Sign in to follow this  
unomysteez

the 'official' everything XBOX 360 thread

It has VGA, no DVI or HDMI

Hey Obitus,

All the promos for the 360 would seem to indicate that even at the higher $649 package includes component cables only. How did you managed to get VGA from your 360 ??

bingk6

Hey Obitus,

All the promos for the 360 would seem to indicate that even at the higher $649 package includes component cables only. How did you managed to get VGA from your 360 ??

bingk6

you can buy a xbox360-->VGA cable. Either the "real" microsoft version, or a 3rd-party version

here is a LINK

cheers

No matter what frames? Even 2fps?

j/k, although I do a have a question... do you have an ATi or nVidia card?

LoL - even 30/60/90 etc. Always some sort of tearing or non-sync.

Nvidia 6800GT and since dxtweaker not one tear.

I have been talking (on the net) to a game developer who is working on games for the PS3 and he says that it is a bit of a myth that it (PS3) is hard to develop for.

I have been talking (on the net) to a game developer who is working on games for the PS3 and he says that it is a bit of a myth that it (PS3) is hard to develop for.

Even if it were "hard" to develop for...or "harder" than the x360.. its not all that likely that the big game developers are going to say "ah well, its a bit hard - we'll miss out on the millions of potential customers, because its all a bit hard for us to cope" :blink:

Nvidia 6800GT and since dxtweaker not one tear.

I was going to suggest getting dxtweaker, but looks like you beat me to it :blink:

Hi,

I have an xbox 360 with 3rd party "madcatz" component cable. I have plugged it into my Panasonic CRT 300A "apparent" HD television, however I am only able to select 480p... When I select 720p the picture is completly stuffed and when I select 1080i it still crap (although you can see a partial image on the screen).

The TV specs state that it can run 576p and 1080i so why cant I get a picture? I dont have the screen resolution specs with me right now but could it be something to do with this? Anyway, the picture is still pretty good on 480p, but I have been lead to beleive that this isn't "true HD" so I'm feeling a little peeved.

Can anyone tell me whether I need a new TV to get the 720p and 1080i settings?

Hi,

I have an xbox 360 with 3rd party "madcatz" component cable. I have plugged it into my Panasonic CRT 300A "apparent" HD television, however I am only able to select 480p... When I select 720p the picture is completly stuffed and when I select 1080i it still crap (although you can see a partial image on the screen).

The TV specs state that it can run 576p and 1080i so why cant I get a picture? I dont have the screen resolution specs with me right now but could it be something to do with this? Anyway, the picture is still pretty good on 480p, but I have been lead to beleive that this isn't "true HD" so I'm feeling a little peeved.

Can anyone tell me whether I need a new TV to get the 720p and 1080i settings?

I don't believe those pana's support 720p. I'm not sure why 1080i doesn't work but the next best option is if you have avga connector, to buy the 360 vga cable and run at you panels native res.

And while i'm here, have you guys checked out the latest 360 Far Cry: Instincts video's. WOW!

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/791/791949/vids_1.html

Hey Jert I got the same cables as you with my 360. I used it on both an NEC HD plasma and Sony HD CRT and all modes work fine.

The HD output on the 360, even the PAL 360 which is what I got, only runs in 60Hz. So you should check to see if you TV suports 1080i at 60Hz.

Hmm... I'll have a look at the specs when I get home. I have a feeling this might be the problem. Thanks Paranoid.

BTW, how does the 360 look on your NEC plasma? Is it better that the Sony CRT? Im thinking of purchasing a HD plasma if I can't get the 360 running on HD with my current CRT.

Save up for vista, ya recon?

I'm sure Crytek will try to bring all those effects to the 360 version even though the 360 is only dx9.

Assuming 360 is limited because PC is going to have DX10 is silly, MS developed the API on 360 with the future in mind, it has more functionality than the standard DX9 API.

Assuming 360 is limited because PC is going to have DX10 is silly, MS developed the API on 360 with the future in mind, it has more functionality than the standard DX9 API.

Agreed.

Actually, the XBox 360 uses neither DirectX 9 nor DirectX 10, but is pretty much a compilation of both here and there. It doesn't follow either of the specifications... it's in a league of it's own...

Either way, I was mearly comparing Far Cry Instincts and Crysis, with Crysis having the second generation engine, therefore it is better :blink:

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=8263

Hmm... I'll have a look at the specs when I get home. I have a feeling this might be the problem. Thanks Paranoid.

BTW, how does the 360 look on your NEC plasma? Is it better that the Sony CRT? Im thinking of purchasing a HD plasma if I can't get the 360 running on HD with my current CRT.

I prefer the CRT, it's a super fine pitch so it does about 1000 lines or something. Just as clear on both but richer colours and deper blacks on the CRT. Plus it's my TV where as the plasma is my parents. The plasma is bigger though, 50" to 32", thinking of moving the lounge closer to the CRT. :blink:

I prefer the CRT, it's a super fine pitch so it does about 1000 lines or something. Just as clear on both but richer colours and deper blacks on the CRT. Plus it's my TV where as the plasma is my parents. The plasma is bigger though, 50" to 32", thinking of moving the lounge closer to the CRT. :blink:

Just a quick questions - isn't burn in on plasmas a real issue when it comes to the 360. I was thinking of getting a 500A - but may need to get an LCD if that's the case.

Just a quick questions - isn't burn in on plasmas a real issue when it comes to the 360. I was thinking of getting a 500A - but may need to get an LCD if that's the case.

Issues? Not really. As long as you arae aware the potential for something to happen. And it only needs to be handled for the first 200-300 hours on most plasmas.

well I guess the risk exists, yes.

Its not so much an xbox360 issue, but any gaming console or sporting event where static images are left on the screen (such as a ammo metre, or life indicator, or score or station logo for a sporting event).

some people have had a lot of trouble, some people have had no trouble.

I have used my regular xbox quite a bit on my Fuji plasma - no issues as yet, but im careful not to leave any static menu screens or anything for loooonnnnggggg periods of time.

Not sure if you plan to use your panel exclusively for gaming, so consider the other uses that are important to you also.

but if the risk of burn-in on the plasma is going to stress you out a lot (I must admit it always crosses my mind everytime I play xbox, pehaps I am paranoid), then perhaps consider LCD options

cheers :blink:

The HD output on the 360, even the PAL 360 which is what I got, only runs in 60Hz. So you should check to see if you TV suports 1080i at 60Hz.

will aus xbox 360 be the same, cos im sure like jert my panasonic wont support 1080i @ 60hz, if thats the case Im gonna be P@#$&*...