Sign in to follow this  
Fingers

Posting Pic's

Hi Guys,

well I have finally got my act into gear......have borrowed a digital camera......and taken some pic's

I have them at home on my Mac

slowly bringing them to work via disk, so i can post them on the forum.

I am having some difficulty....when i get the photo to work, and put it on my hard drive, it looks really dark.........

I have played with the brightness to get it back to where it should be, but looking at some photo's posted on the forum, a lot of them come up pretty dark.....

If you post a pic, and then look at it, can you then go back and delete it....play with the brightness....and then post it again..........?

any suggestions / tips on posting some pic's.....?

cheers...................Fingers.

Hi Guys,

well I have finally got my act into gear......have borrowed a digital camera......and taken some pic's

I have them at home on my Mac

slowly bringing them to work via disk, so i can post them on the forum.

I am having some difficulty....when i get the photo to work, and put it on my hard drive, it looks really dark.........

I have played with the brightness to get it back to where it should be, but looking at some photo's posted on the forum, a lot of them come up pretty dark.....

If you post a pic, and then look at it, can you then go back and delete it....play with the brightness....and then post it again..........?

any suggestions / tips on posting some pic's.....?

cheers...................Fingers.

as with any post on here you get 24hrs to edit after that you can't edit. so yes you could upload and then if not happy remove it and upload some others - for 24hrs

as with any post on here you get 24hrs to edit after that you can't edit. so yes you could upload and then if not happy remove it and upload some others - for 24hrs

Hi guys, I can get the pix onto the computer, now HOW do I post them??? Simple instructions will suffice

Cheers. Oh, how do you get an Avatar??? :blink::P

Hi guys, I can get the pix onto the computer, now HOW do I post them??? Simple instructions will suffice

Cheers. Oh, how do you get an Avatar??? :blink::P

stick em here like everyone else and then post a link to them there

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showforum=99

for editing the avatar you need to go to 'mycontrols' and hti edit avatar settings

will take me another day or so to get some piccies here at work.....will play around and see what damage i can do...

Thornton, if I can work it out, then anyone can..........I'll see how i go later in the week.

and an Avatar..........yep....I have no idea either..........there must be a way of loading an image of your own somehow.......?

Fingers.

Your avatar must be 64x64 max pixels and no bigger than 20k filesize.

click up the top left umm...right....where it says "my controls" look to the left for "edit avatar" and voila.....you can choose one of DBAs or upload your own from your computer via the browse button.

Your avatar must be 64x64 max pixels and no bigger than 20k filesize.

click up the top left umm...right....where it says "my controls" look to the left for "edit avatar" and voila.....you can choose one of DBAs or upload your own from your computer via the browse button.

Crikey ,that's not very big I'll try again, Thanks

Cheers :blink:

stick em here like everyone else and then post a link to them there

for editing the avatar you need to go to 'mycontrols' and hti edit avatar settings

Thanks Alebonau, I'll take some pix and do a before and after,when I mount the Panny on the wall

Cheers :P

I just posted some piccies....

I played aroiund a bit....hopefully the brighteness is OK, and I tried to reduce the size of the photo, so you can see the majority of it on the screen without having to scroll tooooo much....

not sure what that does to the PQ.......

I just posted some piccies....

I played aroiund a bit....hopefully the brighteness is OK, and I tried to reduce the size of the photo, so you can see the majority of it on the screen without having to scroll tooooo much....

not sure what that does to the PQ.......

GOOD WORK FINGERS!!! :blink:

Crikey ,that's not very big I'll try again, Thanks

Thanks Alebonau, I'll take some pix and do a before and after,when I mount the Panny on the wall

Cheers :D

OK. before I start a new topic POSTING PHOTO'S FOR DUMMIES one last try!!!

I have a pic.on PC could someone post the steps to POST IT , PLEASE!!!

That should be enough steps SURELY!!!

Embassingly yours Thornton Melon

Cheers :P:P:P

OK. before I start a new topic POSTING PHOTO'S FOR DUMMIES one last try!!!

I have a pic.on PC could someone post the steps to POST IT , PLEASE!!!

