Kazz

4K Ultra HD Disc Local Release Dates

This was suggested in the Official 4K Ultra HD - Blu Ray Thread  and I think it's a good idea, so fire away all with release dates as they become available.

This post by Cevolution can start us off.

For those interested, I spoke with Universal Sony Home Entertainment Australia last week, and obtained the local release dates for the following 4K UHD Blu-ray releases (obviously the dates are subject to change):

The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, & The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - 10th of May, 2017.

Gladiator - 7th of June, 2017.

The Bridge on the River Kwai - 28th of June, 2017.

Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3 - 28th of June, 2017.

It has also been reported that Gravity is currently on Roadshow's release sheets for the 6th of September.

Thanks for starting this for all of us.

I am hoping to see local releases of Iron Man 1, 2 & 3. as these are being released in Germany soon.

It seems we are always a few months behind the rest of the world for anything remotely new, but updates to older movies are released here almost the same day as overseas.

Iron Man 1, 2, & 3 are being released by Concorde Video in Germany, they hold the rights for them there, not Disney. We won't see UHD Blu-ray's for them locally until Disney decide to get into the UHD Blu-ray market.

I guess that means I will have to pre-order them from Amazon.de

I wonder if they have forced German subtitles like some other German releases.

Edited by bernievink
Extra sentence

23 hours ago, bernievink said:

I guess that means I will have to pre-order them from Amazon.de

I wonder if they have forced German subtitles like some other German releases.

I got a lot of Concorde Video releases in the HD DVD days, don't remember any with forced subtitles...

And being that there is a German audio track on the discs I would hope forced subtitles wouldn't be necessary...

• Sprache: Deutsch (DTS-HD 5.1), Englisch (DTS-HD 5.1)
  • Untertitel: Deutsch
Edited by darthhasbro

Good luck reading the menu's

It takes me about 10 mins to figure out which menu to press on my studio canal German version of T2 on HD DVD (only version at the time that had 7.1)

57 minutes ago, KEF Ci2000 said:

Good luck reading the menu's

It takes me about 10 mins to figure out which menu to press on my studio canal German version of T2 on HD DVD (only version at the time that had 7.1)

This shouldn't be a problem. I own plenty of discs that have non English menus, and I can't recall one where the cursor is not set to 'play movie' by default on the main menu. All you need to do is press the enter or play button to play the movie from the main menu, and then once the movie starts, quickly press the audio button on your remote to select the audio track you desire (the same applies for subtitles). Takes all but 5 seconds. Being able to determine what the special feature are is the only problem you should encounter with non English menus.

Edit: Spelling error.

Edited by Cevolution

must be just the Skynet edition steelbook, it never starts on play

3 hours ago, Cevolution said:

The Mummy 1, 2 & 3 are up on Ezydvd's site for pre-order:

That is good news, once again Thanks.

jb hifi website gone a bit whacky for uhd blu-ray. where could click on new release nad uhd blu-ray it no longer shows new releases ! i.e. jack reacher thats been released no longer shows in that search for instance. it just only shows billy walk uhd.

not sure how people are looking up new releases and upcoming for au ?

also I note we have lost the concurrent releases we were having with blu-ray/uhd two releases now arrival and now hack saw ridge or blu-ray only.

my local jb hifi has also lost its dedicated uhd blu-ray section ?

are we seeing a loss of local support for uhd blu-ray ?

am happy to import if thats the case... will just cost more ....

Was disappointed The Arrival only made Bluray release here. Was looking forward to the UHD copy.

43 minutes ago, :) said:

not sure how people are looking up new releases and upcoming for au ?

My method is to use the Movies & TV shows tab at the top of the JB HiFi website, then choose 4K Ultra HD on the left, and set the sort by to "Date new to old".

This shows all the latest 4K UHD movies, including pre-orders up to May.

I find JB a bit slow to show upcoming movies, but wait till they appear, because they usually are cheaper than the competition, and delivery to my country town is usually faster as well.

This thread is a better source than most, as we have people in the know keeping us informed. 

Was disappointed The Arrival only made Bluray release here. Was looking forward to the UHD copy.

Arrival will stress test your HDR

Is there a way to tell on those shop websites if a release comes with a slipcase or not? I know Warner in Australia doesn't have slipcases for 4K movies, but they do in the UK, i think Sony is also the same, not sure about other studios though...

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

Is there a way to tell on those shop websites if a release comes with a slipcase or not?

My first thing I do if I receive a slipcase is to throw it out. I guess I am not the same as most people here.

52 minutes ago, bernievink said:

My first thing I do if I receive a slipcase is to throw it out. I guess I am not the same as most people here.

whoa, please save them for me next time, i'm crazy about those things ;)

4 hours ago, :) said:

my local jb hifi has also lost its dedicated uhd blu-ray section ?

are we seeing a loss of local support for uhd blu-ray ?

Hummmm

Maybe they are worried about Amazon in Australia opining up.  Anyhow why in the F,,, you would spend $48 for a UHD Movie.

Slipcases annoy me too