Hi All,

July 27th 2017 update. The DLA-X5500 has been put on sale by JVC Kenwood. PM for incredible pricing on offer!

First in, while stocks last.

cheers!

Hi All,

just an update. Stock for the 7500 and 9500 has been in high demand worldwide and Australia has seen dreadful stock levels this year. JVC Kenwood are slowly getting on top of this with Japan.

7500 and 9500 stock due in this week. Back orders are already in place and have been for some time.

They are selling strong, better than the 5500 which was not anticipated by JVC Kenwood as previous years saw the entry level model the most popular. Not anymore it would seem.

cheers!

Feb 5th update: This first round of the X series purchases went really well despite some holdups with JVC staff bein away and custom clearance etc.

We had 8 JVC X7500's, 2 JVC X5500's and 1 JVC X9500 purchased over the past month so well done to all who purchased and made this excellent group buy possible.

We are now into round 2 of the 'group buy' for Feb 2017 and this will continue on as the first round with heavily discounted prices locked in place for forum members.

I think we've done JVC group buys now 5 years straight without a hiccup. I've had great support from a large customer base here at the AV forum and beyond, and also JVC Kenwood themselves who are simply brilliant to deal with.

Without you guys, it just isn't possible so a big thank you to all involved.

Best Regards to all,

Richard.

Jan 16th update: I have been assured we will be getting the stock we require for this first round. There are also some orders now for the 5500 but no stock as yet. Will hopefully know more tomorrow as to next batch arrival and numbers etc.

The only delays occuring now are because certain staff members associated with the projector side of things are still on leave at JVC Kenwood. They are just waiting on the new model numbers to be inputted into their system so they can process the orders we've placed.

I appreciate your patience and assure you everything is being done to minimise lead times.

Hi All,

JVC Kenwood have limited stock right now of the X7500 coming late next week. Pre orders are now being taken on first come first serve basis.

I have uploaded the PDF into images so it can be viewed on this page.

Press release here http://pro.jvc.com/pro/pr/2017/ces/CES17_new_eshift4_projectors.html

PM for pricing.

RRP is same as previous X series which is as follows:

• $6160 for the DLA-X5500
  • $8800 for the DLA-X7500
  • $10498 for the DLA-X9500

3D kit same as previous at $649 RRP which includes 4 glasses and emitter.

New low lag gaming mode, a vast improvement on previous X series, makes these new JVC's not only best in black level performance but now a serious gaming projector as well.

Gamers now get the best of both worlds!  Also increases in both lumen output and native and dynamic contrast. Additional info will be added in due course.

DLA-X9500
DLA-X7500
DLA-X5500

JVC_X_series1.jpg

JVC_X_series2.jpg

JVC_X_series3.jpg

JVC_X_series4.jpg

JVC_X_series5.jpg

JVC_X_series6.jpg

JVC_X_series7.jpg

Edited by oztheatre
updates

Hi All,

just an update. Stock for the 7500 and 9500 has been in high demand worldwide and Australia has seen dreadful stock levels this year. JVC Kenwood are slowly getting on top of this with Japan.

7500 and 9500 stock due in this week. Back orders are already in place and have been for some time.

When I wrote this they were coming, they are now in stock as 27th June and backorders are shipping out.

They are selling strong, better than the 5500 which was not anticipated by JVC Kenwood as previous years saw the entry level model the most popular. Not anymore it would seem.

cheers!

• Like 2

Hi All,

July 27th 2017 update. The DLA-X5500 has been put on sale by JVC Kenwood. PM for incredible pricing on offer!

First in, while stocks last.

cheers!

PM sent Macx. check inbox, cheers!

Installed the x5500 for my customer over the weekend...amazing projector and picture quality.

Edited by SUPCIN

Good one, what was the HDMI cable distance and it does [email protected] 4.4.4?

nice foxtail hopefully this sorts out everyones hdmi issues.. lets hope the cable will still be sweet when the new hdmi 2.1 or what ever the hell its called drops :P

Yeah wish HDMI would stop moving the goal posts, but then with less confusion each time it happens we would have less to talk about :rolleyes:.

5 hours ago, foxtail said:

Good one, what was the HDMI cable distance and it does [email protected] 4.4.4?

Customer supplied a Pro2 4K 10m Easylock cable. He didn't have a 4k blu ray player just a standard sony blu ray.

If in a wall I do hope it does 4k

2 minutes ago, foxtail said:

If in a wall I do hope it does 4k

Me too. The install itself was a prick being a 7.2.4 downstairs in a double story home but changing the HDMI wouldn't be difficult if needed. The Pro2 has a lifetime warranty and seemed to tick all the boxes for a 4K cable. I'm always weary of 10m 4k cables though so time will tell once he buys a new player. I don't suppose you know something i don't about the Pro2 though do you?

Not heard of the pro, but we tell every customer to test for best resolution before wall instal, but in your case if it's not hard to swap it's fine.

I'm going back out there in the next few days to complete some more works and apparently he is buying a Xbox s so time will tell. I could be in contact for a Ruipro ;)

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 3:57 PM, HTPC-Guru said:

nice foxtail hopefully this sorts out everyones hdmi issues.. lets hope the cable will still be sweet when the new hdmi 2.1 or what ever the hell its called drops :P

If you can live without 8k transmission or ridiculous frame rates [ that's easy] current hi speed cables like the ruipro can handle a lot of the hdmi 2.1 tricks :)
http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_1/index.aspx

Dynamic HDR

Q: Does this Dynamic HDR require the new 48G Cable?

A: No, but it will be necessary to enable 8K video with HD

eARC

Q: Will this work with any HDMI cable?

A: This works with HDMI High Speed Cables with Ethernet and the new 48G cable

Game Mode VRR

Q: Does this require the new HDMI cable?

A: No

excuse the o/t

Edited by cwt

On 7/31/2017 at 3:57 PM, HTPC-Guru said:

I think so, if one reads the Amazon Ruipro reviews from a tough US AV crowd it says a lot, asa matter of fact I don't recall seeing reviews on any product as good as those. Users here like Kazz are reporting outstanding results with true [email protected] and 4.4.4 chroma.