lonewolf

Jvc x30 lamp light flashing

My jvc x30 just stopped working. Standby and warning lights are solid red and the lamp light flashes orange twice at a time. Is it just a lamp replacement or is it something worse. Worried it might be something worse as I don't have my spare jvc hd550 anymore as a replacement :(

Did you hear a pop or did the lamp just go out?  

These are not like DLP where if the lamp explodes it can take out the colour wheel.  

No pop, it just suddenly went dark. I do have to mention I hadn't used it for like 2 years and then started to use it again when I had set up my room and that was only like 2 months ago. Also since I had started using it again I did notice a couple of times while watching it that it would go blank or for a second or so then the picture would come back. Does that sound like the lamp was going? I hope it's just the lamp and not anything else. 

Not sure why you would see a blank or black flash.  Could be a sign, I've never seen that though.  Normally lamps at end of life get yellowish around the edges of the screen.  Most noticeable on full white fields.  

If it didn't pop, then you should be OK to plug-n-play a new lamp.  I'd still change the air filter and give any vents a vacuum to rid any built up dust.

I am thinking the black flashes may have been hdcp or hdmi issues. So may not be connected. 

So I can use a vacuum on the external air vents? Is it safe? 

Bah looks like the bulb from the  hd550 won't fit my x30. I thought they used the same lamp. Where's the best place to buy lamps?

Is it easy to just get the lamp and change it in the housing module? I don't really want to do soldering etc. can you just click it on or something or does it require some wiring and things?

Couldnt decide where to order myprojectorlamps, justprojectorlamps or ozlamps. In the end Ozlamps seemed the cheapest. They all seem to have the option of original lamp in a generic housing which is the option i went with. I noticed that justprojectorlamps seem the only ones that have original lamps and housing straght from JVC? but they are pricey in comparison.

Hopefully ozlamps is reliable and good :). I got too scared of getting just the lamp and using my own housing as the ozlamps guy seemed to think its not recommended unless you are a tech and the warranty they provide if you use your own housing is only 90 days instead of 180 days if i buy the lamp and housing from them.

On 29/07/2017 at 2:02 PM, lonewolf said:

I am thinking the black flashes may have been hdcp or hdmi issues. So may not be connected. 

So I can use a vacuum on the external air vents? Is it safe? 

Just open the suction valve on the hose if your cleaner has that or don't make a seal and let the air just take away any dirt, fluff etc.  If you have one of those clip on brushes, use that.  It will prevent you from making a full seal and it also helps reduce scratching the shiny plastic case.    

the issue is the dust is actually like inside the vented area on another vent or something. Like its an inch or 2 inside from where i can get at it. I can only see it through the vents on the corners of the projector. Hard to explain, I dont think the vents open so i cant reach through the vents and the vacuum isnt strong enough to suck it with a gap of an inch or 2. I could maybe try poking through a small brush if i can get one to fit through the holes but not sure thats safe and that might distribute the dust internally..

Yes the dust tends to build up and pack in tight.  A small brush might be what you need.  However, you will want to have the vacuum cleaner going so it can suck out this dirt rather than let it fall inside somewhere.  

Yeah thats what i was worried about, i will try to take a pic of it. I dont think i will be able to reach it either way sadly.

Suck out what you can.  If you can reduce the built up dirt, then that has to be an improvement on air flow over you had.  

I just replaced the lamp with the new one I bought and no go. Still the same problem. No noise besides the led going from green to the warning lights after 10-15 seconds. Sucks. So now I have to figure out where to take it for repairs 

Nah bought it second hand. Sadly can't afford buying these brand new :(

Its likley the ballast (lamp power supply) has failed.

Hopefully they can get parts quickly :(, I did buy a Epson EH-TW9000W second hand a year or so ago and never used it as i had the JVCs anyway (sadly i gave my older JVC HD550 to my bro so thats no longer available for me to use) but i can use the Epson in the interim period while the JVC is being repaired. Hopefully it works, I never even tried it since buying it second hand...story of my life :(

10 hours ago, Owen said:

Its likley the ballast (lamp power supply) has failed.

