Blackman

Lg 86SJ957T Has Big Issues so do you Buy it and go through the rubbish I had to go through?

Well we have had this LG 86SJ957T for just 2 months and from the day I started it and connected to our Panasonic DMP UB 900 and later on our Oppo UDP 203. I've noticed mainly running 4K HDR movies that have letterbox bars top and bottom, either I have noticed that the black bars glow grey to a point where they nearly go white so this I would say is not normal. Firstly the TV was slightly too high because the top bars were glowing and after lowering it twice (FFS) it was getting better as long as you watched it in front but heaven forbid when you sat on my wifes chair on the left hand side of the lounge or the right hand side lounge chair as at that 32 degree angle the furthest top or bottom bars would glow at you.

Now you pay $14600 for this TV and they give you this. Now on the other side there have been reports in the US of transport destroying all manufacturers of TV's by mishandling the TV. One is reported on this site, it is this years 2017 Samsung model. When this TV is mistreated it damages the light guide plate and once this happens you lose the brightness of the TV. Well god knows how our TV was treated because they only have one single gentleman on the truck and one single gentleman cannot handle such a large TV with an even larger box so lets see what happens. Please read below in the future and the below paragraph is what i wrote on this site on another thread. "LG86SJ857T for the Black Family"

Well LG in Sydney (I say in Sydney as there is where their Engineers hide) just made a decision that our LG 86SJ957T screen is Stuffed and should not give the issue like what I have reported for the last two months that we have had the TV on every TV forum that I go to .

No the question is Do you hassle for a NEW TV with the same issue when the TV has been banged around on transport or do you just settle for "A" NEW Screen fitted at our Home with me breathing down their necks making sure the work is done correctly and not in a Hurry.

Now what I would like to know is did this Expensive Tv (Expensive in Australia Only as the US you can get them under 7000 US Dollars) slip the Quality Control or was it damaged in Transport Like what has Happen to this Years Samsung Q7F having the Light Guide Plate being dislodged?

40 minutes ago, Blackman said:

NEW TV

Demand a replacement mate and continue to do so until you get a TV that is fit for purpose.

JSmith :ninja:

• Like 2

i went over blackman's place last night and i have to say its a great TV except when you watch a movie.

we watched for 15 minutes deep water horizon and like he said when you sit on the side chairs the bars on the top or even the the bottom light up here and then.

so much money for this issue. i cannot believe lg let this out of there factory like this. it has to be damaged on transport.

black said to me possibly this tv comes from sydney and has to endure the 1000k on the road also he show me the video he has on his security system to show the delivery of the tv as the guy delivering it put the

tv at a big angle where they should not have. if this is the case that the person delivering it damage it the company delivering it should pay and pay you compensation for all your heart ache.

Yep you did, but you got to see the TV at it worse. I have to Admit the Photos are worse than the TV is but in generally its the same.

Tell my would you have a TV that Picture in 4K HDR Movies (not to bad in SD or HD) is like this. If the New Tv Fixes this Well LG Needs to get to the Bottom of this as to what in the Hell happened to this TV as It could be damaged in Transport.

In Front it not to Bad but at Angle it Pathetic

13141516.jpg

This shot was in from on a Bright scene on the RHSide

1234.jpg

Edited by Blackman

The right hand side Chair. Look at the top left bar as its Very Grey and under this (200MM)  the Picture is washed out

9101112.jpg

The Left hand side chair where the wife sits. Look again The same as above.

5678.jpg

Edited by Blackman

Very disappointing after having spent all that money. Hope whichever way you go, LG leave you with a perfect TV.

Very impressive remote collection!

• Like 1

That'd be very annoying. Hopefully they fix it. Still wouldn't touch an LG personally!

My god, how many remotes do you have there?

14 hours ago, snafuoz said:

Very disappointing after having spent all that money. Hope whichever way you go, LG leave you with a perfect TV.

Very impressive remote collection!

Trouble is No one else makes anything at 85-6 inch size anymore. If Sony made a 85 inch this year with Dolby Vision I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT or got rid of the LG and ans the shop I WANT THE SONY AND I DONT CARE IF IT $2000 more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Wife is more annoyed with this more than the Angle washed out picture on a angle from the Hecto.

