Sign in to follow this  
Pajero

Fx And A&e Just Announced For Austar Customers

Looks like those contractual problems due to the potential FOXTEL buy-out weren't so problematic afterall....

http://www.facebook.com/AUSTAR

AUSTAR

Great news! We’re really pleased to announce that A&E and FX will be available on AUSTAR from this Sunday.

FX will be available to all residential subscribers in the Starter Pack in SD on channel 123 and HD on 218. The channel will be running promo reels in the lead up to its national launch on Sunday night at 8.30pm with an extended directors cut of The Walking Dead, an epic post-apocalyptic zombie survival series from the director of ‘The Shawshank Redemption’ and the producer of ‘The Terminator’, followed by Hell on Wheels.

A&E showcases real life action and entertainment and will be included in the Quest option. It is also available in both SD on 607 and HD on 230. Sunday will be a great day for our subscribers to catch up with some of the channel highlights they may have missed over the last week, including Pawn Stars and Storage Wars which will be shown in mini marathons during the day and the exclusive local Australian production of Megatruckers which will be replayed just for AUSTAR viewers at 6.30pm with an encore at 9.30pm.

We hope you enjoy them!

Sweet, thanks for the news - I've been meaning to check out The Walking Dead, so will have to watch/record it on Sunday.

Having watched A&E for a week, Pawn Stars and Storage Wars are strangely addictive

yeah i agree with this, i thought the channel would be a waste for me, but i love watching them, which i never thought i would say (being a male in his early-mid 20's) now i understand how my GF watches her trashy shows, neither can complain anymore about them.

The channel will be running promo reels in the lead up to its national launch on Sunday night at 8.30pm

No promo being shown and there is no 218 yet.

Having watched A&E for a week, Pawn Stars and Storage Wars are strangely addictive

yeah i agree with this, i thought the channel would be a waste for me, but i love watching them, which i never thought i would say (being a male in his early-mid 20's) now i understand how my GF watches her trashy shows, neither can complain anymore about them.

I dont have foxtel/austar but download alot of American "reality" shows.....they can be quite entertaining as long as u imagine them all being subtitled "only in America!"

No idea of their future programming but look out for :

Cajun Pawn Stars

Beyond Scared Straight

Hoarders

Ax Men

Bordertown: Laredo

The First 48

Cold Case Files

Shipping Wars

Bering Sea Gold

Gold Rush Alaska

US Drug Wars

Manhunters

Bait Car

Desert Car Kings

Drugs Inc

Alaska State Troopers

Hardcore Pawn

Forensic Files

Ragin Cajuns

Dirty Jobs

First Week In

Lockup

Full Throttle Saloon

Salvage Code Red

The Squad:Prison Police

Black Gold

Avoid Dog the Bounty Hunter......you may find you will want to punch the screen :hyper:

Edited by Baboy

Avoid Dog the Bounty Hunter......you may find you will want to punch the screen :hyper:

amen to that, and after punching the screen, rip out your eyeballs and tear off your ears..

Just went to record The Walking Dead via the Panasonic dvd recorder (dont have mystar) and it says "cannot record- copy protect signal was detected" WTF is this?

Never had it before and it's only does it on FX.

FX has macrovision enabled on it. IIRC the only other channel that does this from time to time is mainevent. This is separate to the blanket application of macrovision output on the Mystar HD and playback application macrovision on the SD Mystar.

A 'video stabiliser' will remove it.

shame you cannot record any of the programs on FX with an ordinary dvd recorder as all the shows are "protected"

Edited by jmc3612

FX has macrovision enabled on it.

It truly is amazing how much bullshit the content owners will insist on to allow their content to be broadcast. Even though analogue Macrovision has been comprehensively defeated they still make pay tv operators go out of their way to activate it on only a specific channel before the contract is approved!

Oh well, just another reason to download from unofficial sources and have a copy that is free of restrictive stupid conditions imposed by a**hole content owners that will screw their paying customers in a futile bid to stop non-paying customers from viewing their content.

I'm surprised that Austar hasn't enabled macrovision output on their STBs for all channels in order to 'encourage' the uptake of the my-disa-star.

I'm surprised that Austar hasn't enabled macrovision output on their STBs for all channels in order to 'encourage' the uptake of the my-disa-star.

There may well be a licensing fee to activate Macrovision on each channel and it's only used when the content owner either pays for it or insists on it in a contract.

shame you cannot record any of the programs on FX with an ordinary dvd recorder as all the shows are "protected"

hmm I can record FX so dunno why DRP cant record FX i'm trying it now and its recording ok