yorac

Blu Ray Bargains Thread

Not all titles in JB's Buy 2 Get 1 Free are listed on their website. I had seen Die Hard 1-3 and Fast & Furious 1-4 included in-store.

well JB definitely not competing on price anymore. contagion combo is $28 something at Big W at JB its $32 something. JB used to be pretty competitive on new releases...not anymore...

[quote name=:)' timestamp='1330755007' post='1786042]

well JB definitely not competing on price anymore. contagion combo is $28 something at Big W at JB its $32 something. JB used to be pretty competitive on new releases...not anymore...

For a while now Target has been releasing new BD's at $25 while BigW continue to charge $28+ for it, as Target is closer to me than BigW, there's no point in going to BigW unless Target has no stock.

I thought contagion would be nothing to sneeze at,

but I am glad I rented because it left me cold,

very muddled attempt at the genre of "we are all gonna die....aahhhh choooo"

I thought Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman did a much better job

Amazon just shipped my Godfather Boxset with a delivery ETA of April 17 - 6 weeks? Really?

They always overestimate the shipping time.

I bought LIFE OF BRIAN at JB Hi-Fi on Sunday for the ridicularse sum of $7.98. It did not seem like a mistake, and it's not in any sales bin....they had several copies for the same price and that's what price they scanned at.

Since I've never owned this title, it was a good pick-up. Great transfer, too.

I thought contagion would be nothing to sneeze at,

but I am glad I rented because it left me cold,

very muddled attempt at the genre of "we are all gonna die....aahhhh choooo"

I thought Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman did a much better job

The multiple viewpoints probably harmed the storytelling, but overall I enjoyed it....I won't be buying it.

Seeing it in the cinema was fun. Anyone in the audience who coughed or sneezed added a whole new creepy dimension to the experience. 8-P

Bridesmaids and Change-up are certainly $15.98 however they are not part of the B2G1F sale...at least not online.

Might have to venture in if that is the case, however Highlander 2 isn't out out so I'm out of luck on that count...

Edit, looks like it has been released so I will definitely venture in tomorrow. And no comments on how bad a movie it is :)

Edited by kurgan

Bridesmaids is definitely part of the B2G1F in-store. Also, the Green Lantern BD+DVD+Digital Copy combo pack has disappeared from stores and been replaced by a single BD pack. Still part of the sale but less value for money.

Big W's prices on the Disney films make it better for the BOGOF offer.

Lion King $32.83

Fox and the Hound $32.83

Cars 2 $29.83

Pirates 4 $32.83

JB is demanding $29.98 for Cars 2 and $39.98 for the rest.

Big W's prices on the Disney films make it better for the BOGOF offer.

I'm so frustrated, I cannot find the Pocahontas 1/2 Blu in my local Big W, and it's really the only one I want.

I had to visit another Big W and go through the DVD aisles till I found the BDs I was looking for ! Try their online store and see if you have any luck.

I'm so frustrated, I cannot find the Pocahontas 1/2 Blu in my local Big W, and it's really the only one I want.

Bern

I did buy this disc last week at Watergardens BigW 3037. I remember I still saw it there and in Melbourne City. If you cannot find it at your local shop then you may need to buy online. I have just checked the online store before posting. The disc is still available for sale at 29 AUD. It is free delivery in Australia. If you need my help in buying it for you let me know.

Edited by vhd611

Bern

I did buy this disc last week at Watergardens BigW 3037. I remember I still saw it there and in Melbourne City. If you cannot find it at your local shop then you may need to buy online. I have just checked the online store before posting. The disc is still available for sale at 29 AUD. It is free delivery in Australia. If you need my help in buying it for you let me know.

Thanks for that, I looked at it online, I couldn't get the BOGOF offer online though.

That being said, I was at Big W on Wednesday and thought I'd have another look, and I found a single copy floating around. All good now haha.