Sign in to follow this  
Musketeer

Eurosport

When Eurosport frst launched I wasn't particularly excited. But recently I have found myself watching a fair bit of it. Their coverage of wintersports is pretty good and often live. We've watched a fair bit ski jump, luge etc.. I've also watched a few decent French Rugby games on it. Plus the other day, the WTA tennis final in Sydney was shown live - Seven showed it delayed 2 hrs later.

All in all I'm pretty happy to have the new channel in our lienup. Would be better in HD though.

When Eurosport frst launched I wasn't particularly excited. But recently I have found myself watching a fair bit of it. Their coverage of wintersports is pretty good and often live. We've watched a fair bit ski jump, luge etc.. I've also watched a few decent French Rugby games on it. Plus the other day, the WTA tennis final in Sydney was shown live - Seven showed it delayed 2 hrs later.

All in all I'm pretty happy to have the new channel in our lienup. Would be better in HD though.

Agree.

I find myself drawn to the channel late at night when I should be going to bed if the wintersports are on...even have a new found appreciation for the biathlon :lol::lol: . Must be the reason I'm so tired at work all the time.

Cheers,

Jabba.

Me too - two months ago I don't reckon I would've been interested in the Winter Olympic channels but now I've done a back flip and have shelled out $50 because I've enjoyed the ski-ing, ski jumping, luge etc on Eurosport

Boring channel. I find it has no redeeming qualities. Hopefully when the European winter finishes they can get move away from all the snow related sports.

Fact is the rights are already held to most major mainstream sports, Eurosport is great because it shows sports that previously had very little coverage in Australia.

no, haven't any interest in it. I seem to recall when I was in Sweden working it was pretty good - maybe it hasn't changed? Just not finding anything at all to watch on it now.

Loving the wintersports.

great addition.

even better in a few months when the world touring cars and formula 2 starts up - both live on eurosport!

I have been loving Eurosport especially the winter sports. Many a night I have fallen asleep watching these sports I havent previously known much about. Cant wait for the cycling to start as well.

I watched the last round of the WTCC live and it was just okay.

I tuned into some of that French Rugby a few days ago and thought it was below par.

I will probably only watch the car racing next season I think.

Love it, btw description of events is a bit vague on occasion. Lack of ads is great also

yes thats the only problem with it

the lack of ads is great

watched some monte carlo rally last night, the IRC has good coverage compared to WRC here. They had live stages which is rare for most rally stuff we see here.

Love it, btw description of events is a bit vague on occasion. Lack of ads is great also

hehe, 'a bit vague'? I'd say non-existent, the program will be 'World Cup' and the description will be 'Germany', doesn't even tell you what the sports is!

watched some monte carlo rally last night, the IRC has good coverage compared to WRC here. They had live stages which is rare for most rally stuff we see here.

Yes I caught that...looks interesting.

Been enjoying the Mote Carlo rally live broadcast, lots of great in car shots and good commentary. Pity it isn't a round of the WRC any more.

Been enjoying the Mote Carlo rally live broadcast, lots of great in car shots and good commentary. Pity it isn't a round of the WRC any more.

I was watching the repeats of this today and at the end they were saying something about covering more events but not South America live because of time zones. I'm just not sure what events they were talking about.

And they covered the WTCC live from Macau so we might get some more of those broadcast I hope.