Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
unomysteez

the 'official' everything XBOX 360 thread

1,955 posts in this topic

hey guys.....how about we start up a really good xbox 360 thread right here......what tvs will be best for it,what cabling, surround sound system,all that.I know there must be alot of you on here that are getting a new TV for the xbox 360, what set are you considering?Ill be getting a 42 inch plasma, high def of course, and at the moment tossing up between the panasonic 500a or the samsung 42 inch high def model......also looking at getting some Monster brand cables to hook up my 360 , to get the best, cleanest signal i can. Anyone got any thoughts of my TV choices or where i can purchase the Monster xbox 360 cable?Or anyone got any other questions or ideas about getting the best set up possiable before the xbox 360 launch?

I've got a Sony HR32 which will more than suffice for my 360. CRT is superior :blink:

I wouldn't bother getting the Monster cables, reports I've read say that the difference is negligable between them and the M$ ones that come with the Premium pack, at least not for the price they charge for them.

oh cool, i wasnt sure if the Monster cables would be worth the $100 or not, especially with a nice new high def plasma!!! CRT is king, but i just purchased a studio apartment ill be moving into so space is really tight,need a wall mounted plasma. My budget for the plasma is about 3 grand, and i will be getting it in roughly 5 weeks,just before 360 launch ( hopefully there will be futher price drops in the next 5 weeks! id love to get the panasonic 42 inch 500a for about $3100 , or the samsung 42 Inch PS42S5H at about $2700, anyone heard of a price drop around the corner?theyre dropping so rapidly now that waiting 5 weeks can really make a difference to the wallet).For my surround system i got the logitech z5500 system which im happy with. cant wait to fire up the new ghost recon on my new setup!

It'll be longer than that.

Even though they havent officially announced the dates its usually Japan in Spring, Fall in the US.

It'll be longer than that.

Even though they havent officially announced the dates its usually Japan in Spring, Fall in the US.

Hopefully we don't have to wait as long this time as we did for the PS2.

As far as the best TV for a XBOX 360, so far that would have to be the Acer 37". Its the only one that can do 1080p from HDMI/DVI. 12ms will be fine for games. 16ms doesn't stop the Dell 24" from being awesome, or 14ms for the Dell 30" so 12ms for a 37" should top them both :blink:

In gamer speak: "Acer pwns th0s3 n00b D3ll lamerz"

XBox360 will only do 1080i anyway... the PS3 is the one that can do dual 1080p.

Btw, Component can certainly do 1080p, but only at 1080p24, 1080p25 and probably 1080p30 aswell.

Dual 1080p will be such a waste of time, I'll be surprised if we even see a game running in 1080p in the first year.

Can the latest HDMI revision carry a 1080p/60?

looking forward to Xbox 360, but have seen some 'weird' anomalies with whats in the premium pack ($649 job). eb dont advertise with headdset or remote, kmart advertise it only with remote, the xbox 360 pre release mag (one with myer coupons inside) say it gets both, any one heard what the truth is??

looking forward to Xbox 360, but have seen some 'weird' anomalies with whats in the premium pack ($649 job). eb dont advertise with headdset or remote, kmart advertise it only with remote, the xbox 360 pre release mag (one with myer coupons inside) say it gets both, any one heard what the truth is??

The "Official" Microsoft bundling for the Premium pack in Australia includes the remote but does NOT include the headset - we've been at MS Xbox Australia about this for some time but they will not change their stance. Of course distributors and retailers will also make their own different bundlings which may or may not include various items.

The "Official" Microsoft bundling for the Premium pack in Australia includes the remote but does NOT include the headset - we've been at MS Xbox Australia about this for some time but they will not change their stance. Of course distributors and retailers will also make their own different bundlings which may or may not include various items.

ahh that would be right, rest of the world get it!, do oyu know the cost of xbox 360 gold live subscription???

:ph34r: I didn't know the 360 had DVI or HDMI...?

Actually, Liksang (http://www.liksang.com) have an HDMI cable for the360, although its showing as "temporarily not available" - nor is there a price.

Safe to say it'll be coming tho...

Saw a demo 360 connected to an LG plasma in HN at Garden City (Brissie) a few days ago, and of course it was "off" the console apparently having overheated in the sealed glass-casing they've got it in. Truly brainless. Spoke to the droid, who said that if I wanted to see it in action, I'd just have to wait until it cooled down, then he'd switch it on again. Later, it "was" on, demoing COD2 and looked amazing, even though of course the LG's colour, brightness and contrast were so high as to make me squint.

Gonna look great on my Fuji 50US though....

Actually, Liksang (http://www.liksang.com) have an HDMI cable for the360, although its showing as "temporarily not available" - nor is there a price.

A lot of sites list products that aren't on sale, or won't be on sale... Take Duke Nukem Forever for instance.. A lot of sites just list it as Coming Soon or When It's Done for the past 5(??) years, it doesn't mean the game will be coming out anytime soon, or at all...

I already have a 360 and have it connected to my Fujitsu via VGA cable. It looks outstanding.

Hey Orbitus, what size Fuji?

And next question: Any jaggies visible on any games? The only real thing holding me back.

That and i'm waiting for HN:Greensborough to get component cables for their 360 so i can see it run CoD2 properly and not through composites.

Please post. :blink: This stuffs important, you know. :P