Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gadgarra

Copy Protection Of Mystar Hd Output

119 posts in this topic

well FIVE days after I ordered it I finally got a confirmation of postage <_< but the email says its coming from Israel :o by Israel Post! Has anyone else who has purchased a Grex had their delivered from Israel and how long did it take?

well FIVE days after I ordered it I finally got a confirmation of postage <_< but the email says its coming from Israel :o by Israel Post! Has anyone else who has purchased a Grex had their delivered from Israel and how long did it take?

Yes, mine was delivered from Israel. I can't remember how long it took though, sorry (but I don't remember it being a long time, i.e. I didn't get to the point of wondering where it was).

Mine took three weeks, but then I did make a mistake and had it delivered to a friend in the US. I didn't realise they were coming out of Israel, all I noted from the Grex website at the time was "free shipping within the US", but I could have had free shipping direct to Oz as well :wacko: I wrongly assumed it was coming from the US so my friend who was already mailing me something I'd purchased at amazon.com combined the package and sent it on. It probably cost me 10 days longer plus $6 or 7 on the stamps as well.

But the product works well and that's what we want it to do. Only recently my Wife was on the local prime news so now we have that on DVD to keep forever.

I haven't recorded anything for weeks, but is it true that Austar have dropped the copy protection on the Mystar HD?

Just purchased a grex for my mystar HD because yesterday I went to transfer a recording and the jaycar no longer stripped the copy protection. Was there a change in copy protection type recently?

My Jaycar unit still works fine. The only complaint I have is that I use the S-video input, and every time there is a power failure the unit resets itself to expect composite and you have to press the little button again to select S-video.

I haven't recorded anything for weeks, but is it true that Austar have dropped the copy protection on the Mystar HD?

Sorry, can't test this for you (since my DVD recorder strips protection anyway)....but has something happened that makes you think they have dropped copy protection on the HDs output stream? (Curious to know why you asked the question....it would seem strange that Austar would actually IMPROVE our service in this regard!!)

Still no grex :( starting to think customs has nicked it

Possible, but unlikely imo Jason. Don't forget International Christmas post is in full swing = delayed arrival.

I'm very interested in this. I upgraded from the standard Austar box to MyStar HD, and now I can't record anything on my Pana PVR because of the macrovision protection. I run a Panasonic XW300, and I intend to buy the Jaycar device tomorrow. I'll let people know the results I get.

I'm still very iffy about MyStar. I don't have any movie channels or sports channels, so the HD output is basically not used. I upgraded to try and fix a problem with image quality (I ended up replacing the TV instead). The advantage of MyStar is the ability record two Austar channels simultaneously, and to set recording automatically. If you recall the standard Austar box, you can't set it up to turn on / off, nor change channel, automatically. If there was a single programme on in the middle of the night I wanted to record, it wasn't an issue. I just had to make sure I left the STB on and set to the right channel. If there were programmes on different channels, I would have to get up in the middle of the night to change channels after the first programme was recorded. The MyStar box avoids this but if I can't get rid of the macrovision I will most likely go back to the old box.

Edited by Obviousman

Be aware that you can record 2 channels "but" that to do at the same time 1 of them has to be on the channel you want recorded.

Okay, bought it (the AR-1822) and tried it with the MyStarHD and a Panasonic DMR-XW300. Works perfectly!

Edited by Obviousman

Okay, bought it (the AR-1822) and tried it with the MyStarHD and a Panasonic DMR-XW300. Works perfectly!

Hi there I have a Panasonic DMR-XW380 and purchased the AR-1822 as I have the copy protected thing come up on my MyStarHD

Connected it up to S-Video and we can record Audio but no Video present

Can you give step by step instructions as to how you connected yours up and got it to work please, as not sure if we have done ours properly as to why its not showing video

Thanks we need help with this as I am starting to think its a waste of time and effort having MyStarHD

Hi there I have a Panasonic DMR-XW380 and purchased the AR-1822 as I have the copy protected thing come up on my MyStarHD

Connected it up to S-Video and we can record Audio but no Video present

Can you give step by step instructions as to how you connected yours up and got it to work please, as not sure if we have done ours properly as to why its not showing video

Thanks we need help with this as I am starting to think its a waste of time and effort having MyStarHD

Finally got it to work thanks to my Dad he said need another S-Video lead, it now works like a charm, very happy

This is good news ! I have a DMR-XW350. If it works for the 300 and the 380 hopes are high.

Been wanting to upgrade as I need a new remote anyway and I have one of oldest boxes.

Plus I will be able to watch (though not record) some decent HD sport.

That's a good question - if you can record two channels, can you watch the HD version and record the SD channel for archive ? It's what I did with SBS and the World Cup.

Got the Grex in the mail today. It links between the Mystar and a Panasonic DMR-XW350. Works great. Thanks to those forum members who recommended it.