Is that a part of the actual lamp housing or in the projector itself?  

I've seen so many people just replace a lamp (only) to a save a few dollars and not replace the entire unit.  

Edited by MarkTecher

I replaced the whole unit, so i think the ballast is separate from the lamp housing, I presume its what the lamp housing power connects to.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bo279
      Item:
      JVC X35 1080p 3D projector - Sold
      3 x 3D glasses - Sold
      Wall/ceiling mount - $100
      110" 16:9 fixed screen with black velvet edge - Sold
      6.1 Accusound OM-650 speakers - Sold

Price: 1800
      Item Condition: Everything in excellent condition and functioning
      Reason for selling: Moving Houses and don't have room in the new place
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Recently put a new lamp in the projector which only has 29 hours on it (these are rated to last 2000 - 3000 hours). The projector has excellent picture quality as seen in the photos, which is running in eco and low lamp mode.

Pictures: 

• By Neilsy
      Hi all, I'm not writing a complaint as such but has anyone else had issues with their JVC X500,  or related, where it doesn't seem to stay in focus? 
      Every time I turn it on I need to refocus it. Even if I save the lens memory and recall it, it doesn't seem to remember the focus, it's slightly off. 
      Even after watching an hour or two of content it seems a little out of focus again. It's only minor but I can tell and am fixing it constantly. 
      My screen is a fixed frame just for reference. 
      If anyone has had the same and found a way to fix please let me know. 
      Thanks 
    • By adamk
      JVC D-ILA DLA-X500 White
      With 4 x unused 3D glasses
      Perfect as new condition
      Customer white powder coated aluminium ceiling mount for flush fit.
      Sold house and moving to home with no theatre room!
      $3700
      Perth - North Metro location

Adam - 0421986657

• By gavstar1
      Item: JVC DLA-X700R (black) projector with 3D emitter and 4 x 3D glasses
      Price: $3750
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Moving o/s; no longer required.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash / Bank transfer. 
      Condition: Excellent
      Hi all, 
      due to an upcoming move, I am selling my JVC DLA-X700R projector, including the 3D emitter and 4 x 3D glasses. The projector has approximately 560 hours on the lamp (in low power). 
      The projector produces an excellent quality picture and handles difficult scenes with ease.
      I was blown away the first time I watched a movie on the projector, as I hadn't realised how bad other projectors I'd owned/seen in the past had looked. Our family has thoroughly enjoyed this projector, but sadly it is now no longer required.
      I have the original boxes.
      Review: http://www.trustedreviews.com/jvc-dla-x700r-review
      Specs: http://support.jvc.com/consumer/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029314&pathId=140&page=2&archive=true

• By gavstar1
      Item: Emotiva XPR-5  (5 channel amplifier)
      Price: $1700
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Moving o/s; no longer required.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash / Bank transfer. 
      Condition: Excellent
      Owners Manual: https://emotiva.com/resources/manuals/xpr5_manual.pdf
      Extra Info:
      400 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms / 600 Watts into 4Ohms (all channels driven);  THD + noise:  < 0.015% Balanced & RCA inputs.  
      Hi all, 

Due to an upcoming move, I have decided to put my Emotiva XPR-5 amplifier up for sale. The amplifier has been stored on a Quadraspire Sunoko-Vent T Bamboo Hi-Fi Rack in a dedicated media room (smoke free environment). The amp has effortlessly powered everything I've hooked up to it, from B&W 600 series speakers, bookshelf speakers, and B&W Diamond series speakers. 

The amp was purchased from Emotiva USA. Given the sheer weight of this beast (42.63kg), and to save my back, pick up is preferable. 

I am happy to arrange a demo for genuine buyers. 