That should be enough steps SURELY!!!

Embassingly yours Thornton Melon

Cheers :P:blink::P

Thornton

Ok.........I'm no expert, have only just worked it out myself, and possibly I did it the hardest way possible.... :P

Firstly you can only post pics in one particular section of this forum.......here's the link to get there.....

when you're there.....

1. start a new topic....l

2. put in title and description if you like.....

3. scroll down to the bottom of the page

4. where it says file attachments....click on Browse....and brose where ever you have your photo's saved...

5. double click on the photo you want on the forum.

do this over and over again, until you have all of your photo's there....

6. then go back and start the wording to your thread......and when you want to pull a partuicular photo from the ones you just saved accross, then....

7. you then click on "add this attachment" beside the photo's, which will then put your photo's into your "Thread"

8. You can put all your photo's together in a row at the bottom of your thread, or if you prefer, do what I do, and put a touch more effort into putting in a paragraph above / beside each photo to better describe your set up.

then Let everyone back on the Home Theatre Forum know you have done it.............

9. Start another thread, back in the Home Theatre section, and copy and paste a link to your other thread in the "attachment" area of the Forum........(let us know if you need assistance with that)

word of warning..........sometiomes it makes it hard for people to look at your photo's if you don;t first Re-size them, and also check the brightness, as I had to adjust mine as the photo's went all dark and gloomy when I took them from the camera....?

good luck...... I look forward to seeing your set up....... :D

Fingers.

Edited by Fingers

Thornton

Ok.........I'm no expert, have only just worked it out myself, and possibly I did it the hardest way possible.... :P

Firstly you can only post pics in one particular section of this forum.......here's the link to get there.....

when you're there.....

4. where it says file attachments....click on Browse....and brose where ever you have your photo's saved...

6. then go back and start the wording to your thread......and when you want to pull a partuicular photo from the ones you just saved accross, then....

7. you then click on "add this attachment" beside the photo's, which will then put your photo's into your "Thread"

8. You can put all your photo's together in a row at the bottom of your thread, or if you prefer, do what I do, and put a touch more effort into putting in a paragraph above / beside each photo to better describe your set up.

then Let everyone back on the Home Theatre Forum know you have done it.............

9. Start another thread, back in the Home Theatre section, and copy and paste a link to your other thread in the "attachment" area of the Forum........(let us know if you need assistance with that)

word of warning..........sometiomes it makes it hard for people to look at your photo's if you don;t first Re-size them, and also check the brightness, as I had to adjust mine as the photo's went all dark and gloomy when I took them from the camera....?

good luck...... I look forward to seeing your set up....... :P

Fingers.

Thanks Fingers, I'm sure your instructions will help.

Wish me luck

I tried as well but had no luck.......Posting pic's that is...

Whats a step by step procedure on how to do it...

I would like to show my crappy HT off......uumm maybe I shouldn't put pic's on. Now knowing how good some people HT are

I tried as well but had no luck.......Posting pic's that is...

Whats a step by step procedure on how to do it...

I would like to show my crappy HT off......uumm maybe I shouldn't put pic's on. Now knowing how good some people HT are

Try Fingers instructions and see how you go :blink:

Cheers

Thornton

when you're there.....

good luck...... I look forward to seeing your set up....... :P

Fingers.

Thanks Fingers, your instructions did the trick, easy when you know how.

Posted my first pic to-day and the colours and res. was good....NOW, can you show me how to LINK the pic from the main forum post area.

Cheers.

Thornton :blink:

Anyway to host our own pics directly regardless of which forum/thread I'm in? eg. through photobucket.
It's not really that bad. Just put them in the thread suggested above and then link to them directly in your posting in another thread. You don't even have to say where they are the link will do it all for you.

Hi all,

This thread hasn't been active for a while but I have a quick Q if anyone is out there. I would like to add an avatar to my profile and followed Mello Yello's instructions, but I do not have the 'browse' option when I go to the 'edit avatar' screen of My Controls. Do you have to be a member for a certian amount of time before you can do this?

Thanks in advance.