paradigm8.jpg.1c2d629251246c4d84dd9cc718ed5d0b.jpgparadigm14.jpg.c45c7c670390e98d569ea88ed0978e2c.jpgItem: Paradigm Signature s8 Speakers
Price: $7,800 (RRP $15,595)
Item Condition:Excellent
Reason for selling: too much bass energy for my small listening room
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:
Bought new in Jan 2016,  they are still covered by a further 3.5 year of the manufacturer's 5 year warranty 

These speakers are exceptional and sound as good as they look! Designed, engineered and crafted in Canada they have superb build quality and exquisite styling. Their feminine curves are balanced by the rugged ISO shock mounting that couples the super-Neodynium mid range drivers and 4 mineral filled polypropylene bass drivers. Finished in a top quality piano black mirror gloss, they exude class (and make taking photos really tricky to avoid selfie reflections!).

They reveal immense clarity and detail across a wide sound stage with a sense of space and ease. At 92dB sensitivity they work effortlessly.  I found the bass dynamic, crisp and punchy but sadly it delivered too much energy for my small 4mx4m room to handle.  I’ve switched to Magnepans to give me the resolution and separation that I demand in vocals and instruments. Having compared them side by side for several weeks, I have to say the S8s performed equally well as the Maggies in the mid-range and treble. The beryllium tweeters are extraordinary in their ability to convey space, body and delineation no matter how fast the pace of music.

Up to until 6 months ago, the S8s were Paradigms top of the range reference speaker- this honour now goes to the Persona series that reach $50,000.  

They were rated in the top 25 speakers of all time by http://audiophilereview.com/audiophile/the-25-ultimate-audiophile-speakers-of-all-time.html “When it comes to audiophile grade floorstanding loudspeakers, names like Revel, Wilson Audio and Bowers & Wilkins are often dropped – but at one third the price, the Paradigm Reference Signature S8s hang right in there with the 800s and WATT Puppies of the world.”

There is no shortage of outstanding reviews for the S8 (and their slightly smaller brother, the s6):

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/paradigm_signature_s8_v3.htm  They sound leaner and slightly quicker off the mark throughout their range than the [Wilson] Sashas, and when it comes to conveying space and apparent detail, the Paradigm speakers are more demonstrative, especially in the treble, which is finely variegated and delicately balanced. I've yet to hear a sub-$10,000 speaker that's better than the S8 v3, and I've heard many, many that are far more expensive and not nearly as accomplished in both general and specific ways.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/paradigm/3.html wonderfully transparent and easily one of the least colored most revealing speakers I have tried.. Instruments sounded natural and correct. I heard an enormous amount of inner musical detail that was startling in its clarity, immediacy, transient snap and fluidity. Bass notes came and went with little sense of bloat or overhang. Drums were full, real and visceral. The leading edge and sheer punch of kick drum were invigorating.”

http://hometheaterreview.com/paradigm-reference-signature-s8-v3-loudspeakers-reviewed/ “You could talk about the S8 versus other loudspeakers in the $4,000 to $10,000 price range but the Paradigms simply wipe the floor with nearly every player in that part of the market on most levels...the Paradigm Signature S8 is possibly the best value in high-end loudspeakers period.”

http://www.avrev.com/home-theater-loudspeakers/speaker-systems/paradigm-reference-signature-series-review-2.html Their effortless sound created an extraordinary sense of space like very few dynamic speakers I’ve heard at any price.  In many ways, their sound reminded me of the Revel Salon speakers, but for less than half the cost.”

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/speaker-subwoofer-reviews/45307-paradigm-reference-signature-series-5-1-s6-c3-adp-sub-1-review.html

"Are they an expensive example of boutique quality gear? Absolutely! However, the S6 v.3's are the finest sounding speakers I have ever heard priced below 10,000/pair’.

The list goes on:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/hi-fi-and-av-speakers/paradigm-reference-signature-7-1-surround-system-631158/review

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/paradigm-reference-signature-s8-speaker-system

http://www.soundstagexperience.com/index.php/component/content/article?id=112:paradi

http://www.soundstagex.com/index.php/equipment-menu/87-paradigm-reference-signature-s6-v3-c3-v3-apd3-v3-sub-1-home-theater-speaker-system

Features:

P-Be™ Pure-Beryllium Tweeter Domes. Pure beryllium was chosen for its exceptional thermal, physical and mechanical properties: lighter than diamond or aluminum with unmatched rigidity. Response is instantaneous and extraordinarily uniform. Elevating the dome promoted optimal off-axis dispersion.

ARB™ Aperiodic Resonance Breakup Fins. Die-cast aluminum fins in rear damping chamber capture and quickly disperse residual internal resonances, rendering them inert.

Co-PAL™ Cobalt-Infused Anodized Pure-Aluminum Midrange Cones. Combine high stiffness-to-mass with superior internal damping for an even greater degree of accuracy. The result is smooth, uncolored frequency response.

Dual ATC™ Asymmetrical Tapered Channels. Precision die-cast aluminum chamber with tapered dual interior channels provide optimal volume. The asymmetrical design dissipates the back wave while the center of the chamber is direct-coupled to the huge magnet structure, providing an efficient thermal escape path for heat generated by the voice coil. Strategically positioned cooling fins on the rear of the chamber transfer heat away from the motor.

Injection-Molded Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Bass Cones. The mineral content, now 30%, and the injection-molding process have resulted in a far more rigid cone. The improvements reveal a dramatic increase in repeatability as well as consistency of performance

Pictures:

paradigm5.jpg

paradigm1.jpg

paradigm3.jpg

paradigm11.jpg

paradigm7.jpg

paradigm15.jpg

paradigm17.jpg

paradigm10.jpg

paradigm4.jpg

paradigm16.jpg

paradigm13.jpg

• Like 1

A bargain for someone who appreciates good sound. 

@Mr CI agree, its great value for money IMO - the sound experience is sublime for music or HT use

2 minutes ago, Walter P said:

@Mr CI agree, its great value for money IMO - the sound experience is sublime for music or HT use

GLWTS ....

• Like 1

Registering interest........if willing to post to perth......subject to tax return........will be about 4 weeks till i know

@steffanth posting will be challenge, as each speakers weighs 45kg! I have kept the original foam packing protection, so its doable I think but would need to look into logistics.  Good luck with your tax!

thanx.......will let you know as soon as i do.  Needless to say....if a definite comes along before i can get back to you....go ahead and sell..... there will be no hard feelings this end

I have the same speakers but in cherry finish, best speaker I have ever owned, Big upgrade in sound quality from the cheaper studio series.

JDH

Unfortunately the reality of things has set in and my tax return is only going to be half of what i anticipated.  As much as i would love to have these speakers..........unless i sell a kidney its not likely to happen.

:(

@steffanth I wish the taxman would exceed your expectations but that's rarely the case with the ATO sadly. I hope you find something you enjoy. I know you wouldn't be disappointed with the s8s if you ever look at buying them in the future

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 7/6/2017 at 2:22 PM, Walter P said:

@steffanth posting will be challenge...

45kg is no challenge at all. Get a quote from Air Road freight come the time they need to be moved to a new home.

Have shipped a 58kg sub no problem. Arrived unmarked in perfect condition. Wrapped and sent on a mini pallet. Was $130 from TAS to regional VIC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A mini pallet might be the go for easy and safe pick up. Thanks for the tip Jutta!

edit

Edited by steffanth
meant to pm it

are these still for sale ?
@zaero yes they are