Sign in to follow this  
Valve Bounce

Panasonic Dmrbwt 700Gl

Just saw the above Blue Ray Recorder/Player at Costco. Does anyone have any experience with the 700GL unit?

Edited by Valve Bounce

I'm considering this one as well to replace my ageing Sony PVR and would like to know how it performs.

I have read reviews simply by enterring this model in Google, and they are all very positive. However, I'd prefer someone from this forum who have tried it to let me know.

It seems like a great bargain at under $700.

There's a few threads on the BWT700 and the bigger brother BWT800

Panasonic Dmr-bwt800gl Questions

Panasonic Dmr-bwt800 (blu-ray Recorder)

and the older model from 2years ago which really the 800 is just an evolution of + some extra features (3D, twin HDMI etc etc)

Panasonic Dmr-bw750 & Bw850 - Bluray Recorders

Thanks Diesel. I tried the search function but that didn't work. :(

So! tell me what you think of this machine?

So! tell me what you think of this machine?

Disclaimer: I don't own one.

My experiences are only from an older Panasonic DVD/VCR combo and the experiences I have had when playing around in store, and general comments made on the forums.

Menus are slow, the GUI isn't very intuitive and it's pretty limited in terms connectivity to networks and the ability to offload recordings. But otherwise very capable units.

I have just bought this Blu-ray recorder/PVR, and so far it works fine, except for one catch: it is not DVD multi-region enabled, only accepting discs coded as 4 or All. So a bunch of my DVDs won't play on this machine.

I have tried searching for an unlock code, but none of the standard hack sites have this model listed. One posting I read suggested that no Panasonic blu-ray recorders can ever be DVD-region unlocked, which I find hard to believe. Can anyone cast any light on this sad state of affairs?

Edited by Chris137

Chris137

No comfort to you, but my DMR-BW500 Blu-ray recorder is (straight out of the box) DVD region free. I don't know whether it is Blu-ray region free. I have been lead to believe that when the box has a seal on it saying opened by Panasonic Australia for quality control purposes that the unit is DVD region free.

RogC

I don't know whether it is Blu-ray region free.

No Chance.

DVD region free, but definitely not BD region free.