Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ps3Tony

Topfield 7260 Any Good?

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

So, is there anyone able to tell me what's wrong here and an easy way to fix the issue?

Thanks.

The mpg from the Toppy is a ts. But saying that, I don't know why a recording made from an input should be different from a TV recording. I've never used the input on the 2400.

You can use ProjectX (free) to remux it into a proper mpg. See if that works. Otherwise, you could use Handbrake, AVIDemux, or XMedia Recode to encode it into an mp4. This will make it a smaller file, and will be playable by most devices.

EDIT: Try playing with PotPlayer. Also, try MediaInfo to see what's different about the 2 files.

dRdoS7

Edited by dRdoS7

The mpg from the Toppy is a ts. But saying that, I don't know why a recording made from an input should be different from a TV recording.

Can't say for sure, but PVRs record FTA TV exactly as it is broadcast. That's why playback is identical to watching live.

When you use the analogue inputs then the PVR must by necessity convert the signal into a digital format. I believe most use a MPEG4 format for this although that's not certain.

Perhaps try renaming the file extension to a couple of different popular types (MP4, MKV, etc.). As mentioned ProjectX might help identify the file format too.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Hi,

Can't say for sure, but PVRs record FTA TV exactly as it is broadcast. That's why playback is identical to watching live.

When you use the analogue inputs then the PVR must by necessity convert the signal into a digital format. I believe most use a MPEG4 format for this although that's not certain.

Perhaps try renaming the file extension to a couple of different popular types (MP4, MKV, etc.). As mentioned ProjectX might help identify the file format too.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

When I said:

I don't know why a recording made from an input should be different from a TV recording

I was assuming the Toppy would be recording AV input as mpg in ts format same as it "records" FTA.

dRdoS7

I was assuming the Toppy would be recording AV input as mpg in ts format same as it "records" FTA.

Understood? That's why I explained its not, and just uses its chipset to convert the analogue input to something completely different.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Thanks for the response guys.

I'll try out the program's you've suggested and get back to you soon. Hopefully something works! ?