Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fossil

ANDYS Timeshift tap get this new one!

15 posts in this topic

Latest ProgressbarKeys Tap version 3.3 from Andycullen

Andy also acknowledges that the idea for this tap is based on Koops ExtraJump.tap

Get this one!!!

I has more displays and more options and does all as listed below.

Brilliant!!!

foss

THIS IS FROM ANDYS WEB PAGE

IM SURE HE WON'T MIND ME PLACING THIS HERE TO TELL MEMBERS ABOUT THIS TAP

Here is a link to his page...follow the progressbarkeys link

http://members.westnet.com.au/acullen/topfield.htm

ProgressBarKeys v3.3

New features

Progress bar is closed 4 seconds after the last key was pressed unless the last key pressed was the play key.

ProgressBarKeys.ini is now in a more readable format.

Extra Information Box optionally available when Topfield information box or progress bar is displayed.

Macro Keys Default Settings

Recorded Program Keys

Red Key 03:00 Forward

Blue Key 0:10 Backward

>| Key 0:15 Forward

|< Key 0:10 Backward

Time shifted Program Keys

Blue Key 0:07 Backward

>| Key 0:20 Forward

|< Key 0:20 Backward

Playback During Recording Keys

Blue Key 0:10 Backward

>| Key 0:20 Forward

|< Key 0:20 Backward

Faster Forward and Rewind

The |< and >| key macros generate 2 times the << key and 3 times >> key per key press respectively. As a result using the |< and >| keys to move through the progress bar is two times faster in rewind and 3 faster moving forward than using the << or >> keys.

Extra Information Box

Box 1

Current date and time in the format dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss.

Box 2

Reports the free space in MB on your HDD followed by and estimate of the recording time available based on the parameter MbPerMin (default is 56). I calculated the average MB per minute by recording several shows and then looking at the size and number of minutes reported in the file menu. The actual MB per minute varies depending on the channel and the program. If you don't like the number I have calculated then edit the ProgressBarKeys.ini file and put in your own estimate. If the calculated recording time available is less than the parameter HddFreeHours (default=4) the box will display with a red background.

Box 3

The third box reports the estimated date and time your disk will be full based on your current timer setting and available recording time calculated in box 2. If the hours to the ETF calculated is less than the parameter HddTimerHours (default=48) the box will display with a red background.

Estimated Time Full (ETF) Calculation Example

Current date and time 11/07/2004 14:00

Timer 1 records daily at 18:00 for 60 minutes.

The ETF will be 13/07/2004 18:00 as the calculated available disk space on that day would not be sufficient for the timer duration. There was sufficient disk space for the timer on the 11/07/2004 and 12/07/2004.

ProgressBarKeys Menu

The ProgressBarKeys menu is displayed when you start the tap manually. Once the tap is running the menu can be displayed by pressing the exit key.

ProgressBarKeys Stop

Selecting this menu option terminates the tap.

ProgressBarKeys Suspend/Resume

This menu option stops the tap from intercepting key commands giving you normal key functionality.

Red Key Auto On/Off

The Red key functionality requires the progress bar to be displayed. If you want the Red key to work without first displaying the progress bar select "Red Key Auto ON" in the tap menu. Note: The Pip function will not be available whilst the tap is enabled and "Red Key Auto ON".

Fwd/Rew Key Auto On/Off

When the Fwd/Rew Key Auto function is on the 2x, 4x, 6x fast forward and 1x, 2x, 3x rewind functions are replaced with the progress bar fast forward and rewind functions. When you press the fast forward key for the first time the tap will show the progress bar.

Progress Bar Extra Info On/Off

When this menu option is set to ON the extra information box will be displayed whenever the Topfield progress bar is displayed.

Information Box Extra Info On/Off

When this menu option is set to ON the extra information box will be displayed whenever the Topfield information box is displayed.

Information Box Extra Info Top/Bottom

When this menu option is set to Top the extra information box will be displayed on top of the Topfield progress bar. When set to Bottom the extra information box will be displayed at the bottom of the Topfield progress bar.

Reset Key Setup

This menu option will restore all the ProgressBarKeys settings back to the original settings.

Close Menu/Next Tap

This menu option closes the menu and generates the exit key for the next tap to respond to.

ProgressBarKeys.ini

You can edit the ProgressBarKeys.ini file on your PC using notepad to change the macro key definitions.

Recorded PlayBack Keys (Mode 1)

Yellow (Bookmark) key jumps forward 30 seconds.

Forward (>>) key moves forward 5 seconds.

Rewind (<<) key moves backward 2.5 seconds.

Timeshift Playback Keys (Mode 2)

Forward (>>) key moves forward 10 seconds.

Rewind (<<) key moves backward 10 seconds.

Recording Playback Keys (Mode 3)

Forward (>>) key appears to move a variable number of seconds with each press.

Rewind (<<) key appears to move a variable number of seconds with each press.

ProgressBarKeys FAQ

Q. Why did you choose the Blue key to jump backwards.

A. The Topfield manual states the blue key will jump backwards 10 seconds, however the blue key only worked in Time Shift mode. The first thing this tap was trying to do was to make the blue key work the same in all modes. Once you load this tap you can make the blue key jump forward if you like.

Q. How do I display the ProgressBarKeys Menu.

A. Press the exit button

Q. What firmware has this tap been tested with.

A. Australian April 6 2004 firmware. It will not work with earlier versions as is uses functions added to the API in the April 6 2004 firmware.

Hi folks,

Please bear with me for a few days while I bump this to the top so that as many Toppie owner members as possible have a chance to see it before it gets buried.

foss

I've added it to the Topfield Sticky post anyway so it won't disappear that quickly.

Its under the "Unofficial Software - "TAP's" " heading.

Yes it certainly is....there has been lots of revisions adding new blades and tools to the swiss army knife of taps, since then...lol.His program just keeps getting better and better.

foss

Nice TAP :blink: I like

Yes it certainly is....there has been lots of revisions adding new blades and tools to the swiss army knife of taps, since then...lol.His program just keeps getting better and better.

foss

Nice TAP :blink: I like

Anything that makes our lives with toppy easier.. I am all for it.

Thanks to those that bought this thread back to the top again.

I have just revisited this TAP and some of the newer functions are EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I will definately be updating the version on my Topfield this weekend.

What firmware has this tap been tested with.

A. Australian April 6 2004 firmware

Australian April 20 2004 firmware

Australian Aug 18 2004 firmware.

It requires a minimum of Australian April 6 2004 firmware is uses functions added to the API in that firmware.

Where are these new FW revisions Andy Mentions? Topfiled Aus onlys has April6 & Topfield Korea has apparently thrown all 5000pvrT stuff into a black hole?

please be patient djos...

There IS a new FW revision on the horizon....

For starters....ICE TV has been working with one when they release their Gadget we will need the new FW so it works....

on Top of that, Jai mentioned to me that they were working on one but were tidying it up....

foss

OK Andy, I've just installed 4.9 and maaaate what a beauty, defiantely your best work yet! Thanks Mate, I luv it.

just 1 niggly little thing tho, and that's the three different lots of "macro" settings. It's impossible for me to remember what applies where/when so I set all 3 macro's to the following:

Yellow: 30s forward (default)

Red: 3m forward (default)

Blue: 10s back

|<: 15s back

>|: 15s forward

>>: normal FF mode's

<<: normal RR mode's

I find these settings work better for me and my geek & non-geek friends & family as they are consistant no matter what.

Anyway imho you should make these the defaults and supply an .ini file with the more complicated settings for those who dislike simplicity :blink: