Magic Pvr Arrived Today
Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:27 PM
Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:23 AM
Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:27 AM
The New Zealand version will not work here due to EPG and time zone differences, they do not accept Australia firmware upgrade files, and vice versa.
Edited by wklie, 13 May 2013 - 11:43 AM.
Posted Today, 08:15 PM
Firmware date: 2013-5-3
Change list from 4.51:
- Precisely start and stop recording Freeview CRID bookings (Beta, see note below)
- Mute button now works in menus
- Fix occasionally does not auto standby after auto wakeup for recording when standby mode is Energy Saving or All Off
- Fix uppercase file extensions not recognized for AVCHD file playback
- Fix one-touch channel button display
- Reduce Channel Service Not Available false alarm
- Add Chinese menu language
Previously all MTV3700TD firmwares would fallback to timer-based recording if CRID is incorrect, so users will still hopefully have a portion of a booking recorded. However, this design didn't always match the CRID transitions precisely.
This firmware changes this behavior and is therefore riskier than usual. By installing it means you trust all the networks to broadcast CRID accurately and perform CRID transitions precisely every single time, such that padding will no longer be necessary (if this works). If the CRID is not accurate or if there is a critical bug in this beta recording mechanism, then the programme will not be recorded at all (unlike previous firmwares).
If any of you choose to try this firmware, I'd be interested in knowing the results.
Edited by wklie, Today, 08:22 PM.