kwarrior

Beyonwiz T3? Anybody

Amen to that brother ... I had a T3 and am so glad it is gone.

Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to read "Does anyone have a Beyonwiz T3 that works" still after a few months?

2 hours ago, agelessgoodguy said:

Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to read "Does anyone have a Beyonwiz T3 that works" still after a few months?

Now after 2 1/2 years, still going.

Weeellll, after 2 hiccups.

One was infant mortality.  Continual reboot.  Replaced under warranty.

One was a power supply failure. About a year ago.  Factory repair.

My only need is another tuner.

LOL! Totally reliable for under 12 months at a time ... planned obsolescence, but the factory got it wrong, within the standard warranty period?

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Dr Chopsus said:

LOL! Totally reliable for under 12 months at a time ... planned obsolescence, but the factory got it wrong, within the standard warranty period?

I thought warranty was 1 year.

Repair was done after around 18 months.

Or have I read it all wrong?

Not to worry, still going along happily, says he boot in mouth.

9 minutes ago, Grampus said:

I thought warranty was 1 year.

Repair was done after around 18 months.

Or have I read it all wrong?

Not to worry, still going along happily, says he boot in mouth.

2.5 years and two failures (in raw term 14.5 months each)  Sounds like a perfectly timed failure rate to me ... if you want ppl to have to replace it every 12-18 months.

you were lucky with your early failure, but for BW that's a cost that cuts directly into their profit margin.

Edited by Guest

Definitely a lot of peeps (me included) that had units fail a few months after warranty ran out. After having a DP-P1 for years, it was very disappointing. In my instance though, I went back for more, upgrading to the T4 which has been pretty good so far (touch wood), & managed to wangle a reasonable discount by having a whinge about the failure rates of the T3's

I have a BNIB T4 sitting here as a replacement for the T3 ... the wife has refused to have it in the main room ... I'm contemplating putting it in the second lounge (where the T3 was banished) but unsure if it's worth it or if I should just sell it on to someone with BW masochistic tendencies?

Edited by Guest

Haha, there's no way I'm offering a suggestion here! It's totally up to you:rolleyes:

The only thing I will say is that my T4 has been much less troublesome than the T3 was. However, I cannot vouch for beyonwiz products quality or longevity any more. 

Thanks all for your replies to my observations.  Now you make it tough.   I really would like the extra tuner,  might mean I have to go down the back yard and dig up a jam jar or two.

For all the BW minor irritations and and complexity, I believe that it is the best of all the devices I have had over the years..    But not for the faint hearted.

Mines still original. 3 years old maybe? From the first batch whenever that was. Never had a hardware fault. Software and firmware updates have caused plenty of grief (especially trying to deal with some of the people on the beyonwiz forums, that seem to have a major god complex at times), but has been pretty stable for the last 12 months since I refused to make any more updates. Still, as others have said it'll be my last Beyonwiz. I'm quietly hoping it'll die so I can get a Fetch TV, but that means it'll most likely live forever!

I always thought it was just me rubbing the BW Forum Gods the wrong way LOL :angel:

Bought my T3 when they were first released.  Never had a problem with it other than there is bugger all worth recording these days.....

• Like 2

My T4 is now 9 months old.  I record at least 2, usually more, shows per day and have occasionally recorded 5 shows at once.

2TB WD RED came installed (only ever about 30% used).

Zero problems (fingers crossed).

Amazes me how it networks (after a bit of a learning curve) with my NAS and other devices.  Much more functional than my Topfield 7100 which died after 7 years. Same picture quality (as far as I can see) but way more functionality than the Panasonic Bluray/PVR (which is admittedly easier to use but does not have programmable remote buttons for time skips which I can't live without as I refuse to watch any ads).

Edited by lurker99