no one's paid for delivery yet?

We haven't been asked to yet. I assume it will be awhile given the 10+ weeks.

8-10 weeks or even longer is about average for promo giveaways. Ask the PS3 ppl from last year who were waiting 4 months

8-10 weeks or even longer is about average for promo giveaways. Ask the PS3 ppl from last year who were waiting 4 months

Ive only put a deposit down. Do I have to send my receipt as well? I thought its only until you make a full payment.

also, how did you come up with 4 glasses?

Ive only put a deposit down. Do I have to send my receipt as well? I thought its only until you make a full payment.

also, how did you come up with 4 glasses?

Sending in the receipt is only after you've paid for it in full.

I assume the 4 sets of glasses are from the 3D starter pack (2 sets of glasses and MvA 3D BD disc) and the promo (2 sets of glasses and 3D BD player)

Sending in the receipt is only after you've paid for it in full.

I assume the 4 sets of glasses are from the 3D starter pack (2 sets of glasses and MvA 3D BD disc) and the promo (2 sets of glasses and 3D BD player)

I was told by harvey norman that you can only choose the 3d starter pack OR the promo. Hence I filled out the necessary forms online for the promo.

Where do I sign up for the 3d starter pack or do you get it with the TV?

I was told by harvey norman that you can only choose the 3d starter pack OR the promo. Hence I filled out the necessary forms online for the promo.

You're meant to get it with the TV.

I think the HN salesperson was wrong. You can get both.

if this HN sales person is telling customer to choose between 3d starter and promo then they should be reported to consumer affairs...the 3d starter kit comes with the tv and shouldn't even be offered after the purchase as a bonus...the bonus is the player and another 2 sets of glasses.....this may be deliberate or not...either way it is wrong and the store owner should be told about it

If it really takes 10+ weeks then that completely misses the 3D FTA trial period when the SOO and WC are on.

I hope Samsung gets a move on or there will be lots of unhappy customers.

I'm still waiting for the bonus monitor with my Samsung laptop I got in Feb.

If it really takes 10+ weeks then that completely misses the 3D FTA trial period when the SOO and WC are on.

I hope Samsung gets a move on or there will be lots of unhappy customers.

I'm still waiting for the bonus monitor with my Samsung laptop I got in Feb.

I believe the 10+ weeks was referring to the bonus Bluray and Two glasses. You should have the tele by the world cup, and if so, you will have the pair of glasses that comes with the tele.(that is, if the salesperson at that HN store hasn't tried to rip you off :) )

I believe the 10+ weeks was referring to the bonus Bluray and Two glasses. You should have the tele by the world cup, and if so, you will have the pair of glasses that comes with the tele.(that is, if the salesperson at that HN store hasn't tried to rip you off :) )

Hi guys,

just to clarify the 10+ weeks is for the bonus player and glasses.. not the TV which I picked up in store on the day... whoever said the 4 pairs of glasses was the 2 that come with the Monsters vs Aliens Bonus pack and the 2 that come with the player was right. You should have got the bonus pack with the TV regardless, if you didn't I'd be paying the store a visit.

I am not at all surprised Harvey Norman was mentioned. I went into Harvey Norman prior to making my purchase (actually I went to all the big shops in the area) and the "lovely" sales guy (dressed as Batman no less!) at Harvey Norman told me he would do me a fantastic deal, the 55" TV with 2 pairs of glasses, the MvsA film and he'd and I quote "throw in the 3D bluray player" for $4700, I was quite happy with this deal as the last shop had offered me just the TV and pack for $4500, so I figured I was getting the player for 200.. thanks Harvey!

... but wait... I go to The Good Guys and JB Hi Fi and they tell me the Bluray player is a promo offer and that Harvey's guy was trying to fleece me! He's "throwing in" the player because it's FREE! Bloody 'Dark Knight'! ... I ended up with the TV, Player, movie and 4xglasses for $3700 in The Good Guys.

Hi guys,

just to clarify the 10+ weeks is for the bonus player and glasses.. not the TV which I picked up in store on the day... whoever said the 4 pairs of glasses was the 2 that come with the Monsters vs Aliens Bonus pack and the 2 that come with the player was right. You should have got the bonus pack with the TV regardless, if you didn't I'd be paying the store a visit.

I am not at all surprised Harvey Norman was mentioned. I went into Harvey Norman prior to making my purchase (actually I went to all the big shops in the area) and the "lovely" sales guy (dressed as Batman no less!) at Harvey Norman told me he would do me a fantastic deal, the 55" TV with 2 pairs of glasses, the MvsA film and he'd and I quote "throw in the 3D bluray player" for $4700, I was quite happy with this deal as the last shop had offered me just the TV and pack for $4500, so I figured I was getting the player for 200.. thanks Harvey!

... but wait... I go to The Good Guys and JB Hi Fi and they tell me the Bluray player is a promo offer and that Harvey's guy was trying to fleece me! He's "throwing in" the player because it's FREE! Bloody 'Dark Knight'! ... I ended up with the TV, Player, movie and 4xglasses for $3700 in The Good Guys.

The 4 sets of glasses is definitely from the 3d starter pack whic you get with the TV, and the Samsung promo wich you apply for.

Glad to hear you didn't get taken for a ride by the HN salesman. I'm sure plenty of people will be swayed by that pitch and will just buy on teh spot.

The 4 sets of glasses is definitely from the 3d starter pack whic you get with the TV, and the Samsung promo wich you apply for.

Glad to hear you didn't get taken for a ride by the HN salesman. I'm sure plenty of people will be swayed by that pitch and will just buy on teh spot.

Yeah I know the glasses are as I have them.. I was just clarifying for someone else who seemed confused ;)

You're right about the HN guy, I always feel an urge to go set things right when I hear a salesman talking crap to a customer, but I always walk away (other than once but let's not go into that lol).

I called up HN after I looked at at the replies of this thread.

the sales guy told me that no body in the store really knows whats going on.

if the starter pack comes with the tv then you get the starter back. He was told that youhave to fill out some forms on the net and choose the starter pack or the promo pack and he just passed that message on to all the customers.

Edited by slickstar

I got the starter pack given to me with the tv. It only has 2 glasses. My understanding is 2 further glasses come with the 3d Bluray player promo.

Edited by pheggie

I ended up with the TV, Player, movie and 4xglasses for $3700 in The Good Guys.

Thats an awesome price for the 55". Shame im not that blown away by Sammy's 3d implementation. Way to much ghosting for my liking.

I got the starter pack given to me with the tv. It only has 2 glasses. My understanding is 2 further glasses come with the 3d Bluray player promo.

Was MVA and the 2 glasses in the same box as the TV or did u received the pack separately?

I called up HN after I looked at at the replies of this thread.

the sales guy told me that no body in the store really knows whats going on.

if the starter pack comes with the tv then you get the starter back. He was told that youhave to fill out some forms on the net and choose the starter pack or the promo pack and he just passed that message on to all the customers.

That's incorrect. You get the starter pack with the tv, then you go online to register for the promo pack. It's not one or the other. The sales guy is a dick. Go into the store and demand your starter pack.

Andys.

That's incorrect. You get the starter pack with the tv, then you go online to register for the promo pack. It's not one or the other. The sales guy is a dick. Go into the store and demand your starter pack.

Andys.

This dude is right, it's a small box you get WITH the TV, you don't need to fill in anything to get it. Go kick up a fuss.