• By Sub25
      Up for sale is my JVC DLA-X55R Projector Full HD 3D Projector, 2 Years old, Original Lamp hours 490hrs. I have reset the lamp hours when it was 101 during a recalibration, and now it clocked 388hrs. Used in a dedicated HT room. Comes with box and all the accessories in the box plus 4 x 3D glasses, which only one is opened for testing, other 3 are still sealed. Havent used 3D at all. No marks or scratches. Pictures can provide upon request.
      1200 Lumens, 50000:1 Contrast, 4K E-shift2
      Price: $3500
      Pickup from 3750 or can ship anywhere in australia at buyers expense, will estimate around $50 for shipping.
      The sharpness on X55 is rated higher than some of the other models in the same class. Check the review below
      http://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/1533429-jvc-x500-vs-x55.html
      http://www.projectorcentral.com/JVC-DLA-X55R.htm
      Picture DLA-X55R Device 0.7-inch Full HD D-ILA (1920 x 1080) x3 e-shift Technology Yes (e-shift 2 Technology) Resolution 3840 x 2160 (2D)[1] Lens Zoom 2X zoom & focus, motorized Focus 21.4 -- 42.8mm F 3.2 -- 4 Lens shift function +/-80% vertical & +/-34% horizontal, motorized Light source lamp NSH 230W Brightness 1,200lm[2] Lamp life Approx. 4000 hours in Low mode Contrast Ratio Native: 50,000:1 Video input signals Digital: 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p 60/50, 1080i 60/50, 1080p 60/50/24; Analog: 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p 60/50, 1080i 60/50 PC input signal Digital VGA/ SVGA/ XGA/ WXGA/ WXGA+/ SXGA/ WSXGA+/ WUXGA Video input terminals (back panel) HDMI 2 (3D/Deep Color/CEC compatible) Component 1 (RCA; Y, PB/CB, PR/CR) Control terminals RS232C 1 (D-sub 9-pin) Trigger 1 (mini jack, DC12V/100mA) Remote 1 (mini jack) LAN (RJ45) 1 Output terminals (back panel) 3D sync 1 (Mini DIN 3-pin) General DLA-X55R Noise level 23dB (when the lamp is in Low mode) Power requirement AC 110-240V, 50/60Hz Power consumption 360W (Standby: 0.4W) Dimensions: W x H x D, mm 455 x 179 x 472 Weight, kg 15.1 3D DLA-X55R 3D format Frame packing:720p 60/50,1080p 24,1080i 60/50; Side by side (half): 720p 60/50, 1080p 60/50/24, 1080i 60/50; Top & bottom: 720p 60/50, 1080p/24
    • By :) al
      Never said anything of the sort , merely asked about runout rrp.
      I see your completely over aggressive post wishing me dead etc was edited out by the mods.
      I was okay to just let it slide ,but you just keep on pushing it.
      Deleted
    • By vadimz
      I'm after a brand new JVC DLA-X500.
      Located in Melbourne.
    • By justifier

