Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
:) al

Currently Spinning...

705 posts in this topic

Don't think what you listen to has anything to do with been an audiophile.

This is more an area were people can post their favourite cd's and also for others to maybe go have a listen to some and see if they are to their taste.

I know at alot of GTG's i hear stuff i realy enjoy, stuff if i aw on the shelves i propably would never purchase.

Thanks for that John, it's nice to feel welcome :)

While i openly admit, i am no audiophile, i really do enjoy my music be it rock, jazz, instrumental.

And i certainly agree, i for one will definately be taking a few pointers on what to look out for or try.

Had it not been for someone on the forum posting a comment on some background music in a link i followed, i'd have never known who Diana krall was.... think i now own all her CDs. Love it !

Had it not been for someone on the forum posting a comment on some background music in a link i followed, i'd have never known who Diana krall was.... think i now own all her CDs. Love it !

Had it not been for surround sounds playing Diana's Live in Paris DVD I wouldn't have found her either. Have to find something else to listen to sometimes... the wife is starting to ask questions :D

Listened to When I Look in Your Eyes (DVD_A) and my favourite, Love Scenes last night. :wub:

i think i may have to invest in some dead can dance also, someone put one on at my place and i did enjoy it.

John,a good place to start is Dead can dance, A passage in time.Catalogue cad1010cd.It's a compilation.The language that she sings in is made up by Lisa herself.They also did the soundtrack for Gladiator(oscar winner).Paul

John,a good place to start is Dead can dance, A passage in time.Catalogue cad1010cd.It's a compilation.The language that she sings in is made up by Lisa herself.They also did the soundtrack for Gladiator(oscar winner).Paul

Baraka was first time I heard them quite eeire, soulfull mind blowing stuff. interesting re the language she sings paul didnt realise she made it up herself.

Thanks Paul

i'll go suss them out later today

Thanks for that John, it's nice to feel welcome :)

While i openly admit, i am no audiophile, i really do enjoy my music be it rock, jazz, instrumental.

And i certainly agree, i for one will definately be taking a few pointers on what to look out for or try.

Gutty, its ok mate, we just like to think we are audiophiles

in actual fact were just poor bums trying to become audiophiles :lol:

:lol:

and we wouldn't be so poor if we didn't try so hard :lol:

and we wouldn't be so poor if we didn't try so hard :lol:

hahaha

I'm also an audio bumb... there is a cardboard box in the corner to keep me warm with a sign "sleep here when the missus finds out what you have spent more money on".... :unsure:

hahaha

I'm also an audio bumb... there is a cardboard box in the corner to keep me warm with a sign "sleep here when the missus finds out what you have spent more money on".... :unsure:

I keep 2 sets of books ;):D

but yes, I could travel around the world a few times with what i've outlaid on Lps/CDs over the years

this is a great thread as it has introduced music that i would never have heard of otherwise..

listening to dead can dance ..into the labyrinth. wow amazing stuff ! all I can say. this one has both lisa gerrad and brendan perry.

listening to dead can dance ..into the labyrinth. wow amazing stuff ! all I can say. this one has both lisa gerrad and brendan perry.

Just pulled this one out now for a listen. Good album. I'd actually brought it the other day as well as wake but we got lost in our retro revival :)

RodN,

the Rodrigo Y Gabriella sounds interesting. I am tracking that album down. :rolleyes:

I got turned onto 'Pink Martini' from this forum a while back and think it is pretty cool. Are you aware they released a new album in May 07?

If not here are some details:

Artist : Pink Martini

Album : Hey Eugene!

Label : Heinz Records

Genre : Alternative

Bitrate : 181 kbps avg

Source : CD (LP)

Playtime : 00:45:15 (62.0MB)

Rls date : 2007-05-11

Store date : 2007-05-14

[Track List]

1. Everywhere 3:10

2. Tempo Perdido 3:42

3. Mar Desconocido 3:13

4. Taya Tan 2:42

5. City Of Night 4:19

6. Ojala 3:02

7. Bukra Wba'do 3:56

8. Cante E Dance 4:28

9. Hey Eugene 3:10

10.Syracuse 3:50

11.Dosvedanya Mio Bombino 4:41

12.Tea For Two 5:02

Pink Martini a 12-piece orchestra from Portland, Oregon,

are impossible to categorise. More like a collection of

bands, on the one hand they do easy-listening,

glamour-obsessed tunes that echo grand Hollywood musical

themes, on the other they tackle an astonishing array of

global styles in different languages. The latest set from

this most un-American of all-American groups is just as

diverse. It includes grand, romantic orchestral ballads,

of course, mixed with a Brazilian samba once recorded by

Carmen Miranda, alongside songs in Japanese, Arabic,

French and Spanish. It is all very clever and very

charming, and suggests that Pink Martini's versatile

singer, China Forbes, is capable of even more. Dosvedanya

Mio Bombino is an epic Russian-Italian ballad, Tea for Two

is a delightful duet with the veteran Jimmy Scott, while

the title track is an edgy, knowing, funk-edged piece that

makes Pink Martini even more difficult to pigeonhole.

mmmmm Saturday at home, listening to music,luxury B)

Cheers, treb

RodN,

the Rodrigo Y Gabriella sounds interesting. I am tracking that album down. :rolleyes:

I got turned onto 'Pink Martini' from this forum a while back and think it is pretty cool. Are you aware they released a new album in May 07?

~

mmmmm Saturday at home, listening to music,luxury B)

Cheers, treb

love weekends for that to treb for the music listenign posibilities ! hehe

yeah love pink martini too, Rod put me onto them a while back. that new album of their sounds really interesting. will defintely be on the look for that thansk for the heads up :)

saw the nw pink martini one at the local JB here, didn't get it though

may pick it up later today or tomorrow

I've been listening to the new Pink Martini disk for a few weeks. Not bad, they have very much tried to reflect their little tomato success IMO which results in some nice lively tracks. Little Tomato is still my favourite though.

I've been listening to the new Pink Martini disk for a few weeks. Not bad, they have very much tried to reflect their little tomato success IMO which results in some nice lively tracks. Little Tomato is still my favourite though.

yes little tomato is sure my fav, but will try look out for this new one if done in the same vein.

Listening to RUSH. the spirit of radio. greatest hits 74-87 album at the moment here. finished an ENIGMA album a minute ago :lol:

REGARDS SNOW

Listening to RUSH. the spirit of radio. greatest hits 74-87 album at the moment here. finished an ENIGMA album a minute ago :lol:

REGARDS SNOW

Enigma has been a fave for me since backpacking in 91 in Thailand - spent a couple of nights on the River Kwai on a houseboat with some israeli chicks who were into it. Haunting it was