Sign in to follow this  
diesel

2012 Panasonic Recorders - Bwt820, Bwt720, Pwt520

Panasonic had the launch of their 2012 AV range today and announced two new 3D Blu-ray Recorders with twin HD tuners and one Blu-ray Disc Player with HDD recording capabilities.

The new range includes the new 3D DMR-BWT820 Blu-Ray Recorder with impressive 1TB HDD, the 3D DMR-BWT720 Blu-Ray Recorder with 500GB HDD and also the versatile 3D DMR-PWT520 Blu-ray Disc Player with HDD recording capability.

As usual these seem to be tweaks of last year's models the BWT800, BWT700 and PWT500.

There doesn't seem to be a replacement for the DVD based DMR-XW385 DVD recorder...

Panasonic had the launch of their 2012 AV range today and announced two new 3D Blu-ray Recorders with twin HD tuners and one Blu-ray Disc Player with HDD recording capabilities.

The new range includes the new 3D DMR-BWT820 Blu-Ray Recorder with impressive 1TB HDD, the 3D DMR-BWT720 Blu-Ray Recorder with 500GB HDD and also the versatile 3D DMR-PWT520 Blu-ray Disc Player with HDD recording capability.

As usual these seem to be tweaks of last year's models the BWT800, BWT700 and PWT500.

There doesn't seem to be a replacement for the DVD based DMR-XW385 DVD recorder...

Well let's hope they keep making the DMR-XW385 because I for one am not interested in BW and if my XW380 or XW350 packs up I'll try to get XW385.

Thanks Diesel. Has anyone priced these units yet? Next time I visit Costco, I'll have a look to see if these are on the shelves.

Typically when they release new models they are cheaper than last years RRPs, but we'll have to wait and see. They are not up on the Panasonic website yet.

Typically when they release new models they are cheaper than last years RRPs, but we'll have to wait and see. They are not up on the Panasonic website yet.

By the way Diesel even though I'm not interested in BW, I do thank you for keeping us informed. Best regards, Baird

More information has just been posted on the Panasonic Blog.

We are proud to announce that we have added two new 3D Blu-ray™ Recorders with twin HD tuners and one Blu-ray Disc™ Player with HDD recording capabilities to its home entertainment line-up. Boasting enhanced networking and storage capabilities thanks to the new Smart Link with Tablet[1] feature and compatibility with external Hard Disk Drives, while continuing the company’s commitment to high quality picture and sound, design and ease-of-use.

The new range includes the new 3D DMR-BWT820 Blu-Ray Recorder with impressive 1TB HDD, the 3D DMR-BWT720 Blu-Ray Recorder with 500GB HDD and also the versatile 3D DMR-PWT520 Blu-ray Disc™ Player with HDD recording capability, which also records onto a 500GB HDD.[2]

I'm so happy to hear about external hard drive recording! I wonder what format it will be in though...

Does anyone know where I can get a DMR-BWT820? Is it even available yet?

Retailers only seem to be carrying the 720.

On a side note, what's going on with the Panasonic web site? panasonic.com.au now redirects to panasonic.net. The link, above, to the Panasonic blog also redirects there.

Retailers only seem to be carrying the 720.

I saw some BWT820 at Harvey Morman in Sydney Broadway Shopping Centre two weeks ago.

Seems to be available at a couple of online stores at least.

I tried to D/L the operator's manuals for these from Panasonic's Australian web site but without success. I'd like to have a look at the manual because the DMR-BWT720 looks very tempting.

Panasonic Australia’s website was experiencing problems two days ago when I tried to download a User Manual for one of the TVs I was considering. I rang the phone number (132 600) on their website & after explaining the problem I was having they emailed a .pdf copy out.

BTW – a very impressive TV (compared to other well known brand TVs I have recently played with), but I don’t know much about their recorders.

I already have a Panasonic 32" TV, my wife and were able to compare the model we eventually bought with several others in a retailer's shop. The PQ of the Panasonic was evidently superior to the other 32" TVs on our short list.

I've decided to narrow my choice down to the DMR-PWT520. There's a UK version of this and I was able to D/L the manual from there. I'll study it over the weekend, but it looks like this could be the one for me.

Edited by FrankenStrat

There looks like a new Panasonic PVR making its way out here too - its the HW-200.

http://www.trustedre...-top-box_review

Saw it in a Bing Lee catalogue today. Similar price to the BWT-520. Think I'd rather go the BWT as it also plays Bluray.

It looks like the HW220 is a freeview box in the UK. Does anyone know if it will be Freeview when it lands in Oz? If it is that will be a deal breaker.

It looks like the HW220 is a freeview box in the UK. Does anyone know if it will be Freeview when it lands in Oz? If it is that will be a deal breaker.

Too right it's a deal breaker!

I tried to D/L the operator's manuals for these from Panasonic's Australian web site but without success. I'd like to have a look at the manual because the DMR-BWT720 looks very tempting.

I contacted Panasonic Australia and requested a copy of the operator's manual, which they kindly e-mailed to me yesterday. I've had a look at the recording section and it all looks easy enough, my wife and I shouldn't have any difficulties with setting it up to record manually or from the EPG.

There looks like a new Panasonic PVR making its way out here too - its the HW-200. Saw it in a Bing Lee catalogue today. Similar price to the BWT-520. Think I'd rather go the BWT as it also plays Bluray.

I don't have a Blu-Ray player nor a PVR at the moment, so for me it's a no-brainer; DMR-PWT520 it is.