As new - with Original Box, Invoice and Extended Warranty until Feb 2018! - (Item is pickup only although you can organise your own courier if you are interstate) - I am in Adelaide (Norwood)
      RRP $8,499
      JVC DLA-X75R 3D+2 Pair Glasses 4K D-ILA Projector THX RRP $8,499 Extended Warranty until February 2018! - as new
      THX Certified / ISF Endorsed / 10 Lens Memory / Native 90,000:1 Contrast / Motorised Zoom, Focus, Shift
      I am upgrading my projector (again) and my loss is your gain. This projector has a recommended retail price of $8,499!!!
      I am selling it as new (only 424 hours on the bulb) in spotless condition with original box and everything for a BARGAIN price of $4,400!!!
      I am also including two (2) pair of 3D Glasses and the wireless 3D transmitter and I have an extended warranty for nearly another 3 years which is fully transferable!
      So with over $500 worth of extras that brings the price of the actual projector to about $3,900!
      I am a very fussy buyer and this projector as no dead pixels and great panel alignment - it is up there with the very very best of home cinema projectors and a similar projector with THX and ISF Certification and a 90,000:1 "Native" contrast ratio can not be had for under $4,500. No annoying dynamic Iris's here (I can see them working) - just amazing deep blacks and amazing whites and pure colour with THX and ISF certification. The projector has also been properly calibrated.
      Here are the specifications from the JVC Website:
      Specifications
      Television
      Picture
      DLA-X75R
      Device
      0.7-inch Full HD D-ILA (1920 x 1080) x3
      e-shift Technology
      Yes (e-shift 2 Technology)
      Resolution
      3840 x 2160 (2D)[1]
      Lens
      Zoom
      2X zoom & focus, motorized
      Focus
      21.4 -- 42.8mm
      F
      3.2 -- 4
      Lens shift function
      +/-80% vertical & +/-34% horizontal, motorized
      Light source lamp
      NSH 230W
      Brightness
      1,200lm[2]
      Lamp life
      Approx. 4000 hours in Low mode
      Contrast Ratio
      Native: 90,000:1
      Video input signals
      Digital: 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p 60/50, 1080i 60/50, 1080p 60/50/24; Analog: 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p 60/50, 1080i 60/50
      PC input signal
      Digital
      VGA/ SVGA/ XGA/ WXGA/ WXGA+/ SXGA/ WSXGA+/ WUXGA
      Analogue
      VGA/ SVGA/ XGA/ WXGA/ WXGA+/ SXGA/ SXGA+/ WSXGA+/ 1920x1080/ Mac 13",16", 19"
      Video input terminals (back panel)
      HDMI
      2 (3D/Deep Color/CEC compatible)
      Component
      1 (RCA; Y, PB/CB, PR/CR)
      Analog RGB
      1 (D-sub 15-pin)
      Control terminals
      RS232C
      1 (D-sub 9-pin)
      Trigger
      1 (mini jack, DC12V/100mA)
      Remote
      1 (mini jack)
      LAN (RJ45)
      Output terminals (back panel)
      3D sync
      1 (Mini DIN 3-pin)
      General
      DLA-X75R
      Noise level
      23dB (when the lamp is in Low mode)
      Power requirement
      AC 110-240V, 50/60Hz
      Power consumption
      360W (Standby: 0.4W)
      Dimensions: W x H x D, mm
      455 x 179 x 472
      Weight, kg
      3D
      DLA-X75R
      3D format
      Frame packing:720p 60/50,1080p 24,1080i 60/50; Side by side (half): 720p 60/50, 1080p 60/50/24, 1080i 60/50; Top & bottom: 720p 60/50, 1080p/24
      How to use footnotes
      Look in the specifications table for a number enclosed in brackets. Then search the footnotes for the same number enclosed in brackets. The footnote with the same number in brackets provides additional information regarding the details in the specification table. The footnote does not apply to any line in the table that does not contain a bracketed number.
      Footnotes:
      [1] 1920 x 1080 (in 3D mode)
      [2] Measurement, measuring conditions, and method of notation comply with ISO 21118.
      PDF resource - JVC pamphlet: http://resources.jvc.com/Resources/00/01/55/15528.PDF
      Here are some links to some reviews of this simply amazing projector:
      10/10 - http://www.trustedreviews.com/jvc-dla-x75-review
      Highly Recommended - http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/jvc-x75-201308143239.htm
      10/10 - https://www.avforums.com/review/jvc-x75-d-ila-projector-review.428
      As you can see this is a truly outstanding projector and I am going to have to spend about three times the price to get something which I consider a little better for my dedicated professional home theatre.....
      So if you want the best you can get for less than $4,500 with two (2) pair of Genuine JVC 3d Glasses (about $195 each), 3D Wireless Emitter (about $140) and an extended warranty until February 2018 and in the Original Box then don't miss out and buy this now.
      So with over $500 worth of extras that brings the price of the actual projector to about $3,900!
      This is a bargain for this high level THX ISF projector!
      A great buy for the perfectionist and serious Home Cinema purchaser!
      Item is pickup only although you can organise your own courier if you are interstate. (I am in Adelaide - Norwood)
      Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
    • By Dionysi73
      Hi all,
      For sale is a JVC HD950 1080P Projector. Great condition, works perfect. Purchased since new however it's approaching 3000 hours and require its first bulb replacement soon. Was part of my home theatre system which I've recently sold (all with the exception of this amazing projector and an Audio processor).
      Asking price: $1200 firm
      Pick up preferred as I don't have the original packaging.
      Clarinda area (3169), Melbourne.
      Please PM me if you're interested or have any questions.
      Dion