I Follow PAFC

IQ 3.5

30 posts in this topic

I have been offered an upgrade to IQ3 - I still have the original IQ box - I am tempted to upgrade.

Advice please!

Lou

For us IQ3 was the worst - to the point where we ended up cancelling Foxtel because we simply couldn't be bothered going through the downgrade back to IQ2 process.

The boxes are clunky, freeze up, remotes are laggy. The UI looks great - that's its only benefit IME.

I know others are saying that the issues are resolved, but as recently as April that wasn't the case for us.

Truth be told we ditched Foxtel after nearly 15 years (3 x IQ3 boxes), and replaced it with Fetch. We've saved a stack of money and aside from sports, haven't lost any content we really care about.

IQ3 is fine now after the last firmware update. If you don't need to record and have a decent internet connection go with Foxtel NOW (Play) instead.

1 hour ago, Marc said:

For us IQ3 was the worst - to the point where we ended up cancelling Foxtel because we simply couldn't be bothered going through the downgrade back to IQ2 process.

The boxes are clunky, freeze up, remotes are laggy. The UI looks great - that's its only benefit IME.

I know others are saying that the issues are resolved, but as recently as April that wasn't the case for us.

Truth be told we ditched Foxtel after nearly 15 years (3 x IQ3 boxes), and replaced it with Fetch. We've saved a stack of money and aside from sports, haven't lost any content we really care about.

I have had very few problems with mine and I got it when they first came out.

Lucky then I guess.

We had problems with all 3 boxes - even after we received replacements.

I'm told by someone in the industry there's a whole warehouse literally full of returned units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine February this year so I presume it's a 3.5. I love it and Foxtel Sport is a necessity for me now. 

Edited by Satanica

Sports is no longer necessary for me - only because the outcome of Pies games is generally known already :(

1 person likes this

On 2017-6-27 at 0:51 PM, LOU LOU said:

I have been offered an upgrade to IQ3 - I still have the original IQ box - I am tempted to upgrade.

Advice please!

Lou

My 20 cents worth on the IQ3;

Got an IQ3 on day 1, soon as it was released, had issues initially, but I could live with them, wife hated it.  Firmware upgrades over time have fixed all the problems that  I have come across.  Plus the swap to the infrared  remote, that was a biggy.   We still have an IQ2 (in the family room) and the picture is slightly better quality on IQ3, sound quality is far superior.  Plus no more HDMI/HDCP related drop outs and random noises that I used to get with the IQ2.  Larger HDD is most welcome, we were always running out of space on the IQ2.  When I use the IQ2 now it looks so old fashioned, slow and clunky.

In summary, it took a while but the IQ3 is now great.  Of course just in time for the IQ4K.

Cheers

Gary 

Edited by GaryCook
1 person likes this

On 27/06/2017 at 0:51 PM, LOU LOU said:

Advice please!

Lou

What do mean offered? As a free upgrade?

Sorry for the delay in replying! End result of exercise = no change, disappointment, frustration.

The offer was upgrade to IQ3 box, no cost, self-install, HD. One only cost of $75.

I was a platinum subscriber, but decided to take the opportunity to drop sport & kids, neither of which I ever look at.

Agreed and got confirmation email the next day, saying box would arrive in 1-5 business days. New sub rate would be $96/month. Now paying $119 platinum on basic IQ box. So OK, probably could be better, but OK.

Started frantically watching or dubbing content on existing box. Made sure someone was home all day every day.

After 7 business days and no box, I rang.

Hours later (or so it seemed) I was told that as I was downgrading from platinum, the box would not arrive until late July, in line with my billing date.

I'm afraid I told them to cancel the whole shebang. I want a working box for next Monday (mad GoT fan) and will take no risks. I was already dubious, and they confirmed my fears. The chances of getting a good result were unlikely, IMO, so I cancelled.

Anyone interested can see an offer on the Foxtel site for free upgrade to IQ3 and $137/month for platinum.

BTW, as a bit elderly and unused to accents, I found that all the Asians I spoke to during this exercise to be very difficult to understand. My bad, I guess.

BTW, I have 65% free space on the current box now!