Kogan Tv With Pvr
Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:51 PM
Does anyone know anything about the Kogan TV's that come with a PVR? The prices seem very attractive. Hs anyone here had any experience with items purchased from Kogan?
Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:01 PM
Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:28 PM
1) You have to buy a dedicated separate external harddrive and format it for use only with the TV.
2) You generally can't copy content from this drive to say another PC
3) You can only record one thing at a time
4) If something is recording then that's the channel you have to watch.
5) User interface is usually clunky and simple.
6) Features like adskip also very limited usually.
7) If the TV breaks down you also lose the PVR capability for that time.
This applies to just about all TV PVR combos. Personally I'd recommend getting a good seperate twin tuner PVR like the MagicTV for around $300. The other advantage of this approach is that the PVR handles all the on screen stuff. So if the channel change on the TV is slow or reception dodgy this doesn't matter as the PVR is the one sorting all that.
Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:43 PM
Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:08 PM
It was a good price and was free delivery at the time so to me it was good value compared to the other "low end" small TVs.
Actually the best thing about it is was that I got the lounge room back and no ABC4KIDS all day!
Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:38 AM
The only negative so far was the sound quality but that was easily solved once the Samsung 3D BluRay DVD player and speakers were added.
99.9% of my viewing is through my Topfield 2400 PVR's tuners but the few timers the TV tuner has been used I am sure it has even better PQ.
After waiting all these years to up size I was not let down and can recommend these TVs.
Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:50 AM