Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
webbsy

Foxtel Deals?

20 posts in this topic

Called to disconnect Sport. Nothing to watch over summer. Woman didn't bat an eyelid, so to speak. No hand wringing that my request was going to cause the downfall of Foxtel. Just acknowledged the request and confirmed that both my MystarHDs were turned on.

I called to remove the Doco package as we're trying to save money at the moment and they offered to leave it on at no charge...I declined as I knew I'd have to resume paying for it in a few months anyway, but a few days later I decided I'd take them up on the offer after all so called them up and said so and they offered me one month at no charge. Had no choice but to take it (as there are some docos coming up that we really want to see), but I cancelled the Entertainment Plus package so as to make it affordable...no offers of any free time on that! By the way, the reason we have Foxtel is because we have very little free to air reception here in Yass and no FTA HD.

Edited by Brisbie

Was going to disconnect as on basic and entertainment package paying $60 a month with IQ3 was offered Basic,Entertainment and 9 movie channels for $35 a month for 12 months so took the deal

Plenty of deals on now, just resigned up to HD platinum for $89 mth for 12 mths incl free presto for 12mths no contract. Got all ch except sport for friend $65 mth for 12 mths. Others getting basic and sport HD for $30mth 12 mth.

Basiclly take $30 - $35 off plans and 12mth instead of ringing back every 3 months like before.

Edited by wheelz

Rang up in October to get rid of sports etc over summer.

$5 a month to suspend subscription completely till the footy starts again. Not missing it at all now I have netflix

Good call to suspend this, I have done it a few times over summer in past years as I find the programmes on free to air much better this time of year than the Feb > November period. I have forgotten whether or not you can view the recordings on the hard drive while the service is suspended, I expect you could not but can anyone confirm ? ( I have the first of the IQ boxes and am on cable, if that makes a difference )

I called to remove the Doco package as we're trying to save money at the moment and they offered to leave it on at no charge...I declined as I knew I'd have to resume paying for it in a few months anyway

This tactic seems to be growing in popularity. I rang up to renegotiate my annual insurance renewal and cut the away from home coverage from $5000 to $2500. They lowered the price but then said they'd provide the $5000 coverage at no extra cost. Seems like a good deal until you realise it will be charged in full for next year and most people won't bother (or forget) to reduce the amounts again.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

I noted the free 2 x movies per month stops again 31st December, has anyone tried a tactic to reverse that?

Merry Xmas

Gary

Yeah I noticed their giving you free presto instead.

Got the below for $60/month for 12 months.

HD

Sports

Entertainment

Entertainment Plus

Drama

Docos

Wait, what's *not* in that package that platinum would get? (looking for the catch)

Wait, what's *not* in that package that platinum would get? (looking for the catch)

Movies: 9 Themed movie channels

Kids: Kids Stuff

Presto?: 12 months subscription (Nominally worth $165)

Multiroom?: Extra Foxtel Box

$60 does seem unusually generous of Foxtel.

As a new user (and you know companies always prefer new customers to old loyal ones) the same packages as Ralphi has nabbed costs $120 per month (Which is also the same price as the platinum pack ATM).

Be interested in how Ralphi obtained a 50% discount...

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Edited by pgdownload

I didn't really want to move off my old package - Sports/HD & a selection of channels from Ent+, Drama, Docos.

They mentioned "loyalty" so I guess that helped.

They came back with the above deal for a year, or my old package for 2 months.........so to save the dealing every few months, I just locked in their offer, where I didn't lose any of the preferred channels.

I worked it out to cost $100 normally, so $40 off..

We'll see what happens in a years time....

They came back with the above deal for a year, or my old package for 2 month
Sounds like they had some external reason for needing you off whatever legacy package you were on? Who can tell. Seems like a good result anyway. At $50 a month Foxtel Platinum would start becoming value for money IMO (but that's why i don't have Foxtel :o))

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Got the below for $60/month for 12 months.

Nice one, I only managed to get that package for $70 but still happy.

I have a Foxtel thru Telstra bundle Home Phone/Broadband Cable & Foxtel Platinum.

The past 2 months I have been given a full credit for the Foxtel Component, I am not sure why.

Like an honest citizen I rung them up the first month & advised that they have made an error.

Well it looks like they did not heed my contact & now I think I will let it ride to see how long it will take to be picked up by Telstra.

I have a Foxtel thru Telstra bundle Home Phone/Broadband Cable & Foxtel Platinum.

The past 2 months I have been given a full credit for the Foxtel Component, I am not sure why.

Like an honest citizen I rung them up the first month & advised that they have made an error.

Well it looks like they did not heed my contact & now I think I will let it ride to see how long it will take to be picked up by Telstra.

Based on my experience it takes about 2 to 3 billing cycles.

Cheers

Gary

4 months in a row now, full credit of Foxtel charges - do they back charge once they pick it up?