Blackman

Lg 86SJ957T Has Big Issues so do you Buy it and go through the rubbish I had to go through?

20 hours ago, Vudoo82 said:

Lol I sure hope so. I still looking at those pictures you have posted and still can't believe the end result is just amazing is like a different tv. Was it hard to do? I mean for a non handyman.

Well put it this. If you have to get people to install your TV you better not even think about what to do if you TV has leds Bleeding.  Because I have been playing with electronics from the days that we have black and white TV's till today and my background is all Electrical. Put it this way if anyone uses the method you might fix the LED's bleed but you will introduce another monster and that is FLASHLIGHTING!!! You don't want Flashlighting.

You would think that LG tech to know the way out of this issue BUT you must remember most repairers are not LG employers and may be LG doesn't want to tell any tech this (kept the the Engineering level only). But this make no sense as if you have a Light Bleed issue you have to replace with a new panel and that cost possible half the cost of the TV but if you do it the other way it cost nothing and its fixed in 20 to 30 seconds.

Talk about LED's bleeding. Our 65 inch 4K Hisense bleeds like a person taking blood thinner (aspirin Plus warfarin) but yet you cannot see them whilst watching a 1080 or upscaled 1080p to 4K movie. Must be difference between VA and IPS.

Edited by Blackman

Ofcourse I won't do it myself I would hire someone to do it. I just hope to one I will get won't have any backlight bleeding but if it does please give me a tutorial so I can get someone to fix it. I hate backlight bleeding. I bought a sony to replace my sharp cause of that issue. I have good luck with Sony tv in the past. Besides black level could be a tad bit deeper bit no back light bleeding at all.

7 hours ago, Vudoo82 said:

Ofcourse I won't do it myself I would hire someone to do it. I just hope to one I will get won't have any backlight bleeding but if it does please give me a tutorial so I can get someone to fix it. I hate backlight bleeding. I bought a sony to replace my sharp cause of that issue. I have good luck with Sony tv in the past. Besides black level could be a tad bit deeper bit no back light bleeding at all.

Haaa If you give this to a repairer he will say what Crackpot gave you this rubbish and wont use it because he wont be prepared to damage your TV.

You will be right you cannot be unlucky like us

Just a report on the 86 inch LG. The LG is going GOOD and getting better by the day and once again I warn people that are thinking  about buying this TV as to installing either on the wall or on a cabinet to adhere to my height of this tv. If you cannot do this because of Kids damaging the tv or other don't buy it as you will be disappointed with the problems of GREY letterbox Bars.

I'm glad to here that Blackman. I aready tell my  installer to get the LG 86js9570 in 2 months. U less something else comes out between now and then. He can get it for 5800 so is not to bad. 

Btw do you believe in passive biamping using a 5ch parasound amp to bi-amp the front left and right channel.? Just got a used parasound 5250 and will run that with denon x4300h or x6300h. 

4 hours ago, Vudoo82 said:

I'm glad to here that Blackman. I aready tell my  installer to get the LG 86js9570 in 2 months. U less something else comes out between now and then. He can get it for 5800 so is not to bad. 

Its a damm shame that Sony did not bring out a 85 inch this year.

Yes you guys in the US get everything Cheap but our wages are slightly higher than most in the US except for LAWYERS.

4 hours ago, Vudoo82 said:

Btw do you believe in passive biamping using a 5ch parasound amp to bi-amp the front left and right channel.? Just got a used parasound 5250 and will run that with denon x4300h or x6300h. 

Sorry I cannot answer for that question.I'm still using our Yamaha RX A3050 With separat Amps for the Fronts + Subs + the Shaker Amps

On 8/4/2017 at 9:46 AM, Vudoo82 said:

You have to be unlucky as I have spoken to 7 people that have the 2017 series LCD's and none of them have the light bleed issue.

Late yesterday I went to my wife friend house that has just purchased the LG 75SJ955T only because they returned the 75 Inch Samsung due to her complaining that this great colorful tv cannot be seen at 90 degrees after they were CONNED by a Sales man (possibility a Samsung Representative at the shop) . Yes they were told there and then that this 75 inch Samsung is better than the 75 inch LG whilst viewing at 90 Degrees's.

I told HER as I know her lounge room with Two lounges that anyone sitting on the side lounge that is 90 Degrees from "A" Tv they will have difficulty seeing "A"picture. I also told her and her useless husband the reason why and yet they believed the Salesman or the Samsung Rep. I hate People that believe the well dress young and do not believe me all because I'm old and had a Heart attack followed by a Stroke.

I told both of them "You have seen our Main TV room, The Satellite Computer Room, The Satellite Farm, Santa Clause did not build it, I built it completely so even with being old and worn our I must still have Some intelligence up there.

I measure their Lounge's height  (one is 25mm higher than the other) and I told them the EXACT HEIGHT OF THE TV to be fitted to the Wall. No i'm not fitting the TV on the wall (better still changing the height) all because you bough the Samsung whilst I told you the Samsung will be no good at 90 Deg angle because its a VA Paneled TV and I explained BEFORE BUYING IT!! the difference between VA and IPS.

I'm sick and tired with my limited speaking ability due to my stroke that people make me talk for nothing! They were conned to buy it  and whist the Samsung is a good TV whilst viewing DEAD ON in the front The Samsung losing the quality of the picture if viewed more that 20% of angle is a problem. The Funny thing is they had the Samsung TV installed on the wall (too high for the LG Tv now) and whilst viewing at 90 Deg Angle they lost the Picture and this is the reason why I was invited to their House (they had to lower themselves to invite me to fix the issue that cannot be fixed). They wanted for me to correct this by changing some numbers LOL,LOL,LOL. Maybe they thought that by me Changing the Brighness and Contrast they will change the VA to an IPS TV. LOL.LOL.LOLL F F Sake.

