Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ziggybet

42" Lg Plasma 42Pt250

8 posts in this topic

Hi all.

I am interested in this Tv and would like advise and comments if anyone has this TV or has experienced it.

I can buy the 42pt250 at "OO" for $489.95. This appears to be a bargain and the tv will fit my cabinet.

Does anyone know what the picture is like in a bright room?

Any comments will help.

Edited by ziggybet

I'd personally go for the Panasonic U30 42" plasma for that price point - and the Panasonic is 1080p unlike the LG which is 768p. It was selling for $498 at Big W last week.

Thanks for the tip on the Panasonic U30. This would have been the go, but it is a bit too wide for the cabinet. The TV has to be less than 995mm wide.

The Panasonic TH-P42GT30A will fit but costs more. Anyone know if the anti-reflective louvre filter helps in a bright room and what should I expect to pay for this TV.

Any comments are appreciated.

Does anyone know what the picture is like in a bright room?

Very good, we have one in a large central area in a retirement village.

Anyone know if the anti-reflective louvre filter helps in a bright room and what should I expect to pay for this TV.

People are picking up the GT 42' for ~ $800-$850. The Louvre filter is good, but in a brightly lit room with lots of reflection sources, an LCD would IMO be better.

PQ is good.... but LG in general has a very high failure rate.

Disagree totally.

I would advise the OP to go for a 42" LG lcd. He would get a much better set all round and it would be backed by a manufacturers warranty of 3 years, not 1 year like most others.