Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mitchmar

Music Bluray

1,174 posts in this topic

Hi Wheelz, the Eagles arrived today and have given it a quick spin. Great job, pic and sound are a lot better than the DVD that's for sure.

Kudos to you,

and a Big THANK YOU again. Hope my neighbours like it....

Cheers, (must be beer o'clock by now,...shuffles of to beer fridge in search of cold Lowenbrau :yes: )

Many thanks Wheelz, my disc arrived today too. looks and sounds fantastic. You are a legend!

BTW, if anyone wants the sleeve for this let me know and I will scan and send the HD DVD one.

And thanks again Wheelz!

Picked up this today from JB. Will watch tonight after the cricket :)

Update @midnight .....

Wow! Wow! Wow! Just came out from the heaven .....

This is an amazing BR if you are a Carlos Santana fan .... Fantastic picture and more importantly sound (though the sound mix of the first couple of songs doesn't bring out the vibrant guitar sound due to too much balance on drums and percussion)

Amazing drum solo by Carlos' wife Cindy .... and maestro Dennis Cambers ... wish Rob Thomas was there too

Santana anyone?

Santana Greatest Hits Live Montreax 2011

(Preorder released 20-2-2012)

Edited by dhammika

G'day Wheelz,

The Eagles Blu arrived in the old P.O. Box today. Sensational work mate, you're an absolute bloody legend! PQ and audio are top notch - miles better than the DVD!

Makes you wonder why they haven't officially released this concert on BD - "Hell would Freeze over" all over again!

My sincere thanks again, great man!

D.

Picked up this today from JB. Will watch tonight after the cricket :)

Update @midnight .....

Wow! Wow! Wow! Just came out from the heaven .....

This is an amazing BR if you are a Carlos Santana fan .... Fantastic picture and more importantly sound (though the sound mix of the first couple of songs doesn't bring out the vibrant guitar sound due to too much balance on drums and percussion)

Amazing drum solo by Carlos' wife Cindy .... and maestro Dennis Cambers ... wish Rob Thomas was there too

I've been looking forward to getting my hands on this one...certainly sounds as though I won't be disappointed!

D.

Im using the xbox hd dvd,anydvdHD,clownBD and Img burn if i want to burn to disc.

I have noted 1 slight problem and thats is every now and the its like the pic goes into slow motion for a second,it dosent upset the sound or sync tho. It actually looks abit like what happens on the Adele blu tho she is doing it for effects.,but really its no big deal.

Not entirely sure what wheelz is describing here, but I too have this disc. Played it recently and noticed what I think wheelz is describing although it seems to happen during movement on stage (eg Joe Walsh moving across stage quickly seems blurry).

I'm playing this on the XE1 and remembered that I need to change settings in the player for this disc to 1080p (and not 1080p/24Hz). This stops the blurring although not 100% sure that it's the same 'problem' that wheelz is seeing.

Cheers

blairy

G'day Wheelz,

The Eagles Blu arrived in the old P.O. Box today. Sensational work mate, you're an absolute bloody legend! PQ and audio are top notch - miles better than the DVD!

Makes you wonder why they haven't officially released this concert on BD - "Hell would Freeze over" all over again!

My sincere thanks again, great man!

D.

Any bros out there that can do me a big favour a burn a copy of the Eagles for me. Will pay for the blank disc and postage.

Thanks

Any bros out there that can do me a big favour a burn a copy of the Eagles for me. Will pay for the blank disc and postage.

Thanks

pm sent

Thanks

Add me to the list as well please

Cheers

G'day wheelz, my Eagles disc arrived in the post today - thanks very much, I really do appreciate this.

And also a huge thanks for all your help when I was trying to rip my own version of this HD DVD disc. As I mentioned in my last PM the disc was stuffed.

Cheers and thank again

blairy

Just ordered Tim Minchin Live at the Royal Albert Hall after watching a few you tube vids... Can't wait for this one... Would try to source locally at a bricks and mortar but doubtful they'd have it.

Am liking the blu-ray of the Some Girls of the Rolling Stones a lot. Have the Shine a Light and the Ladies and Gentlemen BD's as well, but liking the Some Girls the best.

Also finally got a all region BD player (Oppo-93 modded) so ordered the Gimme Shelter BD finally as its a Criterion release and thus region locked. No problem anymore now :)

I bought "Screamadelica live" by Primal Scream after much deliberation.

Excellent PQ and sound not so sure as i just had a quick look.

Looks like native HD.

Comes with a CD of the show and the classic album show also.

Paul.

Black Country Communion"Live over Europe" BD has been my latest aquisition.

I like it, but it also confirms to me that Glenn Hughes is better heard then seen :P

But I already knew that from Deep Purple's California Jam dvd, and on that he is even better not heard too at times too lol.

Got a small bundle of 15 Music Blu Rays I want to get rid of, they are all in mint or near mint condition. Asking $175 plus shipping. Please PM if interesting.

David Gilmour “ Remember That Night - Live At Royal Albert Hall” 2 Disk Special Addition

The Police “Certifiable” Blu Ray + 2CD

The Rolling Stones “ Shine A Light”

The Rolling Stones “The Biggest Bang"

Stevie Wonder “Live At Last”

Queen “Rock Montreal & Live Aid”

Amy Winehouse “I Told You I Was Trouble – Live In London”

Roy Orbison “Black & White Night”

Elton John 60 “ Live At Madison Square Garden”

Legends Of Jazz With Ramsey Lewis “Showcase”

Deep Purple “ Live At Montreux”

George Michael “Live In London”

Legends “Live at Montreux 1997 “ (Steve Gadd, Joe Sample, Eric Clapton, Marcus Miller, David Sanborn”

Diana Krall “Live In Rio”

Paul McCartney “The Space Within Us”

Edited by Gia

Not entirely sure what wheelz is describing here, but I too have this disc. Played it recently and noticed what I think wheelz is describing although it seems to happen during movement on stage (eg Joe Walsh moving across stage quickly seems blurry).

I'm playing this on the XE1 and remembered that I need to change settings in the player for this disc to 1080p (and not 1080p/24Hz). This stops the blurring although not 100% sure that it's the same 'problem' that wheelz is seeing.

Cheers

blairy

Guys the thing to remember about the Eagles HD and the subsequent iso, etc is recorded as 1080i, so don't play it at 1080p/24 and you won't have this issue

Just a headsup (if anyone is still watching?) they are doing Peter Gabriel's Secret World Live as a Blu Ray, no details yet on specs but it's due to land in July.

I'm no musical theatre buff but the 25th Anniversary BD of Les Mis is a ripper. The staging itself needs to be seen to believe let along the quality of musical contributions. Can't wait for the movie - expected later this year.

Just a headsup (if anyone is still watching?) they are doing Peter Gabriel's Secret World Live as a Blu Ray, no details yet on specs but it's due to land in July.

Sensational news. That is definitely one I must have,