Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Durabolin

My Scope Screen Arrived !

38 posts in this topic

2.37:1 here we come. Got it from OZTS. Impressed with the build quality. It is a 100 inch 2.37:1 fixed screen clad in velour and using there Evo3D screen material. I had tested all their screen materials prior to the purchase and the Evolution3D is impressive. Optically neutral, zero texture and around 1.2 gain. Completely smooth with a very slight shine to it. Will post some pics when its mounted :blink:

2.37:1 here we come. Got it from OZTS. Impressed with the build quality. It is a 100 inch 2.37:1 fixed screen clad in velour and using there Evo3D screen material. I had tested all their screen materials prior to the purchase and the Evolution3D is impressive. Optically neutral, zero texture and around 1.2 gain. Completely smooth with a very slight shine to it. Will post some pics when its mounted :blink:

That's great news Durabolin. I look forward to hearing and seeing some pics of your CIH setup :D

I've heard that the Aussiemorphic Lens is as good optically as the Prismasonic, which is 10 times the price. :P:P

That's great news Durabolin. I look forward to hearing and seeing some pics of your CIH setup :blink:

I've heard that the Aussiemorphic Lens is as good optically as the Prismasonic at 10 times the price. :D:P

Great to see Aussiemorphic being distributed now by OZTS

Will they be bringing out a good electric scope screen with the Evo3D fabric is my question?

2.37:1 here we come. Got it from OZTS. Impressed with the build quality. It is a 100 inch 2.37:1 fixed screen clad in velour and using there Evo3D screen material. I had tested all their screen materials prior to the purchase and the Evolution3D is impressive. Optically neutral, zero texture and around 1.2 gain. Completely smooth with a very slight shine to it. Will post some pics when its mounted :D

Nice to hear. They are a great company to deal with. Richard was really helpful even though he probably took a loss on the price I stole mine on ebay for. :blink: How much did they charge you for the custom screen size?

That's great news Durabolin. I look forward to hearing and seeing some pics of your CIH setup :blink:

I've heard that the Aussiemorphic Lens is as good optically as the Prismasonic at 10 times the price. :D:P

Should that not read 1/10th the price? :P

Yes the EVO3D is very nice fabric and reflects very uniform RGB levels

Mark

I tested the evo3d and some of his other fabrics. THe diamond fabric seemed to blend perfectly with my white painted wall (i.e. became lost and I could not locate it during a movie), but the evo 3d was nice and gave a cleaner and brighter image.

If I purchase a fixed screen it would be my material of choice.

I tested the evo3d and some of his other fabrics. THe diamond fabric seemed to blend perfectly with my white painted wall (i.e. became lost and I could not locate it during a movie), but the evo 3d was nice and gave a cleaner and brighter image.

If I purchase a fixed screen it would be my material of choice.

I got several samples and Evo3D was my favourite too...

Mark

I got several samples and Evo3D was my favourite too...

I am not familair with this product - can you give me a link to have a look?

I ordered this morning the scope screen for my own theatre in the new house - but I went with a Stewart greyhawk RS surface as I am only running a small screen 880 X 2068 as the room is small. But with the Runco VX2000 Projector it should be around 30+ ft. lamberts.

Congrats Durabolin!

Loving my Evo3D fabric here in 16x9, its going to be awesome in a 2.37 frame. Which projector are you running?

Congrats Durabolin!

Loving my Evo3D fabric here in 16x9, its going to be awesome in a 2.37 frame. Which projector are you running?

From his post on another thread, it sounds like Durabolin has recently upgraded to a Mitsubishi HC5000 1080p :blink::D

I am not familair with this product - can you give me a link to have a look?

I ordered this morning the scope screen for my own theatre in the new house - but I went with a Stewart greyhawk RS surface as I am only running a small screen 880 X 2068 as the room is small. But with the Runco VX2000 Projector it should be around 30+ ft. lamberts.

There's some basic info about the Evo-3D about 2/3 of the way down this page.

That is one hell of a setup there WORX, certainly not short on brightness with 30+ ft.L :P

A lot people are making mention of the Evo fabric, but I assume this cannot be purchased on its own?

I'd say not. Maybe if you already own an OzTS, that used a different screen material, you could upgrade...

Mark

A lot people are making mention of the Evo fabric, but I assume this cannot be purchased on its own?

I don't see why not. They guy you want to speak to is Richard Ward. He posts on these forums from time so mention that you found about their screens from here and it may help. He has offered to sell me material on it's own but I own one of his screens.

The fabric is a "stretchy" material, not like vinyl so it can very easily be fitted to a home made frame. I'm not sure why you'd want to do this as they are pretty cheap anyway. The frame that comes with the screen is heavy duty aluminium picture frame (we use the same stuff at work to frame 4m x 1.5m aerial photographs). It should be pretty cheap to buy so I don't think you'll save that much over buying a complete screen.

Yeah, hurry up with the pics! I'm starting to lean towards putting the money I was going to buy a nice tv with and going straight to a cih pj + scope screen, which would be about the same price. The screen would have to be drop down (either manual or motorised) though, to accomodate a tv of some description for non-pj watching.

Yeah, hurry up with the pics! I'm starting to lean towards putting the money I was going to buy a nice tv with and going straight to a cih pj + scope screen, which would be about the same price. The screen would have to be drop down (either manual or motorised) though, to accomodate a tv of some description for non-pj watching.

Non-projector watching? What's that? :blink:

The screen is up. I will take a few in-situ pics this weekend. I wont even try to get some screen shots as I still dont have the new projector and I dont even pretend to know how to take good looking live shots. I am happy with the scale of the screen for the wall its positioned on as it seems fairly well balanced aesthetically. I considered going to 110 inch but in hindsight it would have been overkill. When masking for 16:9 material it gives me around an 80 inch screen which is fairly small but since prior to this i was using an 84 inch 1.78:1 screen the reduction in screen size isnt noticeable.

Interestingly enough even with my old AE700 and simply zooming the pic out to fill the screen with 2.35:1 movies it doesnt look bad provided the source material is decent. HD clips at this aspect ratio look good with no noticeable screen door at my 4.5 meter viewing distance. Even good PQ regular DVDs through my HTPC using Theatertek and Ffdshow are acceptable. Mission Impossible III looked pretty good last night.

Obviously with something like an Aussiemorph I could use the inbuilt scaling in Theatertek and get appreciably better results. However I will wait for my 1080P projector purchase and see how this looks with either HD DVD or Blueray sources before considering this route. I expect with such sources and 800 odd lines of vertical information (after deducting the black bars) the pic will be more than acceptable. Perhaps not the theoretical optimal but i am a pragmatist :blink:

I really see a scope screen as future proofing ones investment in a screen. There is no reason why I wouldnt be using this screen in 5 years, possibly more. Masking is a lot easier when one only needs to mask 2 small vertical bars at either end for 1.78:1 sources. Plus i really used to loathe the horizontal black bars on a 1.78:1 screen when playing 2.35:1 material.

Oh one last thing. Velour is a must. This stuff really sucks up any overscan on the frame. It makes it invisible.

All for now,

Ben