Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foxtail

Beyonwiz Lite No Go

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Have a rather old Beyonwiz lite PVR and its always worked perfectly, recently I changed from a 5+ year old Panny to a new Panasonic 65" CX700A now it will not connect.

I've checked what TV input it should go to and pressed the TV and TV out now remote buttons all to no avail, (and yes even I checked the HDMi cable on a DVD player AOK of course), checked the RF cable too, any ideas what I could try?.

It might be the wiz's video output resolution,had same problem when moving my FV-1. Need to push button on remote (tv out)to cycle thru 576,720,1080i and make sure hdmi is lit up.

Edited by wheelz

Hi guys,

Have a rather old Beyonwiz lite PVR and its always worked perfectly, recently I changed from a 5+ year old Panny to a new Panasonic 65" CX700A now it will not connect.

I've checked what TV input it should go to and pressed the TV and TV out now remote buttons all to no avail, (and yes even I checked the HDMi cable on a DVD player AOK of course), checked the RF cable too, any ideas what I could try?.

When you say RF cable do you mean the Red White Yellow composite cable?

This connection always sends out SD to the screen so you can check out the menu and see if any of your other video settings are causing the issue.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

No component - red/blue/green, have picture but its mono!, colours plugged in correctly, cant detect HDMi at all. tried all the buttons, tried format, tried re scan all to no avail.

I presume you only have 1 output connected at a time? You don't have comp and hdmi connected at same time because the wiz's cant do dual output.

Didn't know that will disconnect the component and try it.

Well something rather strange took place, no matter what I did i could not get the BW lite to show up on the TV via HDMI, so I connected it via my Yammy S401 soundbar amp with HDMI and it worked, why no idea.

Edited by foxtail

Well something rather strange took place, no matter what I did i could not get the BW lite to show up on the TV via HDMI, so I connected it via my Yammy S401 soundbar amp with HDMI and it worked, why no idea.

My backup p1 can be a bit flakey on its hdmi output foxtail ; sometimes just taking my pt7030 out of the equation will make it handshake properly . A separate sp dif coax can help sometimes too . Having separate ntsc and pal settings may not help either switching colour spaces :question:

Yes cwt, sure was a weird one, I sort of figured it was a handshake issue as I was sure i'd set it up correctly and it sure works fine now.