Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryanscott

Screen Of Choice

28 posts in this topic

Well that was very long to get to submitt a new topic anyhow

I have had my Sanyo projector for a few years now and love the quality of the picture. I have finally just built a new house with a theatre room and am looking at different brands of screens, I have seen the cheap ones on e-bay and past experience has told me to stay away however I am interested in anyones opinion on this.

The main screen that I am considering is a Rondo LP Mogan electric retractable screen, not cheap but guessing good quality. Anyone no much about this brand or can recomend a alternate brand

thanks in advance

I strongly recommend you buy a fixed screen since you have a dedicated HT room.

A fixed screen guarantees you'll always have a perfectly flat surface especially if you use one of these Screen Science models. They don't use a material stretched on a frame, unlike most fixed screens. A single piece of a solid material (don't know what they use) is covered with reflective coating.

Great PQ without hotspots and 1.2 gain and wide viewing angle.

I have a 90" digital gray version as my room is not 100% light controlled.

Although I haven't seen one (mine's on order), the new tab-tensioned electric Cina-max screen comes highly recommended. I believe new stock will be arriving before Christmas (James can you confirm??), and will be priced at a fraction of what an LP Morgan will cost you.

Like many here I've a Cinemax 100" motorised screen and can't falt it, stays flat and works perfectly. I was the first on this forum to buy one.

It was noted on this forum a few months back some had problems, apparently is was a faulty batch and they were replaced, so good service too. In the past I've had a big name brand but this one is a rippa for the price. I think they sell around the $250/300 mark on eBay and are an absolute bargain IMO. Can see mine under sig.

Guys i have just bought the Sanyo Z5 and looking for a screen. I cant seem to find any reference to the Cinamax screen you guys are talking about, any links, assistance would be appreciated.

cheers

Andrew

Guys i have just bought the Sanyo Z5 and looking for a screen. I cant seem to find any reference to the Cinamax screen you guys are talking about, any links, assistance would be appreciated.
I have not looked to see if this helps directly but I did see this link to a thread on Cinamax screens.
See this thread in projector forum.

2nd UP for Oz Theatre Screens.

Absolutely beautiful picture with the Sanyo Z4

I checked out one of the LP Morgan fixed screens but reckon i got better bang for $ with the Majestic frame and Evolution3D fabric from OzTS.

Huge jump in picture quality over my mates home made screen with 3-pass blockout fabric. Side by side testing we reckon up to 60% increase in overall pq.

Huge jump in picture quality over my mates home made screen with 3-pass blockout fabric. Side by side testing we reckon up to 60% increase in overall pq.

brooksy, I would be really interested in seeing pictures of side by side testing.

I'm using home made 3-pass blockout fabric screen and wandering what I'm missing out on with the real screen :blink:

cheers,

Vad.

brooksy, I would be really interested in seeing pictures of side by side testing.

I'm using home made 3-pass blockout fabric screen and wandering what I'm missing out on with the real screen :blink:

cheers,

Vad.

Ok, i'll see what i can do pic wise over the w'end.

The testing we did was at my mates house with is projector (Pana AE500), not my Z4 and we were using offcuts of my screen material placed straight over his screen. HT room has dark walls, but a white ceiling and the testing has to be done at night, bit too much ambient light coming in during the day.

Ok, i'll see what i can do pic wise over the w'end.

The testing we did was at my mates house with is projector (Pana AE500), not my Z4 and we were using offcuts of my screen material placed straight over his screen. HT room has dark walls, but a white ceiling and the testing has to be done at night, bit too much ambient light coming in during the day.

Thank you :blink: ,

I'm sure other people would be interested too.

Sorry vadimz, no dice this w/end gone. Will try and get it done this week.

no probs, do it when you get a chance :blink:

Just giving this a little bump as i've finally managed to get some pics, sorry for such a long wait vadimz.

Will post them up tonight, but don't expect too much, it was quite difficult to do with just the offcuts of the evo3d fabric.