kwarrior

Beyonwiz T3? Anybody

Hi ...

I have the Foxtel IQ2 and looking closely at the IQ3..which seems to be delayed forever ;)

And my old DVR is up for replacement...

Anybody with any thoughts on the Beyonwiz T3?

Cheers

KW

Hi KW,

Since no one else has chimed in, I'll give you my 2 cents worth. I can't really compare the T3 to any current PVR's, as I've gone from one Beyonwiz product (DP-P1) to the T3.

I'll start by saying that it's not for the faint hearted. If you want something easy to use straight out of the box, this probably isn't the unit for you. I would describe it as more for the tech savvy tinkerer. If you have the patience to go onto the Beyonwiz forum, there are some good how to videos and very knowledgeable people who are very generous with helping people out. It took me a good couple of weeks to get it updated, fave channels, networking shares etc all set up and working ok. Some of this was definitely due to being an early adopter, as the unit was released way too early (but that's another story)

But, once up and running, it's great. I have the extra usb tuner, and with that, can record 8 or more shows at once. I also have icetv, which I love, but some don't see the value of. Each to their own on that one.

Would I recommend it? If you are a TV nut like me and record heaps of shows, then yes. Otherwise, not really.

Buff, mate, thank you...couldnt have asked for a better articulation of whether I should or should not buy it...I love tinkering with tech stuff....so maybe...but on the other hand, do I have the time to that anymore, perhaps not...

Nice explanation...much appreciated...(Im beginning to like the T3 already!!)

Thinking of going Humax myself ... The T3 sound a little to half baked at the moment.

I'm really liking my Humax, don't regret it at all.

I had both the T3 and the Humax 4Tune until recently, i found the Humax to be handicapped compared to the T3 with no Ice TV support and no ability to record more than on one program per tuner.

I sold the Humax

Someone mentioned the T3 is not for the faint hearted and i agree but this machine is like the Android of the PVR world you can add so much to what to can already done, It advertised it can record 8 programs at once we i can tell you i have mine setup with 20 post record and we setup 16 program to be recorded that all at the same time or just after each other all overlapped with each other and everything recorded

Its a beast

Edited by oldguy223

That's awesome...in the 6 years I've used my current PVR, never found more than a handful of FTA programmes that I want to record....

I will never need 20 recordings to be set up...

As for ICE TV, not a show stopper for me either....

But that little review is interesting, as it gives me a perspective I hadn't considered previously!! thank you

That's awesome...in the 6 years I've used my current PVR, never found more than a handful of FTA programmes that I want to record....

I will never need 20 recordings to be set up...

As for ICE TV, not a show stopper for me either....

But that little review is interesting, as it gives me a perspective I hadn't considered previously!! thank you

Yeah i know there is not that much on FTA to record i was more pointing out it can be done for those that would

Also like to add you can dd apps like Plex and so on

Oh..I was told you could run Plex on the Humax. Can you not?

Again, not a show stopper for me, personally...as I use my Apple TV to stream via Plex

Oh..I was told you could run Plex on the Humax. Can you not?

Again, not a show stopper for me, personally...as I use my Apple TV to stream via Plex

No Plex

Which way are you leaning?

I like Kazz's opinion above. Humax for me. But I haven't bought not buying for a month or so.

Leaves me open to a lot of procrastination.

Ha ha

I like Kazz's opinion above. Humax for me. But I haven't bought not buying for a month or so.

Leaves me open to a lot of procrastination.

Ha ha

Good luck with it

.... the replacement T3 I was sent has now died, stuck on a boot cycle .... 1 month and 1 day after it replaced the unit with the faulty front panel :angry:

OH...fuken hell !!!

.... the replacement T3 I was sent has now died, stuck on a boot cycle .... 1 month and 1 day after it replaced the unit with the faulty front panel :angry:

Oh bugger!!!!

I had an older model DP-P2 and it was great until it finally gave up after many years of operation. I use to recommend Beyonwiz to everyone and as a result many of my friends also purchased one or more.

I purchased the T3 as the replacement and have regrated it. At first it would lock up at random every couple of days or weeks, once a couple of days after I left on a three week holiday so I missed everything I was wanting to record. I tried all the normal stuff like update the firmware and resets so on. Nothing really helped and the unit stayed unreliable to say the least. The remote is so cheap it only lasted about 12 months and buttons were already worn out and stopped working. Every other remote I have ever had lasted years.

The unit has now completely failed after it kept locking up every time I tried to do anything and would need to be power cycled over and over until it would successfully start up. In absolute frustration I thumped the unit resulting in sparks, a bang and a blown fuse in the house.

Take my advice and do not purchase this rubbish. It has been made so cheap and is so unreliable you will be cursing Beyonwiz over and over. Stick to real brands like Panasonic. They may not be a feature packed but at least will work.