I was Angry and I'm still Angry as why did they not believe me as they were  showed our 86 inch LG whilst viewing at 90 Deg. Even at 90 deg The LG is reasonably Good of Viewing a Full screen.

Any how I bet they dont have someone lower their Bracket to suit the LG and If not they will have GLOWING TOP LETTERBOX BARS because even the Samsung It was to High and now for the LG it will be way to high.

Also the Cable inputs are on the Wrong side so they better buy the correct Cables and the Correct ones that can do 18 GB per sec.

Otherwise this 75 inch LG has no backlighting Bleed issue (good), and the letterbox bars do not glow excessively like our first LG did.

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, Blackman said:

.I was Angry and I'm still Angry as why did they not believe me as they were  showed our 86 inch LG whilst viewing at 90 Deg. Even at 90 deg The LG is reasonably Good of Viewing a Full screen.

Any how I bet they dont have someone lower their Bracket to suit the LG and If not they will have GLOWING TOP LETTERBOX BARS because even the Samsung It was to High and now for the LG it will be way to high.

Also the Cable inputs are on the Wrong side so they better buy the correct Cables and the Correct ones that can do 18 GB per sec.

Hey Blackman you should have said ; " you didn't trust my advice ; now you trust me to install it ?? Ime sorry you've destroyed my confidence ; best get a professional like that Samsung schill to do it  :)''

Oh I can certainly see troubles with some nice long hdmi cables for them ..

Hopefully  others will listen about the pitfalls of VA/IPS panel types and glad you got a better 2nd one ;)

On 8/15/2017 at 4:15 PM, cwt said:

Hey Blackman you should have said ; " you didn't trust my advice ; now you trust me to install it ?? Ime sorry you've destroyed my confidence ; best get a professional like that Samsung schill to do it  :)''

Hopefully  others will listen about the pitfalls of VA/IPS panel types and glad you got a better 2nd one ;)

The wife just  got off the Phone  and her friend Got the 75 inch  LG  Professional installed by a Professional Young TV Antenna installer and he said  there NO NEED TO HAVE THE TV THAT LOW???????.  Soooo He put it up where the Samsung was and that's to high.

LOL.LOL.LOL.LOL I wonder how long before they complain at night that the Top Letterbox bars are Glowing at them because the Samsung has ziltch on this (Good Black bars but had poor look angle) but leaked leds like a sieve.

The Second LG 86 is going Good. Does not have excessive Glowing letterbox Bars like the first one had and i'm happy the game of cards Lol.LOL fixed the Bleeding issue. Still Ok today from letterboxes 576i to 2160p with HDR

Edited by Blackman

On 8/15/2017 at 4:15 PM, cwt said:

They haven't listen to me for anything. These types of People mow their lawn and do their gardens with expensive suits on. They look down on people like me. If you do not dress well you must know nothing.

On the Week end the wife is going over there at night for one of there woman's hens night. I will take the Billy Lynn 4k movie with me. Think they have a Panna but not the UB900. Hope it spits the playing data out like the Oppo and UB900 does.

Actually I told them to buy the cable from EZY HD Cables but because the LG's inputs are the other side of the Samsung they would have needed at least one new longer HDMI cable Hope its good because Billy Lynn will not run a 60 FPS

Well I watched John Wick 2 last night on my wife friend TV the LG 75 SJ955T and all i can say the TOP BARS WERE GLOWING AT ME. Not as bad as our First 86 but still GLOWING. This Tv is 75 inch and I would expect the 86 inch to be worse in uniformly issues more than a 75 inch.

Once I told her and her Husband about this they we like a dog and Flees and was attracted to this more them the Movie itself. I told them again for the 5th time THE TV IS TOO HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!! But they said to me "You are not an installers of Tv's The guy we got Installs them all the Time....... You have a step ladder, Yes............. You have ONE................. PLEASE GET IT HERE,.............. He got it......... PUT IT HERE JUST IN FRONT OF THE LOUNGE.......I Re run Jonn Wick 2 to the part that the Top Bars had IPS Glow badly and paused it.......... I said Get on the Ladder, More, More, Stop there..... Now look at the screen and make your head go UP and DOWN and he Said ITS GONE!! . His wife said, I can still see it? where her husband said, ITS NOT THERE?? The wife said NOW NOW NOW the his wife said NOW NOW but the Husband said It not there but the wife said you must be biind if you cannot see it. See Again the Old BAT was sitting on the Lounge and her husband wan on the ladder look at the TV in the sweet spot.

I let it at that before I got into a argument with them.

I am going on 67 years old, I have a Hunch back and look like the Hunch Back of Notre Dome, I speak Badly, (because of the Stroke), I can't write or type without spell checker so since this is the case more people think that I'm just a peasant that never had a education and they think i'm easy to out fool.

Anyhow I had our LG the 86 one at home ON on Friday from 7 AM around  to11PM at night and that a lot of Hours ON with the Air con on heating the House or the TV room to 28 Degrees in the Lounge Room (Testing Testing Testing) watching Satellite Feeds and Sports and anything (some times I was not there) to take the TV for a Long Test run at slightly hotter than the Tv was normally in Winter So what happened. The LED was Bleeding again on the Bottom Right side and even was bleeding on the BOTTOM Left side occasionally. Humm . My tested Proved an Issue.

The issue is HEAT RELATED.  Running it for 2 to 2 and a half hour its not long enough for average Movie.

by the way I forgot to take the Billy Lynn Movie with me to rest there crappy Cable they got.

Interesting I will rig LG Again

Edited by Blackman