Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RodN

Ten biggest mistakes of HT shopping

84 posts in this topic

Hey all...

Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm just curious, I would like to start my own thread so that I can get some input from the guru's on here as to how to set up my home theatre, but the forum says I do not have permission to start a new topic?

I'll admit I'm pretty terrible at reading all the T&C's when signing up, but how do I go about being able to start a new topic? On other forums you usually have to reply a certain number of threads to show participation, but I don't want to spam away for no reason unless I've got something constructive to say.

Sorry if I've picked a dumb thread to post this in, but my dilemma sort of relates to HT shopping. I'm looking for a new AV receiver but I'm not sure exactly how to set up what I want, thus, I can't fully decide what to purchase. I need some advice, and therefore would like to start a new topic of my own.

:)

Just 5 eh?

Well I feel a bit stupid if thats the case.

But understand what I mean... I didn't just want to post for the sake of it. And most of the stuff I've read, other people have a better idea than me :)

SPAM in sig link reported

I like your sig though!

Can't start a new thread or use PM?

You need a minimum of 5 posts to avtivate those features. You can get your post count up HERE.

biggest mistake i've made time and time again is to underestimate how much over budget my new item will end up being hahaha.. thankfully i've stopped making my other mistake of telling the mrs how much the original budget estimate is instead of overinflating it to cover the inevitable budget breakage

What ever happened to the mob that used to do this? A few years ago I had them approach me 3 times in a as many months at different melbourne shopping centres.

Were they finally put out of business?

Where are they? Try "speakers for sale" on ebay. No great shortage of the White Van Man there as far as I can tell.

My second post and I still cannot create a new topic. Apologies for posting this here but it's the closest thread I found for seeking the advice I'd like. I saw this posted on a board and I really don't know much about the topic so I wanted to ask for your advice if this is a good deal.

What about this? Is this good value for money for a home theater system?

Panasonic Blu-ray Home Theatre with iPod Dock

Full-HD -High Def playback: 1080/24p playback capability with P4HD

built in decoders for dolby digital plus, dolby trueHD, DTS-HD, DTS-HD Master Audio

Integrated Universal Dock for iPod

High power 1000W (RMS)

Viera cast- allows viewing internet content from your blu ray home theatre

RRP 1099, he's selling for 750

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you know about a new store I went to on the weekend. They are called the Big picture people located in the Super centre at Robina. I didn’t even know they existed apparently they have been there since Xmas last year.

Anyway they have an amazing store with lots of rooms set up so you can have a really good look. All the stuff they carry is really good quality too none of the cheap stuff like JB or Harvey’s.

Has anyone else been here? I'm surprised it’s never been mentioned on here before. :D

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you know about a new store I went to on the weekend. They are called the Big picture people located in the Super centre at Robina. I didn’t even know they existed apparently they have been there since Xmas last year.

Anyway they have an amazing store with lots of rooms set up so you can have a really good look. All the stuff they carry is really good quality too none of the cheap stuff like JB or Harvey’s.

Has anyone else been here? I'm surprised it’s never been mentioned on here before. :D

Reported as possible spam.

Not a wise opening post