Edited by Blackman

10 hours ago, digitalhome said:

My god, how many remotes do you have there?

About 22 and I have a Harmony Touch remote Too. Yes I'm extreme in our Hobby. You can see before I took the photo's that all the 24 inch monitors were turned off via the Harmony Remote.

The problem with this $14,500 TV is even if you get a good one, This TV should have had FALD not Edge LIT.  Even a Good tv a choice of 10 in a LINE where you pick the best one and not like ours I think it will still sufferer partly with this Issue but if the TV had FALD (FULL ARRAY LOCAL DIMMING) the problem would have no doubt been minimize.

Why No FALD, they possibly would say $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and yet this TV is $14500 in Australia (Under $7000 in the US, even if you convert Aust to US Dollars they still is ripping us OFF) but I expect that this TV only cost less than $500 US to produce so sticking another $100 on top would make this tv $18,000 in rip off Australia.

The Problem with This TV is I HAVE NO one else to compare with (look at ours TV and we look at Yours) . Even the Two LG repair man did not answer the question I asked so how in the Fu.k do I know how bad these IPS T are. I said Surely all 86 LG's are like this?

I will have Photos later on about this Issue so I can compare the LG from the US compared to ours

Edited by Blackman

Now I have a Comparison between Our LG 86SJ957T and the Gentleman on the AVS forum with a LG 75SJ8570. Please note Both have IPS Panel, Both have Local dimming

The Photo Below is from The guy in the US with a LG 75SJ9570. Look at the Top left and Bottom as you will see a typical IPS Issue and I say this TV is not as bad as ours. Like the Gentleman said I don't look at the TV at this Angle.This Photo is reasonably Bright although its going early evening

AVS%20LG%2075SJ8570.jpg

The Photo below is from Our LG 86SJ957T and if you look at this the TV look good until you get the wrong Frame and it Pisses the TV off.

DSC02167.jpg

Next Post for the other Photo's

Edited by Blackman

The Photo below is Still bright but the TV is getting Cranky. Look at the Grey Helicopter

DSC02169.jpg

The Photo Below is still bright but the TV is Showing Bleeding of the Back Light.

DSC02170.jpg

Edited by Blackman

The Photo Below Show you the Bleeding of Light on this Expensive TV. Now If the Photo was darker most of the time it would be unbearable. Now this Photo is the Darkest of my 4 out of 5 Photos and the Photo was taken going inside Deepwater Horizon Cabins as you can see the Fluorescent Light on as what the guy in the US supplied with his Photo as it had a Street Light on but his TV did not have such a BLEED IN of extra Light.

.DSC02173.jpg

Edited by Blackman

Is this just a defective unit or do y'all think most if not all of the LG 86" us and Aust. Will be like this?

I want a tv with dolby vision and aiming for a 85" and the problem is LG 86" is the only tv this year with that size with dolby vision. 

3 hours ago, Vudoo82 said:

Is this just a defective unit or do y'all think most if not all of the LG 86" us and Aust. Will be like this?

Hard to say mate... we've only heard about Blackman's here. I've checked one out instore, however the issues described are from a dark home setting and not a bright store.

I think Blackman has got a particularly bad one... so much so it seems faulty.

I don't think I'd want to put down that kind of coin on one after Blackman's experience.

3 hours ago, Vudoo82 said:

This is what I'm trying to find out. See No Shop has this TV in Viewing and if they had ALL shops have there LIGHTS ON and they are so bright that you need sunglasses.

I have 3 people refusing to buy LG because of this issue and one of them want to buy 2 x 75 Inch model one for their family and one for his sisters family but they will not buy until they see how the outcome of our tv unfolds.

32 minutes ago, jsmith said:

Hard to say mate... we've only heard about Blackman's here. I've checked one out instore, however the issues described are from a dark home setting and not a bright store.

I think Blackman has got a particularly bad one... so much so it seems faulty.

I don't think I'd want to put down that kind of coin on one after Blackman's experience.

Yes Correct. did you say ONE at a Shop? Was it 86 this year model? and yes Go to JB's and see how bright it is inside the shop. Its that bright that you can turn the Back Light off and still see the Picture.

You need to view this TV at night and I will be generous even have some light coming from other rooms. You do not need a Dark room to see our issue. Actually it that bad you can close you eyes and still see it.