SUPCIN

Hello

9 posts in this topic

Just wanted to introduce myself!

I'm Marc an electrician and AV installer based in SE Melbourne my business is Superb Cinema & Electrical. Thought I'd join to see how many other AV fanatics are out there. My home system isn't a huge deal but is comprised of Yamaha 777 fronts, 444 centre, 8" yamaha in ceiling's, Yamaha RX-V2073 and a SVS SB16 Ultra (perks of being a installer/supplier) the area is more of a living area so I haven't bothered really upgrading my speakers the past few years.  

3 people like this

Welcome Marc...

There are quite a few of us "fanatics"!  :D Hope to see you get the itch to upgrade and start posting :P

2 people like this

Hi Marc,

i believe you bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the forum, welcome and congrats on your business

i notice your very positive reviews and believe you did Russell Crow's installation ( a magpies supporter no doubt) lol

im the local comedian, i install comedy :)

1 person likes this

Howdy Marc welcome aboard, in here you'll find people with minimalist systems right up to those we could only dream about, that spread means there are many opinions and ideas on how and what to do to drive your dollar further. Being a Sparky you'll know only too well what we mean I suspect, good luck to you and your business.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, SUPCIN said:

Yamaha 777 fronts

Hi Supcin, how do you find the Yamaha speakers?

JSmith :ninja:

2 hours ago, jsmith said:

Hi Supcin, how do you find the Yamaha speakers?

JSmith :ninja:

Hey mate, In all honesty I didn't really play around much the speakers for the first year or so I've had them. It's only been the past month since installing a subwoofer (then selling it to buy another) that I've really taken notice in them while playing around with different frequency ranges etc. The 777 are great entry level speakers I did a small amount of research on them before i found a pair pretty cheap on gumtree then I jumped in head first. I'll probably move them on soon in favor of the SVS Primes and an Ultra Centre though.

Edited by SUPCIN

@SUPCIN

how did you find the forum, out of curiosity, was it recommended by any particular member here, an email ?

just curious

11 minutes ago, mello yello said:

@SUPCIN

how did you find the forum, out of curiosity, was it recommended by any particular member here, an email ?

just curious

I'd actually never heard of this forum until this morning. Occasionally if I'd google a product review whirlpool.net.au/  would pop up. So i joined that last night just to see what other forum discussions they had. A post of their referred someone to dtvforum so I thought I'd take a look.
Yes I do have an AV business and yes I do sell all types of AV gear. Not hear to shove my business down everyones throat though just share what I've learnt or help members with installation tips. I'm by no means any expert on all things AV that's for sure

1 person likes this

i was actually more interested in your installation/TV/reception/antenna/hardware side of your business as there are quite a few knowledgeable people and hobbyists and professionals still left over and posting from the old DBA.org, digital television era and knew you would fit right and enjoy the banter, and even help some newbs along the way

the sales side of things i have no interest in myself, im sorted for HT and a TV LoL

check with @Marc (forum admin) as to how far you can go with actually selling stuff in quantity, we have some really great Commercial Member plans available for a limited time only ;-)

again, welcome :)

Edited by mello yello