fishman1311, on 11 April 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:
Did you proceed with the W710ST or find another suitable projector? I am in the same situation - currently have the Benq MP515ST and it's getting old and needs an update. I also need a short throw due to a beam across the ceiling of my room. I like the look of the W710ST but it's hard finding info on and harder seeing one on display.
Any feedback appreciated.
I just bought the Benq W710ST yesterday and spent my entire evening and this morning slaving over the settings. This is how it went:
1. The only wall I can display a projector has a total maximum distance of 320cm so that's why I wanted to invest in at short throw projector.
2. I plugged in the current VGA cable I have connected to my PC and also tried the HDMI ports from my laptop. I found the image sharpness to be "exactly" the same.
3. I was hoping in this version of Benq Projectors they would have fixed the "issue" because it is a major issue with this brand, not having the ability to have a sharp image in both diagonal corners. This is supposed to be a 720p projector and when you manually focus your left a bit defeated when you can't get a sharp image like you can on the rest of the screen. They obviously have a flaw in their design.
4. When I used the "suggested" resolution that the machine displayed, I did so but had a nightmare with the horizontal and vertical phase settings, this nearly drove me mad! I had to change to a smaller resolution for the fuzziness to stop on the screen.
5. To top things off I found a 3mm scratch on the lense.
6. I noticed the settings with brightness colour were exactly the same as my older model Benq MP515.
I'm sending this unit back, very horrible experience... hoping the place I bought it from will let me exchange for something else due to the scratch and the focus issue.