Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dazbug

Official Hd Dvd Software Thread

670 posts in this topic

Can anyone advise what movies out there have been released with a Dolby TrueHD soundtrack that can be recommended? I'm soon to pick up my XE-1 player and Yammie 1800 and keen to put the new sound format through its paces if there's some decent soundtracks out there (albeit in 5.1 only). In checking EzyDVD's sale catalogue online they had 'The Kingdom' showing up as having a TrueHD soundtrack but when I was in their store earlier tonight the cover of The Kingdom copy they had on the rack (still marked at full price) showed the audio as Dolby Digital Plus! Which am I to believe, because I doubt Id rely on the opinion of the girl behind the counter somehow?

Thanks for anyone's help on this.

Can anyone advise what movies out there have been released with a Dolby TrueHD soundtrack that can be recommended? I'm soon to pick up my XE-1 player and Yammie 1800 and keen to put the new sound format through its paces if there's some decent soundtracks out there (albeit in 5.1 only). In checking EzyDVD's sale catalogue online they had 'The Kingdom' showing up as having a TrueHD soundtrack but when I was in their store earlier tonight the cover of The Kingdom copy they had on the rack (still marked at full price) showed the audio as Dolby Digital Plus! Which am I to believe, because I doubt Id rely on the opinion of the girl behind the counter somehow?

Thanks for anyone's help on this.

V for Vendetta,

Batman Begins

Matrix Triology

I usually look at highdefdigest for soundtrack reviews. (I really like V for Vendetta though )

Dunk

V for Vendetta,

Batman Begins

Matrix Triology

I usually look at highdefdigest for soundtrack reviews. (I really like V for Vendetta though )

Dunk

Thanks for the guidance Dunk, maybe explains why Batman Begins is highly sought after as reference standard HD DVD.

Gaz

I have an xbox HD drive bought locally, will the HD DVD purchased from amazon work since they are US copy?

Does HD DVD have any region locked - found some articles said they do not have any region locked for HD DVD , this only applies to Blu-RAY? Sorry abt this question but I am new here.

I have an xbox HD drive bought locally, will the HD DVD purchased from amazon work since they are US copy?

Does HD DVD have any region locked - found some articles said they do not have any region locked for HD DVD , this only applies to Blu-RAY? Sorry abt this question but I am new here.

HD-DVD = no region-coding

Your US HD-DVD discs will work fine :)

Hello,

I wonder who is interested in doing (or reading/using) HD DVD / BD reviews in our respective blogs?

I notice at least one HD DVD forum person used to list their collection in their blog but it is now empty/erased.

Is this why there are not many active blogs for DTV members?

Per my link signature, I'll attempt a brief review of my collection, not much but a little bit of an impression.

Please comment if you have ideas or tips to improve what I report.

I've just posted my disc collection yesterday and a quickie review of Smokin' Aces. I happened to have an open copy of it so had a quick watch - hence the review being superficial.

Is there a better place, like a review/discussion thread, where this kind of review would be appreciated?

I could post there and just put a copy in the blog link. :)

Thanks for your participation on the HD DVD threads! :D

Hello,

I wonder who is interested in doing (or reading/using) HD DVD / BD reviews in our respective blogs?

I notice at least one HD DVD forum person used to list their collection in their blog but it is now empty/erased.

Is this why there are not many active blogs for DTV members?

Per my link signature, I'll attempt a brief review of my collection, not much but a little bit of an impression.

Please comment if you have ideas or tips to improve what I report.

I've just posted my disc collection yesterday and a quickie review of Smokin' Aces. I happened to have an open copy of it so had a quick watch - hence the review being superficial.

Is there a better place, like a review/discussion thread, where this kind of review would be appreciated?

I could post there and just put a copy in the blog link. :)

Thanks for your participation on the HD DVD threads! :D

i do the odd in-depth HD movie review. I've published three in my downloadable magazine, and 7 more are in the pipeline for my next issue (6 of which are Blu-Rays).

I also post my collection within my blog and i think you'll find a thread for review/synopsis. I don't post mine there yet because it seems to only be for HD-DVD and my reviews tend to be reasonably long.

Im trying to create a reference listing of all HD DVD titles released in the USA, Australia and international releases that dont have an equivalent USA release.

Im calling on everyones assistance to correct, amend and make these lists perfect. Please help out with any definite info you may have.

Here are the lists:

USA

http://www.releaselists.com/HDDVDNorthAmerica.html

International

http://www.releaselists.com/HDDVDInternational.html

Australia

http://www.releaselists.com/HDDVDAustralia.html

BTW in checking with Amazon USA almost all HD DVD titles are restocked and still selling, unfortunately not at the local discounted prices though.