Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
itchyglowbo

My Fiio X3 has died.

5 posts in this topic

I dropped the thing last night! It turns on but the screen is now white with nothing on it.

So now i'm undecided whether to get another X3, although i can only find 2nd generation models, mine was 1st. [Apparently a different chip is used and so they sound different to each other.]

Or an X5. The X3 is new at $199 while the X5 is used at $299

If i were able i'd get the exact same model i had as the sound was great. It's hard to choose as both have great, and a few bad reviews from users, so it's very subjective in the end. However i'm not able to go somewhere and listen to both models playing my music i'm so familiar with.

My original X3 was bought used on Gumtree so i've no objection to getting one that's 2nd hand. Maybe i was just very, very fortunate with that one? It's awful being without it as probably around 95% of my music listening was thru the X3.

errr . do you mean a GLOBE?!?

pity dropped it. maybe get another since so happy with the first ?

I might be able to source and gen 1 version. Does could matter? Might cost around $250 though. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Hi

I'd possibly spend that much on a new one depending on it's condition, thanks.

Well i ended up getting the X3 II for $199. The sound is very different and the bass is not as strong as the first generation.

The bass is a deal-breaker for me when it comes to these little players. So i very much prefer the older model.